RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Translation Tool

So, i decided last night to make a new tool for Aurora, this is a tool made to make it easier for you guys to translate Aurora, it works in a similar way as the tool i wrote for Dashlaunch translations ages ago, the difference is that it now is designed specifically for aurora and have more features such as filtering, any numeric values (numbers) can be filtered out as they're not supposed to be translated anyways, and if you load a newer original file then you're currently working on it excludes strings that aren't used anymore

On top of all of these features it also can compile the skin so you can test it, that is all done thanks to SpkLeader and his previously released tool (Aurora Translation Helper) similar to that package you will have to include the XDK tools yourself, the difference is that you don't need to copy the files on your own, it should be able to find the files if you simply install the XDK ;)

Here's what the tool looks like:

2qa7jox.png

As of update 5 the interface now looks like this:

ff9v5u.png

Section filter active:

rmvji8.png

And here's the readme:

Aurora Translation Tool
-----------------------

=================
= What is this? =
=================

- This is a tool that will make it easier for you to translate the Aurora dashboard for Xbox 360
- It makes it easier for you to translate Aurora by giving you a nice/easy to use interface which shows you only the parts you need to translate
- It also allows you to compile the translation so that you can test it with Aurora to see that everything looks alright and that your translation is accurate

===================================
= What's needed to use this tool? =
===================================

- You'll need Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later installed on your computer (most computers have this already)
- If you want to compile the skin/translation you'll need to have the XDK installed or you need these 3 files in the bin folder (taken from the XDK):
* xuipkg.exe
* resxloc.exe
* resx2bin.exe
- In order to compile the skin/translation you also need the current skin for Aurora, when you press compile it'll ask you for it, if you press cancel it'll use "Skins\Default.xzp"
- You'll also of course need the translation files (en-US.xml from the aurora translation helper or whatever updated release Phoenix has made since)

===========
= Credits =
===========

- Swizzy - i'm the guy that made this for ya ;)
- Phoenix - These are the guys that made the Aurora Dashboard, without them this tool would never have existed ;)
- SpkLeader - Thanks for making "Aurora Translation Helper" which basically is the whole Compilitation part ;)
- Anyone else i failed to mention above for some reason, thanks!

=============
= Changelog =
=============

v1.0.6 (Update 5)
- Added: You can now save the path for the translation, this means that when you press the button to save the translation it'll automatically overwrite the file and not ask you where to save it...
- Added: With the above i also added so that when you compile it'll automatically use this file by default (if it exists and you've ticked the same box)
- Added: Section Filters, you can now filter out certain sections of the translations, by default it'll filter on "All", meaning all will be displayed... these filters are dynamically generated based on the names...

v1.0.5 (Update 4)
- Fixed encoding issue, i always thought it would be required to use Unicode, but UTF-8 works just as fine also... w00t? anyways, output is now saved in utf-8 directly... not unicode! :D

v1.0.4 (Update 3)
- Fixed: NewLine (\n) are now properly dealt with in all cases
- Added: When you are about to close it'll now check if there's some unsaved changes, if that's the case, it'll ask you if you are sure you want to exit without saving them...

v1.0.3 (Update 2)
- Added: Stats, you can now see how many lines you have loaded, translated and so on :)
- Fixed: Loading will no longer increase the entries (it now checks if it already exists at all times)
- Fixed: The save button is now enabled when you load entries that already contain something...
- Fixed: When doubleclicking the listview it'll no longer ask if you want to keep old data before loading new one when you accidently filled the translation line with something...
- Fixed: The save button is no longer enabled if you type in something in the translation box and there's no translation object loaded...

v1.0.2 (Update 1)
- Added: Hotkey/Keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + A -> This will let you translate ALL entries with the same original text with whatever you currently have in the translation box
- Added: Context Menu (Right click menu) for the Listview, it allows you to set an item as Finished and reset it
- Fixed: Loading a translation object no longer causes the save translation button to be disabled
- Fixed: When you save an item it'll now be set as finished no matter what it contains...
- Fixed: When you save a translation the button will be disabled, there's no changes to save again right now anyways!

v1.0.1 (Hotfix #1)
- Fixed crash while saving due to some strings not beeing translated before saving, my bad!

v1.0
- Initial release

AuroraTranslationTool_Update_4.rar

AuroraTranslationTool_Update_5.rar

Edited by Swizzy
Update 5
  • Like 6

Woops, i apparently missed something with the saving... so, download the hofix or don't save untill you've processed ALL lines, including the numeric ones...

As i was working on my translation to swedish i found a few more bugs and things i wanted to have, so... update 1 here we go! ;D

** Edit: **

Found some more bugs that bugged me, and added a stats feature while i was at it... apparently there's ~ 500 lines to translate :D

On a side note: The numerical values which i rather not see are there to let you control the font size a little bit, use it to adjust the font size when your translation is to big to fit with the default values...

While i was at this release i also deleted the old versions from the first post, they're essentially useless anyways ;)

Edited by Swizzy

Another day, another update... Blasted bugs!

I noticed another issue \n wasn't dealt with properly with the translations... now they are... also, you could previously close the program without saving your changes... losing ALOT of time... it'll now ask you if you're sure you want to do that...

** Edit: **

Yet another bug, Encoding issues <3

Edited by Swizzy

As of update 5 the interface now looks like this:

ff9v5u.png

Section filter active:

rmvji8.png

The latest version can be found here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraTranslationTool/blob/master/AuroraTranslationTool.exe?raw=true

To compile your translation for 0.3b (and later) compatibility you have to use the new version available on the link ^

The code is available on this link: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraTranslationTool/

• Like 1

I would guess you try it out.

You read from right to left and i even wonder how chinese worked, where localisation gets to its limits.

What about the flags? You you think there should be an explicit flag cuz i dont think people from switzerland like clicking on german flag or another example US vs Britain.

Maybe you should combine multilingual countries.

Well it is not that easy.

You read from right to left and i even wonder how chinese worked, where localisation gets to its limits.

What about the flags? You you think there should be an explicit flag cuz i dont think people from switzerland like clicking on german flag or another example US vs Britain.

the thing is Arabic letters are attached to each others, someone before sent me a Skin for FS3 with arabic but we needed to change the font also. i will check and see if it works,

also Arabic language is universal and it is one language for all Arabic speaking people, so one flag will do :)

The case of US vs UK is kinda different tho, they have different styles of their english, the most commonly used one is american english i'd assume, etheir way... there are other localized versions of various languages, so they often use the flag for the origin of the localized version... contained within the latest version of the tool is like 250 flags or something like that (i don't remember the exact count right now, and i put them all in a single file so not very easy to check etheir)

Hi Swizzy

do you think Arabic Language can be imported easily?

If it cannot be imported easily there are ways we can solve this problem in future versions... for instance adding support for a specific font in your particular case? or something like that, all we need is a font that will work and something to test with (a sample translation, or a full translation if you prefer)

If it cannot be imported easily there are ways we can solve this problem in future versions... for instance adding support for a specific font in your particular case? or something like that, all we need is a font that will work and something to test with (a sample translation, or a full translation if you prefer)

i will make sample translation for the main interface and find the font i used before if i did not deleted it,

thanx swizzy

Really great tool. Saves a lot of time and very convenient.

If you are still developing it, I suggest to add a shortcut that saves current translation and jump to the next one. That would definitely save some time :)

Really great tool. Saves a lot of time and very convenient.

If you are still developing it, I suggest to add a shortcut that saves current translation and jump to the next one. That would definitely save some time :)

I am still developing it, i might do that for the next update, not sure tho... i'm thinking of re-writing it in a better way :)

5 hours ago, freebumblebee said:

what is the hot key for save current line?

It's been over a year and I forgot it - -

I reply myself.

Ctrl + S -> Saves the current line
Ctrl + F -> Brings up the search form (basically a custom filter really)
Ctrl + Shift + A -> It'll ask you if you want to set all similar items (same original string) to whatever you have in the translation box right now
Ctrl + Shift + S -> Save current translation
Ctrl + Shift + C -> Trigger compilation
Ctrl + Mousewheel -> Change the text size of the textboxes and listview