RealModScene
Anonymous

[tut]How to setup Aurora with system link

But it was deactivated in my Modem router, not my router.

Your "Modem Router" is a replacement for a Modem + Router you had in the past, correct? or are you now using your "Modem Router" + Router?

If you're in the later case, ("Modem Router" + Router) you're effectively disabling the router part of the "Modem Router", making it a Modem only... (which would explain the entire situation...)

Your "Modem Router" is a replacement for a Modem + Router you had in the past, correct? or are you now using your "Modem Router" + Router?

If you're in the later case, ("Modem Router" + Router) you're effectively disabling the router part of the "Modem Router", making it a Modem only... (which would explain the entire situation...)

Is a replacement for a Modem, and a I am using the Modem router + router. I just reseted it, gonna test LiNK again to see if it was the DHCP on the Modem Router.

Is a replacement for a Modem, and a I am using the Modem router + router. I just reseted it, gonna test LiNK again to see if it was the DHCP on the Modem Router.

You can either remove the Router and use the built-in crap in your modem, or disable the built-in crap in the modem and use your router, it only causes problems having 2 routers like that (for the average user - you...)

You can either remove the Router and use the built-in crap in your modem, or disable the built-in crap in the modem and use your router, it only causes problems having 2 routers like that (for the average user - you...)

Yeah, failing again. It's the DHCP of the Modem Router. When it was disabled, Aurora successfully tried the ports. Now that its enabled, it doesn't. 'Cuz I'm being doubled routered (?).

I will disable the DHCP on the Modem Router. Thanks for all the replies and help Darkglider and Swizzy.

Did you connected your Router to the Modem Router, to Wan or Lan Port to the Modem router ?

If your Modem Router has a Wan Port, you should connect your router to the Wan Port of your Modem Router, because the Router Part of your Modem get bypassed. Its the same you would connected your stuff directly to a modem. It makes your configuration a lot more easier.

Yeah, failing again. It's the DHCP of the Modem Router. When it was disabled, Aurora successfully tried the ports. Now that its enabled, it doesn't. 'Cuz I'm being doubled routered (?).

I will disable the DHCP on the Modem Router. Thanks for all the replies and help Darkglider and Swizzy.

Exactly, double NAT (double routered as you call it) will cause it to fail to function as the router reports the wrong IP (internal IP given by the modem)

Did you connected your Router to the Modem Router, to Wan or Lan Port to the Modem router ?

If your Modem Router has a Wan Port, you should connect your router to the Wan Port of your Modem Router, because the Router Part of your Modem get bypassed. Its the same you would connected your stuff directly to a modem. It makes your configuration a lot more easier.

Uhm... the Modem Router has a Lan port, I connected the lan cable to the lan port of the Modem Router to the Wan port of the Router.

Exactly, double NAT (double routered as you call it) will cause it to fail to function as the router reports the wrong IP (internal IP given by the modem)

Cool, I'm glad tha I'm not so lost xD

There are ways around this, it involves port forwarding from router to router, which I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, as I figured the issue revolved around something stupid like this. lol. Honestly, I would have disabled routing on the second router, and used it as a switch. I do this in my own house, as I have a computer that acts as a router/file server/UPnP server/Pulseaudio server. Then on the wifi router, I disable all Upnp, DNS, DHCP, etc services, and plug in my router to one of the Lan Ports. Doing this also allows me to monitor network traffic better, and/or force filter web traffic for the children.(Squid w/Dansguardian) Since the server is a router, I can force pass all internet traffic through the proxy, which will filter sites based on content, then using IDT I can allo bypass for certain users, and it is handled when they log on to the PC. No extra stuff required. ;)

• Like 1

Uhm... the Modem Router has a Lan port, I connected the lan cable to the lan port of the Modem Router to the Wan port of the Router.

This is bad. Just for the records, why did you running this special Hardware configuration ?

This is bad. Just for the records, why did you running this special Hardware configuration ?

If there was a half like button, I would press it, as it is only bad if you dont intend to dual nat. As to the answer for most people in my experience:

As a computer tech, I can say I have fixed these bad setups in peoples homes before, some do it so they can keep different systems on different subnets, and others do it not knowing the implications, because they want to extend wifi, or think it will act as a switch without configuration. Professionally, those are the main reasons I see for this, but more than likely, it is because people are trying to extend wifi, in my experience. That being said, some routers have an option to turn it into a wifi access point only(Essentially disables DHCP,DNS,Upnp) so that this problem doesnt happen. Long story short, most people dont understand routing/NAT, and think every thing is plug and play. Which in a routers normal capacity, as a router it usually is. There are also the others that dont realize their modem is also a router, or the people who dont trust the security of the router from the ISP. In all fairness, I still see ISPs(Comcast/Century Link) that still give out routers that are vulnerable to the PixieDust attack, so I can say that these concerns are valid. In fact some comcast routers have a shared default pin for WPS, and the router is also vulnerable to reaver/pixiedust.

Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJE5YYSP-wHUu5-smIMTmJNu84XAviw-yyTmHyVGmT0/edit#gid=0 of routers with known vulnerabilities. This will assume you know the router you are attacking, but getting information like that is actually really easy. I can usually pull all of the information for the router right out of the air(Brand, Model, serial number, and even sometimes firmware version) without the wifi password. The real fun kicks in once you breach the wifi though. Evil laugh..... ;)

Old Modem broke up, I needed a new modem so I bought the cheapest one (I live in Venezuela lol)

• Like 2

If there was a half like button, I would press it, as it is only bad if you dont intend to dual nat. As to the answer for most people in my experience:

As a computer tech, I can say I have fixed these bad setups in peoples homes before, some do it so they can keep different systems on different subnets, and others do it not knowing the implications, because they want to extend wifi, or think it will act as a switch without configuration. Professionally, those are the main reasons I see for this, but more than likely, it is because people are trying to extend wifi, in my experience. That being said, some routers have an option to turn it into a wifi access point only(Essentially disables DHCP,DNS,Upnp) so that this problem doesnt happen. Long story short, most people dont understand routing/NAT, and think every thing is plug and play. Which in a routers normal capacity, as a router it usually is. There are also the others that dont realize their modem is also a router, or the people who dont trust the security of the router from the ISP. In all fairness, I still see ISPs(Comcast/Century Link) that still give out routers that are vulnerable to the PixieDust attack, so I can say that these concerns are valid. In fact some comcast routers have a shared default pin for WPS, and the router is also vulnerable to reaver/pixiedust.

Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJE5YYSP-wHUu5-smIMTmJNu84XAviw-yyTmHyVGmT0/edit#gid=0 of routers with known vulnerabilities. This will assume you know the router you are attacking, but getting information like that is actually really easy. I can usually pull all of the information for the router right out of the air(Brand, Model, serial number, and even sometimes firmware version) without the wifi password. The real fun kicks in once you breach the wifi though. Evil laugh..... ;)

hahahaha you a evil maniac xD well I already solved the problem, deactivating DHCP on my Modem Router and that's all, It was double NATing being why Aurora couldn't connect to the ports.

• Like 2

Personally i would always recommend bypassing the ISP router, that's in general far easier, and it leaves you with more control over what security is applied to your network...

Hi, my problem is: All is OK but, when i start any game and my System link button is unaviliable.. Why? Downloading title updates and enable them, no problem but still no connection to internet and Xbox Live.. :( Help me pls. And sorry for my bad english, i'm from Bulgaria..

Hi, my problem is: All is OK but, when i start any game and my System link button is unaviliable.. Why? Downloading title updates and enable them, no problem but still no connection to internet and Xbox Live.. :( Help me pls. And sorry for my bad english, i'm from Bulgaria..

System link is different from xbox live, they are NOT the same. By system link button unavailable you mean it is greyed out or its just not there?.. For the first one make sure all your tests pass and the game have system link compatibility.. For the latter one make sure freestyle plugin is loaded, if loaded already try unloading and re-loading it. System link/LiNK is like xbox live for jtag/rgh.

• Like 1

System link button lights off.. I can't press it. And i unload freestyle plugin and load it again but nothing.. (When i unload the plugin , system link button missing..) System link Compatibility.. ? I don't think maybe no..

Everyone.. but for now wwe 2k17. Just i want internet connection without multiplayer game, i want go to Shop menu and download Features.. new characters and DLC when they be official access.. With 2 words, to unlock all in these games..

Everyone.. but for now wwe 2k17.

wwe 2k17 Is not system link compatible. There are selected number of games which have the "system link" option in them, you can check the full list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_System_Link_games here.

Only games in this list can be played on LiNK.

Edit: or even better go to xboxunity.net and filter "system link games" only and you can get the whole list and even can see how many players are online currently playing on each game.

• Like 1

Sorry, i don't understand.. Just i want internet connection to get features in Shop menu on this game and i need internet connection to update my console.. I didn't  succeed with USB. I try auto update with USB but nothing.. :(

Sorry, i don't understand.. Just i want internet connection to get features in Shop menu on this game and i need internet connection to update my console.. I didn't succeed with USB. I try auto update with USB but nothing.. :(

The only way you can do that is by having a unmodified console, we intentionally block xbox live... there are other ways, but we don't support any of those... get a retail/unmodified console for Xbox Live use, and you'll have no issues...

Sent from my SM-G903F