RealModScene
remete89

Ports fail to be found when trying testing?

HI guys, not quite sure if this is the place to seek answers for my problem, but here i come: Me and my buddies started to play through Link only a few months ago, and now, as JQE stopped, I am unable to link my console through Aurora - earlier I had it done in FSD, now, It fails to find the open ports, Though nothing has changed in my router options. I was unable to find any solution, so I just had to ask: What am I doing wrong? Or Aurora is just not in the mood yet to let me play?

HI guys, not quite sure if this is the place to seek answers for my problem, but here i come: Me and my buddies started to play through Link only a few months ago, and now, as JQE stopped, I am unable to link my console through Aurora - earlier I had it done in FSD, now, It fails to find the open ports, Though nothing has changed in my router options. I was unable to find any solution, so I just had to ask: What am I doing wrong? Or Aurora is just not in the mood yet to let me play?

The ports should be working fine, most likely what changes is your console's IP adress, did you have it set to static and/or did you reserve the DHCP in your router? if not; that's where your problem is most likely at...

Nope, net's passing throug notebook's internet sharing, previously it had no problem getting used to different ips...DMZ Host I used, I'l dive into the router though as soon as I'll have the time for it. Thanks though, good point there :)

I solved same problem on mine, just by deleting the launch.ini -

Xbox used default values and Aurora worked perfectly.

I then reconfigured the launch.ini and no problem occured.

I hope this solves your problem too.

Thank! It worked :)

I solved same problem on mine, just by deleting the launch.ini -

Xbox used default values and Aurora worked perfectly.

I then reconfigured the launch.ini and no problem occured.

I hope this solves your problem too.

• Like 1

OK, so now I'm quite in deep sh.t now...I have no ideo how, but suddenly my xbox won't boot into neither fsd or Aurora, only into xbox dashboard...Any solutions guys? Asap I mean.. :/

OK, so now I'm quite in deep sh.t now...I have no ideo how, but suddenly my xbox won't boot into neither fsd or Aurora, only into xbox dashboard...Any solutions guys? Asap I mean.. :/

DO you have xex menu on your xbox? if so go into that and launch dashlaunch and resave launch ini, you may not have saved your launch ini which is why it launched into ms dash.

That would be the problem, So now i'm trying to install xex menu - the guys who i bought my rgh from missed that one - it wasn't needed they thought :S Thanks by the way, will post here if succeed :)

That WAS the problem...I Always found dashlaunch a little bit hard to use correctly...Thanks for the advice though, I nearly fell into a great depression for not being able to play a bit b4 my shift starts :)

Back to the beginning...All verification steps succeed, exept for the broadcast and data port. I tried everything which came to my mind - static ip, wired/wireless connection, changed several router settings, nothing :( My question is: could it be a problem, that my data and broadcast port are the ones that were in the tutorials? 3072-3071 By the way, it there really no way to add a plugin/feature that does these things automatically? For the noobs' sake as me :D

Back to the beginning...All verification steps succeed, exept for the broadcast and data port. I tried everything which came to my mind - static ip, wired/wireless connection, changed several router settings, nothing :( My question is: could it be a problem, that my data and broadcast port are the ones that were in the tutorials? 3072-3071 By the way, it there really no way to add a plugin/feature that does these things automatically? For the noobs' sake as me :D

If you've gave your xbox a static IP address, you could add it to your DMZ zone in your router, if your not familiar with opening ports etc. on your router then adding the IP address of the machine to the DMZ zone will open it all up....

Try 1981-1984 for your ports, also have you ticked  "UPNP" in the "PLUGIN" screen in the settings screen? alos  recheck your dashlaunch settings especially network let me know how you go

• Like 1

OK, so sorry for the troubles, actually, the only thing I did not care about was: Aurora is yet to be a "final", therefore some glitches may appear...one of these were that, even if System link worked properly, the testing appeared to fail. So I was able to play system link the whole time, and after the first connect&play through Aurora - no lag, no nothing, superfast supercool experience by the way - It suddenly ran through the tests like a charm... A huge thumbs up for you guys, you really care about others. I had no similar experience for a while now :):thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  You're  :ninja:  :sorcerer: s

• Like 1

hi i need help fast. i got my service provider to enable ports for me. but upnp is still not working. i am able to see and join rooms but i cant see host for me to join to play the games. Is this got to do with upnp or do i have to enable a port on the upnp. Please i need help fast before my service provider bails out on me.

This is the issue am facing.....post-8243-14062394016195_thumb.jpg

I can join rooms but I can't see host for me to join and play...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

This is the issue am facing..... IMG-20140724-WA0015.jpeg

I can join rooms but I can't see host for me to join and play...

You are probably not on the same title update as everyone else... make sure you are using the latest one...

The upnp not found is ok when you have the ports open...

My title updates is fine. TU 18. But no host.

By the way my data port and broadcast port are all 3078. Is this the reason why.

My title updates is fine. TU 18. But no host.

By the way my data port and broadcast port are all 3078. Is this the reason why.

Probably, you need to be using 2 ports, not 1...

OK thanks man....will try it today and give feedback. Thanks for the help man.

OK this is the scenarion.

Am using a repeater, NanoStation 2 to get my internet conbection from my service provider. He has enable 192.168.1.100 for my Xbox and opened port 3078 for me. Everything passes except the upnp but am using one port which is 3078.

So I don't know if that is the reason for me not join host rooms for me to play LiNK. @Swizzy.

OK this is the scenarion.

Am using a repeater, NanoStation 2 to get my internet conbection from my service provider. He has enable 192.168.1.100 for my Xbox and opened port 3078 for me. Everything passes except the upnp but am using one port which is 3078.

So I don't know if that is the reason for me not join host rooms for me to play LiNK. @Swizzy.

Call them again, and ask them to open port 3079 also to your xbox...

The UPNP thing is only so that your console can tell your router to open the ports... without the configuration beeing pre-defined...

Call them again, and ask them to open port 3079 also to your xbox...

The UPNP thing is only so that your console can tell your router to open the ports... without the configuration beeing pre-defined...

I just passed on all ports 3079 and 3078 but I still can't see host. Will DMZ help.??

OK now I can see host rooms but when I hit join it says unable to join game session.

I also found out today that there is a new dashBoard for Xbox from 16747 to 16756. I am still on the 16747 dashboard. Is that the reason for me getting the error "unable to join game session"