RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
frederick123

possible PS3 buy? basic info before buying

Hello there,

I am thinking about getting a PS3, however I would like to get some info on it first from people who know their stuff.

So first things first, do I need some hardware mod tools in order to jailbreak (or to hack or whatever is it called), or is it just software hack?

+is it safe to hack it, or should I find someone who would do it for me? (Got JTAG xbox at the moment, I have updated everything myself, but HW hack and XeXmenu were made for me)

Second, what kind of PS3 is best for the JB (I mean firmware version etc.) I have read that a lot of people are using CFW 3.55, but I have no idea what does it really mean, like how many newer versions are there?

And the last, but not least, will I be able to play online, or is it like JTAG/RGH xbox and I will be only able to use system link games?

Thanks

/edit: One more thing, will I be able to play from HDD (external or FTP into PS3 HDD), or do I need to burn the games on the DVD/Blue-ray

I am sorry if I am spamming, but I need this info fast, since I have got good offer, it is fat PS3 made in October 2007, so I guess it is downgradeable for 140€.

once again, thanks for reply