RealModScene
MWH

Title Updates Location

hello guys,

the default TU location is in the Cache folder. FSD do not look in the default location of the TUs and instead it downloads and stores the updates in its own database. is Aurora the same as FSD or it actually fetches the TUs from the Cache folder?

thank you,

hello guys,

the default TU location is in the Cache folder. FSD do not look in the default location of the TUs and instead it downloads and stores the updates in its own database. is Aurora the same as FSD or it actually fetches the TUs from the Cache folder?

thank you,

There are 2 default paths...

Hdd1:\Cache\

Hdd1:\Content\0000...00\TitleID\000B0000\

right, so Aurora uses those 2 default paths it doesn't build its own TU database?

right, so Aurora uses those 2 default paths it doesn't build its own TU database?

I have no idea if Aurora uses those paths... those are the Xbox 360 paths... some TU's are stored in the Cache folder, others int the content folder...

thanks Swizzy, and I'm grateful for all you guys' hard and exceptional work.

When Aurora boots up it scans all the possible valid TU locations on your connected devices.  If it finds a TU, it adds it to the database and makes a backup copy in the Aurora\Data\TitleUpdates folder.  

The next time Aurora boots, it does the scan again- it attempts to add it to the database- but it already exists, so it ignores it.

When you download a TU from within Aurora, it downloads directly to the backup cache and makes an entry in the data base using the selected device information you set prior to downloading the TU.

When launching a game, Aurora loops through all of the entries of scanned TUs in the database and finds where they should exist- and deletes them.  Then it copies the "active" TU from the backup cache into the proper place.  That's how a TU becomes activated.

Not sure what you're looking for but hope that helps make the process more clear.

why a backup ? amean its not bad idea but at least i have never have trobles with TUs

and if you have a large list of games thats duplicate the space that TUs occupy (some TUs are larger than 100mbs)

its really necesary

why a backup ? amean its not bad idea but at least i have never have trobles with TUs

and if you have a large list of games thats duplicate the space that TUs occupy (some TUs are larger than 100mbs)

its really necesary

Did you read what he said?

Aurora puts the TU's in it's own storage then deletes them so they're not really duplicated... well, they're duplicated only once, and that's only while they're active (while you are playing your game)

its really necesary

Ultimately, the only TUs that are duplicated are the ones that are active- and the functionality that we are able to provide with our TU Management (ie, deleting, downloading, activating, easy switching, etc) is possible because we have a TU cache on your drive.

So with that, I don't see it changing.  If you are concerned about space- make sure to delete any Installed TUs that you are not using.  If you go from TU#17 to TU#18, after downloading TU#18, just delete TU#17 and that won't be consuming space.

In the future we intend to add a mode where we allow Aurora to take full control of the TUs on your system to allow deeper management-  maybe at that time we will allow users to disable TU management all together if they want to handle it on their own.

But i never desactive the TUs, i didnt see why it seems annoying to activate and desactivate everyt time you want to play

i have about 200 games mostly with dlcs and TUs (always active)

(i dont care to much about the space in my HD) but i dont understant why it have to make a copy and use it

cant just simply use the original?

thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english

But i never desactive the TUs, i didnt see why it seems annoying to activate and desactivate everyt time you want to play

i have about 200 games mostly with dlcs and TUs (always active)

(i dont care to much about the space in my HD) but i dont understant why it have to make a copy and use it

cant just simply use the original?

thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english

MaesterRowen have explained it to you...

Also, if you have to many active TU's in your Cache folder your console may have issues with some software/games (mostly games)

I do not understood very well, when I download a new TU in what part is downloaded ??, in the folder of Aurora or in the cache/Content. Because I downloaded the TU of FIFA 14 but I didn't find it in the content folder of the official dash. I didn't played yet but is activated (The TU). 

I want to have all TUs activated, always, is more easy for my. Then, will I have two TUs per game ?

Sorry for my english. 

You only need the latest TU for each game, and it's downloaded to the Aurora cache or whatever you wanna call it, it only moves to the Cache/Content folder upon being activated (when you start the game)

• Like 1

I was wondering why TUs doesnt work with COD Ghosts. When actived, get "connect to xbox live to download a new update" error in game.

I was wondering why TUs doesnt work with COD Ghosts. When actived, get "connect to xbox live to download a new update" error in game.

They're working just fine, you just don't have the required Compatibility Packs...

• Like 1

You probably have installed extra content and need to install compatibility packs and maybe even season pass.

edit: haha, your good swizzy

• Like 2

Quick question guys I recently upgraded my dash to the latest dash to 17489 and started using aurora. I have noticed that its pretty similar to fsd but with regards to the topic i recently was playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider and got stuck in a glitch when a quest wasn't where it was supposed to be i was told the update should fix it...the thing is Aurora doesn't have any updates for it so i downloaded 1 from a site you have said to get updates from the thing is when i put it in the content folder it doesn't recognize it in its menu. Is there a way to get it to notice it? i think its working regardless because the quest giver turned up the thing is after I do the quest it wont let me receive a reward. Would that be a save game issue and mean i have to start again or would the glitch not be fixed? Its the latest update BTW

Check if MediaID and TitleID match the game. If not it won't recognize it.

Also, if Aurora is not set to scan for title updates on start, you need to select scan now in settings.

Check if MediaID and TitleID match the game. If not it won't recognize it.

Also, if Aurora is not set to scan for title updates on start, you need to select scan now in settings.

Actually, Media ID isn't all that important, it's the Baseversion that matters, MediaID tend to go hand-in-hand with the Baseversion tho

yeah its the correct Media ID and Title ID. In regards to Aurora I think you misunderstood me, Aurora doesn't actually have any updates for the game as yet hence why i had to download 1 from another location. I just put it in the content folder and started a fresh game and seems like the glitch has been fixed pity my save game didn't fix itself after the update.... oh well looks like a fresh start lol. Is there anyway to get Aurora to recognize the downloaded update in the menu?

There's a scan for TU's function which lets you manage the TU's you have, if you don't scan it Aurora will delete your existing TU as for all it knows you don't want any TU's installed (none are enabled)

When Aurora boots up it scans all the possible valid TU locations on your connected devices.  If it finds a TU, it adds it to the database and makes a backup copy in the Aurora\Data\TitleUpdates folder.

Should we expect Aurora to find, recognize and backup TUs which are not in the xboxunity database? There's a TU which is not in the site database (I guess because of its size) so I downloaded it by myself and copied the file to the proper directory (\Content\0000000000000000\title_id\000B0000) overwriting the older TU file. Aurora still says the currently installed TU is the older version. After running the game, the file in the 000B0000 directory is still the new one (it's not overwritten by Aurora with the old TU when I run the game).

I tried uninstalling and deleting the old TU (through the Aurora interface) and copy the new TU file again to \Content\0000000000000000\title_id\000B0000. In this case Aurora says there are no TUs installed, but the TU is actually there and works properly. I tried a TU rescan to no avail.

Regards

Should we expect Aurora to find, recognize and backup TUs which are not in the xboxunity database? There's a TU which is not in the site database (I guess because of its size) so I downloaded it by myself and copied the file to the proper directory (\Content\0000000000000000\title_id\000B0000) overwriting the older TU file. Aurora still says the currently installed TU is the older version. After running the game, the file in the 000B0000 directory is still the new one (it's not overwritten by Aurora with the old TU when I run the game).

I tried uninstalling and deleting the old TU (through the Aurora interface) and copy the new TU file again to \Content\0000000000000000\title_id\000B0000. In this case Aurora says there are no TUs installed, but the TU is actually there and works properly. I tried a TU rescan to no avail.

Regards

Yes, it will find any TU's you've got installed, if you tell it to scan for them (it does this on startup if you either told it to scan for them or have it set to autoscan for them) However, if you have the TU's in the "new" location: USB#:\Content\00...0\<TitleID>\...\... it won't find it as Aurora doesn't scan this folder (it wasn't valid before 17349, and we haven't released an update since that kernel was released)