RealModScene
Anonymous

[tut]How to setup Aurora with system link

should i contact my isp? if yes what kind of problem should i complaint about?

If the ports dont pass then and you have tried all the solutions possible and you are sure that you did it right.. If still dont pass then last thing is to call the isp.. Ask them if they are blocking some ports and tell them you want to forward ports for your xbox..

What type of connection you have?

• Like 1

wireless??

Wireless means several things... are you using a mobile connection (3G, 4G etc.)? those aren't supported for this, well, they work for some but most have issues with it...

If you're using "Wifi" it's just local, you don't have that from your ISP, they just supplied you with a router that gives you wifi in your house, not the same thing (you should try to get it wired to your console tho as wireless sucks and can easily be disrupted by a person walking between the console and router, or even wind!)

55a061ac53fc91a7ba9a912e39265ee1.jpg

UNPnPe0116eed4379a1ac4cfdd828788d5429.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly like that but the ports in aurora always fail... I don´t know what to do.

Edited by Nightwinter

What kind of internet connection did you use ( dsl, cable, mobile, sat) ?

cable... but it´s weird, I think to recall that LiNK worked before...

You did mean a dns fault ?

Link, Realmodscene, Xbox Unty, are running on the same Server. If you get a connection to realmodscene, you should get also a connection to link, if the ports are opened.

I have had routers that wouldnt forward certain ports. Try changing the ports(Both on router and Xbox) to something else. also make sure you are forwarding ports on both tcp and udp.

You did mean a dns fault ?

Link, Realmodscene, Xbox Unty,are running on the same Server. If you get a connection to realmodscene, you should get also a connection to link, if the ports are opened.

yeah, but it wasn't.

I have had routers that wouldnt forward certain ports. Try changing the ports(Both on router and Xbox) to something else. also make sure you are forwarding ports on both tcp and udp.

Okey, going to try it now.

What i am trying to say is,Its with high certainty a port problem. A Dns Server dissolve Computer names into Ip Adresses and reverse. This has nothing to do with the ports. The only question is, where the problem is. Your Router, or your Internet Service Provider.

Oh! New discovery (in fact, I forgot it xD) I have a TPLink TD8817 modem router for Modem... Now that I remember, with my old modem (R.I.P) I had LiNK services all okey.

Mmmmh... just to be clear, do I need a static ip for port forward/Link ?

In the long run, I would suggest a static IP, or adding the xbox mac to the list of preassigned addresses on the router. Basically the same as a static IP, but the DHCP server will never let the lease expire, so the xbox will always get assigned the same address. Also, if using UPNP, the ports might still fail, but the service will still work, at least if you are not the one hosting the game.

In the long run, I would suggest a static IP, or adding the xbox mac to the list of preassigned addresses on the router. Basically the same as a static IP, but the DHCP server will never let the lease expire, so the xbox will always get assigned the same address. Also, if using UPNP, the ports might still fail, but the service will still work, at least if you are not the one hosting the game.

Already my Xbox had its mac and ip preassigned since the old modem.

Already my Xbox had its mac and ip preassigned since the old modem.

By definition, old modem, presumably with its own routeing capabilities, setup for this. Now we are talking about a seperate router, and that means it needs to be reconfigured. Also if you are still running the old modem before this router, you will need to set up port forwarding on both devices. the first being from the xbox to the router, then forward the ports from the router to the modem. Think as each router as its own seperate network. If this is the case, I would suggest turning off all DNS/DHCP settings on the router, and then plugging in the ethernet cord into one of the ports for a computer. Then you will only need the configuation on the modem, as the second router would essentially become a switch. If there is only one router in this set up, disregard this information, as it will make no difference to you.

By definition, old modem, presumably with its own routeing capabilities, setup for this. Now we are talking about a seperate router, and that means it needs to be reconfigured. Also if you are still running the old modem before this router, you will need to set up port forwarding on both devices. the first being from the xbox to the router, then forward the ports from the router to the modem. Think as each router as its own seperate network. If this is the case, I would suggest turning off all DNS/DHCP settings on the router, and then plugging in the ethernet cord into one of the ports for a computer. Then you will only need the configuation on the modem, as the second router would essentially become a switch. If there is only one router in this set up, disregard this information, as it will make no difference to you.

I... didn't explained right (?) Let me start again. I had a Modem, it died, and a router. Then I bought a modem router (it was better and cheaper than the old modem). with the old modem, SL worked, but now that I'm using the modem router, it doesn't. Both the modem router and the router are tp-link.

Assuming you are using the same ISP as before, this sounds like a mis-configuration of some sort. First I would start by disabling Upnp, for testing purposes, then set up the MAC in the router so the system always recieves the same IP. I find this more reliable then static IP address, as most people dont configure their DHCP range, then set the address to what ever was assigned to the console when using DHCP. As this address is still in the pool, if the xbox is off, and another device connects to the router, it can get the IP you set for the xbox, and cause conflicts. When you have all of that setup, forward the ports to the address that is set aside for the xbox. Also, make sure you are typing in the address in the port forwarding propperly, as 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 are on 2 completly different subnets, on a class C network(255.255.255.0) vs class B(255.255.0.0) or class A(255.0.0.0) which they would be on the same subnet. I have seen people make mistakes such as this, and spend hours trying to figure out why it didnt work. All home routers are configured for Class C(Maximum 254 devices per subnet(255 is broadcast)) by default.

Can you see the hacker in me coming out to play? ;)

If all else fails, feel free to PM me, and I will teamview in and see if I can fix your problem remotely.

• Like 2

Assuming you are using the same ISP as before, this sounds like a mis-configuration of some sort. First I would start by disabling Upnp, for testing purposes, then set up the MAC in the router so the system always recieves the same IP. I find this more reliable then static IP address, as most people dont configure their DHCP range, then set the address to what ever was assigned to the console when using DHCP. As this address is still in the pool, if the xbox is off, and another device connects to the router, it can get the IP you set for the xbox, and cause conflicts. When you have all of that setup, forward the ports to the address that is set aside for the xbox. Also, make sure you are typing in the address in the port forwarding propperly, as 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 are on 2 completly different subnets, on a class C network(255.255.255.0) vs class B(255.255.0.0) or class A(255.0.0.0) which they would be on the same subnet. I have seen people make mistakes such as this, and spend hours trying to figure out why it didnt work. All home routers are configured for Class C(Maximum 254 devices per subnet(255 is broadcast)) by default.

Can you see the hacker in me coming out to play? ;)

If all else fails, feel free to PM me, and I will teamview in and see if I can fix your problem remotely.

hahaha xD well thanks, but I fixed it myself, the answer was to deactivate DHCP setting in my modem router. that was all xD now I can join the link parties :3

• Like 2

hahaha xD well thanks, but I fixed it myself, the answer was to deactivate DHCP setting in my modem router. that was all xD now I can join the link parties :3

You should have DHCP enabled, disabling it effectively breaks your network unless every device have a static IP... you should really investigate what's wrong with your setup rather then disable DHCP...

You should have DHCP enabled, disabling it effectively breaks your network unless every device have a static IP... you should really investigate what's wrong with your setup rather then disable DHCP...

But it was deactivated in my Modem router, not my router.