RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Poi

FSD Launch.ini help

Okay so I am close to being at wits end with this. I have my Launch.ini set up as shown below. Now I have double checked the paths and they are correct. Yet when I power up using the power button on the front of the console it boots into the regular Xbox 360 dashboard. I can only assume that somewhere in my Launch.ini I have made probably an insanely simple mistake that is just driving me crazy.

Could someone please show me where I went wrong?

[Paths]
BUT_A = 
BUT_B = 
BUT_X = 
BUT_Y = 
Start = 
Back = 
LBump = 
RThumb = 
LThumb = 

Power = Hdd1:\FreeStyle\default.xex

[Plugins]
plugin1 = Hdd1:\xbdm.xex
plugin2 = Hdd1:\XRPC.xex

[settings]
pingpatch = true
contpatch = True
fatalfreeze = true
regionspoof = true
dvdexitdash = true
xblaexitdash = true
nosysexit = false
livestrong = true
remotenxe = true
nohud = false
noupdater = true
exchandler = true
debugout = true

I got Power via the original Launch file which had a little text bar stating something like "If you want this to launch when powering up via the power button on the front Power=". Anyways the results are the same when it is Default instead of Power.

No I was trying to get help from a friend at another site and he added it in something about having it help with Xbox 360 neighborhood. But that is a problem for another millennium. 

• Like 1

one correction that should be made here that may help is.. this is posted in FSD support, and titled "FSD launch.ini" however FSD does not use a .ini file.

the file you refer to belongs to the dashlaunch program, that being said along with your description I would guess that maybe you have not installed the actual dashlaunch program?? if not install it by running the program xex and allowing it to apply the patches to your system when it prompts you to do so ;)

latest dashlaunch available here http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3228-dashlaunch-312/

also I have always used "Default =" myself

Thanks Begallegal I  had tried to install DashLaunch 3.12 but got an error message stating that 16756 is not a supported kernel. Any chance you have skype and could help me out ?

How come nobody noticed the path issues??

For dashlaunch it's hdd:\ not hdd1:\

Also, you need to be running 16747, the official dashlaunch release doesn't support 16756

• Like 1

Thank you Swizzy I went with the literal path. Looking at my Hdd it was listed as Hdd1 so that is what I put into the path. I will fix this and get around to running 16747. Thanks to everyone who provided answers.