RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jmckinley5

cant play dvd with fsd3

when I am running fsd3 with or without my metro skin I am able to play games from disks but cant play dvd from disk(screen flickers and fsd restarts). when I revert back to the stock dash I can play dvds any idea as to why? also I have a collection of movies in wmv format but 1/2 freeze my system when I try to run them the others play fine. im running a RGH slim.

So, what you're saying is that you can't play games with hacked kernel from disks, but you can play them using your retail kernel?

Do you have the nofcrt patch enabled? if so, disable it... will probs solve that problem...

I don't believe I have any patches enabled.

You might also need the patch for it to work properly, so if you don't use it... try it... generally speaking tho, if the retail nand works and hacked don't with the games it's ussually caused by the keyvault beeing replaced (and thus the dvdkey) or because the nofcrt patch is beeing used with a drive that it doesn't work with (1175/1532 liteon)

Now you're confusing...

FSD doesn't even support DVD movies?!?!?!?!

The nofcrt patch doesn't make a difference for Movies, only for Games...

What you could try is to unload the F3 plugin while playing movies, you should probably also check that you don't have any Dashlaunch plugins loaded as some of those can cause funky problems...

are their any addons or software I can add to play DVDs on fsd3 so I don't have to unload it every time?

Not that i know of