RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora Translation Helper

Thnks for your program.

Start with translate to Dutch. Half way now. Just looking a way where i cant find the files for compile 

IRC is Internet Relay Chat, it's where everyone high-tech spend their time speaking to other high-tech ppl :D

I like this answer 😃😀

Hi everyone!

Now that I went through everything in the German Translation in Aurora 0.2b, I would like to offer to make a new German Translation.
Dr. Gonzo did a good job on this, but there are a few things which are a little distracting (no offense given):

A few examples:
- "Delete Game" is translated with "Gelöschte Spiele" which basically means "deleted games" and not "to delete s.th.".
- The subtitle section isn't translated at all
- "Save Games" is translated to "Abgelegte Spiele" which means "discarded Games",
- etc..

So if my help is wanted, just let me know. Are any other German users here? I would like to hear their opinion on it.

Cheers
Nachtgarm

Hi everyone!

Now that I went through everything in the German Translation in Aurora 0.2b, I would like to offer to make a new German Translation.

Dr. Gonzo did a good job on this, but there are a few things which are a little distracting (no offense given):

A few examples:

- "Delete Game" is translated with "Gelöschte Spiele" which basically means "deleted games" and not "to delete s.th.".

- The subtitle section isn't translated at all

- "Save Games" is translated to "Abgelegte Spiele" which means "discarded Games",

- etc..

So if my help is wanted, just let me know. Are any other German users here? I would like to hear their opinion on it.

Cheers

Nachtgarm

If you want to help, feel free, but also keep in mind that we want it to be verified by multipile ppl before we make any changes (especially when we don't know who you are) Dr.Gonzo is a good friend of mine that lives in germany, so he should've done proper translations, but apparently some weren't that good... the Saved Games one i think is slightly because of me, i asked for a shorter version then the "proper" one due to it beeing to long otherwise...

Feel free to list all translations that are wrong, and what it should be instead, if we can get it verified by other germans we'll replace with your versions and add you as co-translator, it'll however not be released as a new update until 0.3 most likely, i might upload a rebuilt skin with the german fixes seperatly tho...

Ok. Got it. I will do a full Translation of which I think (as native German) is "more proper" and hopefully still will fit in the space available and as I've said before, no offense was given when I said " [...] but there are a few things which are a little distracting [...].

I'm thankful for all the work which has been put into making Aurora and its translations and I haven't offered help, just to be named in the next release (which would be cool, of course). Besides that I've asked already, if there are any German users here, who feel the same way I do about the current translation.

Shall I send you a PM with a link to the XML file as soon as I'm done? It's easier for me to do a full translation (faster) instead of searching for all the stuff again.

Cheers
Nachtgarm

P.S.: If you want to know who I am, just have a look here: Google or here Facebook or here Facebook 2. That won't make us friends, but gives you an idea of who I am ;)

Ok. Got it. I will do a full Translation of which I think (as native German) is "more proper" and hopefully still will fit in the space available and as I've said before, no offense was given when I said " [...] but there are a few things which are a little distracting [...].

I'm thankful for all the work which has been put into making Aurora and its translations and I haven't offered help, just to be named in the next release (which would be cool, of course). Besides that I've asked already, if there are any German users here, who feel the same way I do about the current translation.

Shall I send you a PM with a link to the XML file as soon as I'm done? It's easier for me to do a full translation (faster) instead of searching for all the stuff again.

Cheers

Nachtgarm

P.S.: If you want to know who I am, just have a look here: Google or here Facebook or here Facebook 2. That won't make us friends, but gives you an idea of who I am ;)

Yeah, send me your xml when it's done, and i'll compare the 2, and ask a couple of native germans if it's correct, and well, check which is better, i'll also be talking with you of course, it's good to have more then 1 to check translations, but it's not always easy to do these translations with limited space

• Like 1

Cheers

Nachtgarm

Feel Free to talk more specified in our "Fix/ Suggestion" Thread: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4032-german-language-verbesserungsvorschl%C3%A4ge/

• Like 1