RealModScene
MWH

Title Updates Location

Thanks for your answer Swizzy. Now that you talked about releases, a bell rang in my head so I went and re-read the 0.6 update thread and found another user talked about the same issue back in october... probably I read that message back then but completely forgot about it. It's not a big deal, but it makes the TU management a tad harder. I'll patiently wait for 0.6, thanks again!

I keep variable versions of TU's as not everyone is running the same TU when playing system link.  There fore the ability to switch between TU's is very handy!  ie:  Ghost Recon & RDR.  FSD handled this horribly, most times it didn't work and required you to delete the TU and restart.

Yes, it will find any TU's you've got installed, if you tell it to scan for them (it does this on startup if you either told it to scan for them or have it set to autoscan for them) However, if you have the TU's in the "new" location: USB#:\Content\00...0\<TitleID>\...\... it won't find it as Aurora doesn't scan this folder (it wasn't valid before 17349, and we haven't released an update since that kernel was released)

Hello Swizzy,

I have TU  tu00000003_00000000 of Rise of the Tomb Raider manualy put in /53510823/000B0000 folder. I's a 600mb update and it isnt on Unity server.

How can i get Aurora to see and apply the TU? should i rename it and put it in cache folder? Mid is 0A657B25

I'm trying to get the update to work from last year november.

Hello Swizzy,

I have TU tu00000003_00000000 of Rise of the Tomb Raider manualy put in /53510823/000B0000 folder. I's a 600mb update and it isnt on Unity server.

How can i get Aurora to see and apply the TU? should i rename it and put it in cache folder? Mid is 0A657B25

I'm trying to get the update to work from last year november.

Well, that update should be in the new location, do you have a HDD? if so - put it there

Sent from my SM-G903F

Well, I got rgh2 corona v3 (Xbox 360 S with 16Mb NAND and 250Gb HDD) which is not live banned.

I have a few legit titles installed to internal HDD and TUs for them which I got from live. 

I don't write hacked stuff to internal hdd cause from time to time I return retail NAND, and go to live to get stuff. Then I reflash back to rgh2 image.

So when I connect external HDD with Aurora on it - it starts fetching TUs from internal HDD. I see no point in that. Instead it'd be more logical to keep them there and just add location to database.

I was waiting about 20 minutes while it copied all TUs from internal HDD to external one...

It does that, because if they arent in the aurora folder they will get deleted when you launch a game in aurora. this is how the TU manager in aurora works. They will let you apply old TU files, as some mod menus, and other glitches are "fixed/broken" with newer updates. This way you can have multiple updates, and choose which one you want to run when you launch the game. This also saves you from having to download different TU's more than once.

On 27.08.2017 at 5:05 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

It does that, because if they arent in the aurora folder they will get deleted when you launch a game in aurora. this is how the TU manager in aurora works. They will let you apply old TU files, as some mod menus, and other glitches are "fixed/broken" with newer updates. This way you can have multiple updates, and choose which one you want to run when you launch the game. This also saves you from having to download different TU's more than once.

Well, logically it'd be more useful (for space concerns of course) to leave that TU where it belongs and just rename the file. For example tu00000009_00000000 to tu00000009_00000000.27 where 27 is the number of the TU. Or to 27tu00000009_00000000.

That will allow to use any TU number you wish and save space. That way you don't need TU cache folder in Aurora.

If implementing that is hard, I would kindly ask MaesterRowen to make an option in Aurora that will disable TU caching in Aurora folder, leaving management of TUs to the user.

Thanks in advance!

31 minutes ago, lprot said:

Well, logically it'd be more useful (for space concerns of course) to leave that TU where it belongs and just rename the file. For example tu00000009_00000000 to tu00000009_00000000.27 where 27 is the number of the TU. Or to 27tu00000009_00000000.

That will allow to use any TU number you wish and save space. That way you don't need TU cache folder in Aurora.

If implementing that is hard, I would kindly ask MaesterRowen to make an option in Aurora that will disable TU caching in Aurora folder, leaving management of TUs to the user.

Thanks in advance!

Save space?? The same space would be used reguardless .. now the advantage would be in loading speed.. as aurora would not need to copy to the hdd, just rename.. 

1 hour ago, felida said:

Save space?? The same space would be used reguardless .. now the advantage would be in loading speed.. as aurora would not need to copy to the hdd, just rename.. 

Yeah, save space as with the current algo it doubles TU as it keeps it in both Content and Aurora folder. Imagine what it dooes if you got 10Gbytes of TUs in Content folder... 

Moreover if you run Aurora from USB drive with free space left less then it is required for Aurora caching - bump :)

PS: and I got that big number of TU updates in Content folder :)

7 hours ago, lprot said:

Yeah, save space as with the current algo it doubles TU as it keeps it in both Content and Aurora folder. Imagine what it dooes if you got 10Gbytes of TUs in Content folder... 

Moreover if you run Aurora from USB drive with free space left less then it is required for Aurora caching - bump :)

PS: and I got that big number of TU updates in Content folder :)

You can always disable TU scanning, and never use the TU feature.. 

23 minutes ago, felida said:

You can always disable TU scanning, and never use the TU feature.. 

You can't because on the first start Aurora backups all TUs. Here I summarized what to be done to make it fast and not space consuming: 

5 hours ago, lprot said:

You can't because on the first start Aurora backups all TUs. Here I summarized what to be done to make it fast and not space consuming: 

You can always start aurora without hdd in.. like i said, easy ways

22 minutes ago, felida said:

You can always start aurora without hdd in.. like i said, easy ways

Nah, thats the hard way as on 16Mb Corona you need to run Aurora from some hdd :)

1 hour ago, lprot said:

Nah, thats the hard way as on 16Mb Corona you need to run Aurora from some hdd :)

I like to run aurora from a DVD. lol. Or from my network share. lol. Long story short, you should run aurora from an external media source(HDD, Flash Drive) and it doesnt matter which model xbox you are running. I think Felida's point is that you can run it from USB just as easy as a HDD.

5 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I like to run aurora from a DVD. lol. Or from my network share. lol. Long story short, you should run aurora from an external media source(HDD, Flash Drive) and it doesnt matter which model xbox you are running. I think Felida's point is that you can run it from USB just as easy as a HDD.

All those are workarounds.To fix TU handling in Aurora we can go two ways:

1. Add an option for manual handling of TUs by user (most easy IMHO)

2. Rework the algo.

One thing is clear for me - it should not backup TUs on first start wasting time and space...

Then you have to rework how it launches games also, and add a ton of unneeded code, which makes the xex take up more space, and eats up perfectly good hooks, that can be used for better features. You are locked to a limited amount, which is part of the reason why FSD was scrapped, and Aurora was born. I explained why it isnt going to be changed, in your other thread, so get over it, and use it as is, or dont use it at all. the option is up to you. We dont force you to use our software. If you dont like it, than feel free to write your own. Stop creating threads, to post in other threads about the same topics. Long story short, there will be no fixing of TU handling, as it is not broken, and works exactly as it was intended. As a member of team phoenix, I am telling you now, this is not going to change, as there are a ton of other things that are being worked on that are way more important, than appeasing one user, who doesnt want to get a bigger hard drive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Then you have to rework how it launches games also, and add a ton of unneeded code, which makes the xex take up more space, and eats up perfectly good hooks, that can be used for better features. You are locked to a limited amount, which is part of the reason why FSD was scrapped, and Aurora was born. I explained why it isnt going to be changed, in your other thread, so get over it, and use it as is, or dont use it at all. the option is up to you. We dont force you to use our software. If you dont like it, than feel free to write your own. Stop creating threads, to post in other threads about the same topics. Long story short, there will be no fixing of TU handling, as it is not broken, and works exactly as it was intended. As a member of team phoenix, I am telling you now, this is not going to change, as there are a ton of other things that are being worked on that are way more important, than appeasing one user, who doesnt want to get a bigger hard drive.

In fact, now it has alot of unneeded code as before the game lunch it copies TUs from cache to the place it lives from the start. So implementing the algo I suggest will just help to get rid of all that unneeded code (backuping, copying, cleaning etc). 

I was not telling that TU handling is broken I just told that it could be implemented more logically and in optimized way. Forums were created for discussions, right? Anyway I wrote a message to MaesterRowen about that let's see what he thinks about that.

As some one who chats with MaesterRowen fairly often, I would bet money that this wont change, or that he wont see your message until after the release of 0.7b, as he doesnt spend much time on the forum. Dont know if you have noticed, but the last time I remember him posting something on here, other than the Aurora 0.4b release(Mattie did 0.5b and 0.6b), was in the Nova thread, when he wanted to stop some of the speculation on what was going on with Nova, that was in 2015. If you havnt noticed, lately, I am the most active staff member on the forum. Also, you claim it has un-needed code, in how it handles the TU files. If you put them all in the content folder, or cache folder, and rename them, it causes issues with poorly written games trying to load multiple TU's for the same game, which causes fatal crash issues. They did the multiple TU stuff, for trainers, and game glitches that can be exploited, and the only way to do it without causing potential issues, not including having a ton of left over files on the hdd, that cant be erased in NXE, if you decide to switch back to FSD(which handles TU's the same way), is one of the many things they were trying to avoid. If you want to do it your way, look into XexMenu. It doesnt handle trainers, TUs, or any of the other awesome stuff that has been built into Aurora, RXE(never publicly released), or FSD. I dont get what is so hard to understand about this concept. and in my mind, continuing the conversation at this point, when I, a moderator, and a member of Team Phoenix, have told you multiple times, and ways, that this isnt going to happen, is at this point spamming the forum, which can and will lead to a ban on this site if it continues.

3 hours ago, geomarvie said:

how about a title update whit matching media id and dont work when activation ??

When you download the title update You must scan TU Then activate it and it will work

no it dont work i tried everything redownload scan it everything activation replace it from cache to content nothing work

On 10/25/2017 at 3:01 PM, geomarvie said:

no it dont work i tried everything redownload scan it everything activation replace it from cache to content nothing work

It depends on the file name as well.. for some stupid reason, people change the names lol.. super easy fix, use 360 content manager, it will tell you the exact file name, where to upload, and even ftp for you... you should check with that first, as 360 content manager actually reads the stuff from within the tu and stuff..

it says  Hdd1\Cache\ and there it also is i bought the full game and the title update from that game dont appears from xbox live i downloaded it xbox unity and tried a other title update no avail i can activate it and it dont work a friend of mine converted the game whit default.xex and default xexp and works only to get demo version

(geomarvie already know this, but this message is for the other readers)

Joe Danger 2 TU on XboxUnity is faulthy, like many others. Most of the faulthy ones are half-way uploaded, and the game won't recognize them. Even when they're downloaded and activated in Aurora. I tried to upload the correct TU's of some games to Unity, but it won't accept them unfortunately.