RealModScene
irishdave

Freestyle Dash: Child Lock Settings?

Hi Guys.

I've a young one who adores her xbox 360, particular the Simpsons Game (360 version and the xb orginals + M\Craft). We have all orginal copies but with a Free60 all the games are backed up on her xbox console. No hassle of swapping Disc.

Shes not a fan of the forced Dashboard update (metro), I know I can take it back to NXE but that means her fav game "M/Craft" wont work.

I'm going to get her used to Freestyle Dash (Thats the plan), but the settings button, can that be removed, hidden or even locked.

We all know what kids are like, Don't touch settings, first hing they do, settings... I wouldnt have a problem her playing in the settings only it has one downside.. Fan Control.

The only protection I can think of for her to use FSD is to child lock the "Settings" button.

Any ideas, thanks :)

Any skinner could easily do this for you bu just not including the settings in their skin. I would suggest someone make a skin with no settings other then the ablility to change skins.

Yeah make a skin with no settings. You could also have a devoted FSD folder installed with game paths that only have your approved kiddie games... and another FSD folder installed with game paths for all your games.

Make your adult version of FSD a "secret" boot option in dashlaunch (like holding start) and the kiddie version the default boot option.

Is there any skin programs for F

Yeah make a skin with no settings. You could also have a devoted FSD folder installed with game paths that only have your approved kiddie games... and another FSD folder installed with game paths for all your games.

Make your adult version of FSD a "secret" boot option in dashlaunch (like holding start) and the kiddie version the default boot option.

Have you come across any programs for makign skins for F3, the only one I had is for 2.2 and it crashes when i try them on F3.

Also, i dont need to worry about a secret dash, its her xbox, its only her games on it. you think i'm allowed on it lol, if i wanted to play Free60, i had to get my own.

You need SDK and xzp tool. I'll put together a skin without settings and file manager when I get home this evening

Kids shouldn't touch on xbox's settings .... especially fan control speed...

if fan control speed is your only problem ,you could adjust your temp settings via dashlaunch so fan control speed on FSD is useless ...