RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.2a

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to provide everyone with a little sneak peak of what we are working on for 0.2A of Aurora.  The primary focus in this update will be to continue to fill out the "Not Implemented" portions of the dash including the following:

New Scenes:

DLC Browser - This scene will allow you to browse your DLC for your retail games and delete DLC if desired.  Additionally, if you browse DLC for any titles that are under the ScriptData = "Emulators" it will display a list of roms for that emulator.  There are going to be some assumptions in the this first iterations of the the ROM Browser, such as your roms being in a subfolder called "Roms" in the particular title's folder.  We've also added the ability to set launch data for ROMs- this means you can press (A) on a rom and it'll launch the emulator with laucnh data set-  it'll be up to the emulator authors to support direct loading roms from there.

Saved Game Browser  - This scene will allow you to browse your Saved Games and delete them if desired.  Not much more to do at this point, but is at least a little bit of management in that area.

Preview - This scene will allow you to browse through the screenshots downloaded during the Content Scan process.  It will also allow you to play the trailer that was downloaded, if available.  This scene should let you view these assets in either full screen and/or slide show format.

Achievements - This scene will allow you to browse through the achievements that the signed in profile has unlocked.  Not much else to do, but a good way to check your progress in a game.

Overscan  - This scene will allow users to adjust their overscan from within the dash without having to modify the database.

Changes

• Unity Username and Unity Password will change from profile specific to system specific.
  • Addition of a "Updates are Available" notification at boot of Aurora, if new updates are available
  • Support accents and special chars in Unity Username field (and other text fields)
  • Fix misc. bugs and issues we found through out.

Stay tuned for the upcoming release-  it is still a little ways out, but is being worked on.

Thanks for helping us test our new dash replacement and look forward to bringing more functionality in the future.

Note:  The above list is our current target- if something is missing during the release of 0.2 that was listed above- then something happened and it wasn't quite ready for release.

Thanks!

Thanks!!!

It will look the list of "friends" on HUD "LiNK System"? :D

Aurora and Freestyle Plugin are different projects.

Thx!

I was hoping something like that DLC Browser scene to be encouraged to play M.A.M.E romset :)

Still no File Manager :(. that is the biggest reason I havnt switched from FSD. Keep up the good work.

Honestly I am thinking that filemanager is not  necessary even integrated to the aurora (except this on HUD). The job for the aurora and FSD/F3 is simply to run the apps. Also we have FTP server integrated we can do all manage work with FTP.

So my mind is that features like filemanager, skin manager, weather widgets, even thermal info (while we have it on HUD), and options that can be controlled via dashlauncher, even http server is unnecessary IMO.

Thanks

Edited by e01

I personally use the file manager for copying XBLA/Indie games/DLC to my xbox, as every time I try to use FTP for this the xbox says it is corrupt. If I copy it with the File Manager in FSD/XEXMenu I dont have that problem. and since the Hud File Manager doesnt have this option, and is only really good for launching XEX files, it doesnt really fit my needs.

I personally use the file manager for copying XBLA/Indie games/DLC to my xbox, as every time I try to use FTP for this the xbox says it is corrupt. If I copy it with the File Manager in FSD/XEXMenu I dont have that problem. and since the Hud File Manager doesnt have this option, and is only really good for launching XEX files, it doesnt really fit my needs.

It's probably a settings issue, you need to have your transfer mode set to Binary, not Ascii

Still no File Manager :(. that is the biggest reason I havnt switched from FSD. Keep up the good work.

+1 Same here. No File Manager, no DVD Manager. Without laptop/pc/connection Aurora is still useless. Do not compare bullsh1t like weather plugin to this two important options.

Lets see a example situation:

2 persons, 2 of them have console with rgh, 1 of them have pc, 1 not and no internet connection. This one with pc gave some games on usb stick to next guy. No way to copy it. Same with dvd for now. 

For now Aurora have more restrictions than functions. Now we need other applications or application of competition to do some things. But that does not mean that the Aurora project is bad. Keep doing good work. Give us file manager with checkbox selection to each file/folder and you have a double win.

xexmenu support filesystem operations, and u could start it from HUD's file browser

Aurora is awesome. First of all it looks soooo much better and it's easy to use. In time all the bugs will be ironed out.

I use ftp for transferring files, only thing I would like is the webui to work in the same way as FSD, where you can easily rename stuff, upload covers etc.

hello guys know one of you when the update will come out? I am very pleased it :)

hello guys know one of you when the update will come out? I am very pleased it :)

It'll come out as soon as it's ready for the public =) not a second before that ;)

this sounds awesome guys keep up the good work and as soon as i get some spare cash i will be donating to help keep up the good work :thumbup:  :clap:  

• Like 1

Hello!

I started to use this new dash two weeks ago. This is impressive! The dash is so nice, clean, fast, very simple, easy to use, but in the mean time, it's more than complete. (no need for further content to build in it) Just simply: I LOVE IT!

Do you have any information about the release date of the next update?

Hello!

I started to use this new dash two weeks ago. This is impressive! The dash is so nice, clean, fast, very simple, easy to use, but in the mean time, it's more than complete. (no need for further content to build in it) Just simply: I LOVE IT!

Do you have any information about the release date of the next update?

When it's ready for the next release it'll be released... untill then, there'll be no information...