RealModScene
Anonymous

[tut]How to setup Aurora with system link

Is there a tutorial how this could be done with Free Style Dashboard instead of Aurora?

I am using FSD and I am quite happy with it.

I have already account with Unity, My router is setup fine but my system link is grayed out in the FSD menu?

Is there a tutorial how this could be done with Free Style Dashboard instead of Aurora?

I am using FSD and I am quite happy with it.

I have already account with Unity, My router is setup fine but my system link is grayed out in the FSD menu?

It works the same with FSD and Aurora, when System Link is grayed out (disabled) it means 1 of 2 things:

1. The game isn't compatible with LiNK

2. The plugin doesn't have the latest syslink.dat file downloaded (despite it being supposed to do so, this can be resolved by deleting the file from: fsd:\Plugins\UserData\syslink.dat, if my memory serves me right... that's where it's located, and that's the name of the file...)

i can't connect to system link.

i do as same as in your tutorial but still i am getting broadcast port and data port failing.

please help me out .

here are the scree shots.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OHkEjc1JiiN0NqalhKdEV2OGM/view?usp=sharing

please help me out!!

I might be mistaken, but you have port triggering enabled. That might be what's closing the ports, if no data is being sent out. I would remove that.

All your other settings look OK, you don't really need Port Forwarding though with UPNP enabled.

Well I didn't see port triggering mentioned in the tutorial. I'm not sure if having triggering, forwarding and upnp enabled is causing any conflict, but it seems unnecessary. Just try with upnp alone and remove the others. Make sure to reboot the router after making changes.

• Like 1

so i should disable port triggering ?

I have too TP-Link TL-WR740N/ND.

For System Link set port-triggering isn't needed.

You've set Forwarding -> Virtual Servers & UPnP correct.

In UPnP list Your XBOX should be listed active, for both opened ports and both, TCP & UTP, protocols (just like, in Your case, uTorrent is with 29558 port set and Torch with 51413 is). Check out UPnP list after XBOX reboot - XBOX on IP-address 192.168.0.100 with both opened ports (3071/3072) and both, TCP & UTP, protocols should be listed.

That's all You need to set on TP-Link TL-WR740N/ND for System Link availability.

But, besides that, Your ISP (or WAN-device like ADSL modem/router I have) should also permit traffic for both opened ports (3071/3072) and both, TCP & UTP, protocols, for IP-address dedicated to Your TP-Link TL-WR740N/ND.

You may also try to add XBOX IP-address 192.168.0.100 to Farwarding -> DMZ and check System Link availability afterwards.

• Like 1

I would recommend setting the WAN device to be in "bridge mode" as that leads to much less issues when using your own router in your local network

i did it, but still its not connecting can you please make a video tutorial and upload it.

please i would be very grateful.

Perhaps you need to check what type of connection you have? not all connections are compatible...

Hi i tried many things to open ports 3071,3072 I enabled UPnP, opened ports 3071,3072 on Virtual Servers but when tried to add my xbox MAC Address on Address Reservation tap  it didn't work just told me invalid mac address 

but i tried to open link (call of duty ghosts) without solve this problem i could join to the room but i can't see the servers and it said they i need the tu 17 but i have it enabled but xbox said that i am on tu zero 

any one could help me &thanks

3G, 4G etc. Generally don't work, get a stable wired connection and we'll help you if you still have issues

Sent from my SM-G903F

Peace to all in the scene✌ðŸ¾ï¸âœŒðŸ¾

First off.. Big shout out to Swizzy and the crew!!👊ðŸ¾ðŸ‘ŠðŸ¾ðŸ‘ŠðŸ¾ðŸ™ŒðŸ¾ðŸ™ŒðŸ¾ðŸ™ŒðŸ¾

Quick TUT how to connect to link with Aurora or FSD!!! WIN-10!!!

Please tell me that it helped at least one "GEEK"😂😂😂 love you all✌ðŸ¾ï¸âœŒðŸ¾âœŒðŸ¾

Wireless is bad for performance, and in general bad for everyone else on LiNK aswell

All respect! I have had nothing but great connections hosting and joining games!

I was just trying to help others trying to connect to link.

Again thank you and all crew for all your hard work.

I honestly thought I was contributing to the scene being that there is a TUT of how to do this... Just a bit more complicated.

All respect! I have had nothing but great connections hosting and joining games!

I was just trying to help others trying to connect to link.

Again thank you and all crew for all your hard work.

I honestly thought I was contributing to the scene being that there is a TUT of how to do this... Just a bit more complicated.

The issue with Wireless is that it's easy to get interference from other peripherals in your household, or even neighbors... hell, even someone just walking between your console and the router may cause interference, with that in mind, it's easy to see why wireless isn't a good option for gaming as there's a relatively large chance of lost packets which means they have to be sent again... which means there's a delay on the communication that results in poor performance

Hi Guys

I am having system link issues with two of my Xbox consoles. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what is going on, as I am out of ideas.

I have an elite Xbox running latest  official dash, and its connected to the network via official MS wireless network adapter.

Second machine is a 60 gig JTAG, and also runs on latest dashboard (17489). Connects to network with Ethernet cable.

I want to system link them for local play only, dont need to go online. When I run the network test in Aurora, everything passes, except unity connection (which I assume its for online play only), which should be fine in my case?

When I host a Left 4 Dead 2 match on the Elite, I can see the lobby from my 60 gig, but when I try to join, it says disconnected session is no longer available.

If I host the match from the 60 gig, I cant see the lobby on the Elite.

If I try and connect the Elite with a cable to a router (instead of using wireless adapter), and host a match, I cannot see the lobby from a 60 gig anymore. Weird, because when hosting with wireless adapter connected, I can see it.

I tried with latest game updates installed and removed on both machines and I get the same result.

I hope I have given enough information

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys

I am having system link issues with two of my Xbox consoles. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what is going on, as I am out of ideas.

I have an elite Xbox running latest  official dash, and its connected to the network via official MS wireless network adapter.

Second machine is a 60 gig JTAG, and also runs on latest dashboard (17489). Connects to network with Ethernet cable.

I want to system link them for local play only, dont need to go online. When I run the network test in Aurora, everything passes, except unity connection (which I assume its for online play only), which should be fine in my case?

When I host a Left 4 Dead 2 match on the Elite, I can see the lobby from my 60 gig, but when I try to join, it says disconnected session is no longer available.

If I host the match from the 60 gig, I cant see the lobby on the Elite.

If I try and connect the Elite with a cable to a router (instead of using wireless adapter), and host a match, I cannot see the lobby from a 60 gig anymore. Weird, because when hosting with wireless adapter connected, I can see it.

I tried with latest game updates installed and removed on both machines and I get the same result.

I hope I have given enough information

Any help greatly appreciated.

According to this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-system-link-play, you cannot mix wired and wireless connections in the same system link play configuration (read the note under method 3). You can see the connection, but you can't join. So you would need to either make them both wireless or both wired for this to work.

According to this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-system-link-play, you cannot mix wired and wireless connections in the same system link play configuration (read the note under method 3). You can see the connection, but you can't join. So you would need to either make them both wireless or both wired for this to work.

That is only true if using a Ad-Hoc network, if using a wireless router it's not an issue to mix wireless and wired...

That is only true if using a Ad-Hoc network, if using a wireless router it's not an issue to mix wireless and wired...

Ahh, OK. That makes sense. Oh well, that's what I get for quoting M$, lmao. Sounds like it comes down to either game/TU/DLC not matching, or maybe just an issue with the router.

Did you try rebooting your router after switching cables/WiFi @gandalfnz?

edit: @Swizzy, I was basing that off of a conversation with felida a while back.

Ahh, OK. That makes sense. Oh well, that's what I get for quoting M$, lmao. Sounds like it comes down to either game/TU/DLC not matching, or maybe just an issue with the router.

Did you try rebooting your router after switching cables/WiFi @gandalfnz?

edit: @Swizzy, I was basing that off of a conversation with felida a while back.

I haven't actually tried using wifi + wired in the same network (when it comes to consoles) but i don't see any technical reason for it to not work when using a router, unless of course the router splits the networks or some stupid shit... (most routers simply combine them and most will just work) however, it's a requirement that you don't have the FSD Plugin loaded in order for it to work locally, beyond having t he same version of the game, the same update, the same DLC etc.