RealModScene
JPizzle

Quick and Dirty connectx Guide

Quick and Dirty connectx Guide.

There's not much to this process so this will be fairly short and sweet and very much to the point. Once you've obtained the connectx file and have patched it as instructed you'll need do follow a few steps to get things working on the PC/Server side of things. First off, this is for Windows 7, the other windows Operating Systems should be more or less about the same steps.

Step 1) Hopefully you know your user name, if not hitting the Windows Key + R, or clicking Start, Run will bring you to a run dialog, in this box type “cmd” and press Enter.

You should see a black box with some text in it, doesn't really matter what the text says right now. You will want to enter one of the following two commands

hostname

whoami

Depending on which you ran you should get the the login information you will need to enter into your 360.

Posted Image

As you can see here, C:\Users\**********\ is the user name I use to log into my pc, running hostname will give you the name of your pc. AS with whoami, it'll give you the information in the format of computername\user.

Now, we need to setup a share. It doesn't matter where you have your files, it doesn't matter what it's named, find the folder YOU keep all of your extracted 360 games, in my case it's just my E: drive.

Right click the folder you have your games and what not in and select Properties.

Posted Image

Once in properties, we want to pick the Sharing Tab.

Posted Image

Mine looks a bit different than yours does right now because I've already gone through this, but the guidelines are the same. Hit the Advanced Sharing button. Once the Advanced Sharing dialog pops up you will want to tick the checkbox for “Share this folder”

Posted Image

Pay close attention to what you have listed in the box under “Share name” THIS is what you''re going to be entering into FSD for the share path, I've simply put E, now hit Apply.

This should give you all the information you will need to enter into FSD to get connectx working.

Have fun.

Does ConnectX work with original Xbox games? I can get it to work with 360 games and arcade games but when I try to do original xbox games it never works, just gives an error and goes back to FSD.

I have been googling this for the past two weeks and have not been able to find anything on original xbox games with this.

I have not tested this personally but it's shouldn't matter. Make sure you have the xbox1 emulator data installed, there is a tutorial on this site with the needed files.

If Dump the game to a folder on the local drive it will run the game fine, I have the hacked backwards compatibility files on my system.

If I run the game from disk It will run the game fine. But whenever I try to get it to run from ConnectX it will show the xbox logo on screen for a few moments and then give an error then go back to FSD. I am sorry I didn’t say anything about the compatibility files being there before.