RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora Translation Helper

Hello,

I am releasing the Aurora Translation Helper by SpkLeader for use in translating Aurora 0.1a.1.  

Aurora 0.1a.1 Translation Helper by SpkLeader

About:
This batch file was put together in an effort to make the translation process much easier.  To use this file, follow these steps:

Steps:
1)   Copy "xuipkg.exe", "resxloc.exe" and "resx2bin.exe" files from your Xbox 360 SDK into the /Bin folder.
2)   Copy the Aurora 0.1a.1 skin file  "default.xzp" into the /Skins folder.
3)   Rename the 'EN-US.xml' file to one of the supported langauge codes below (ex.  'PT-BR.xml' for 
     Portuguese)
4)   Translate all of the strings in the xml file to the appropriate language
5)   Run 'translate.cmd'
6)   After running translate.cmd, a /Final folder will be created containing the new files.  
7)   Copy all of the /Final folder into your root Aurora directory on your xbox.
8)   Test your translation running in the dash for cut off strings
9)   PM your completed XML to MaesterRowen on www.realmodscene.com to have it reviewed and included in    
     upcoming language updates.

Notes:   
If you have your language complete, you can either share your XML on the forums and/or submit them to Phoenix so that they can be included in as an official release update.  

Phoenix will not accept modifications to Default.xzp (skin) as part of your translation.  Strings must be translated to fit within the space allowed.  Aurora's default skin is designed around a consistent look and changing margins and padding is something that we want to avoid.
As of Aurora 0.1a.1, please refer to the list of supported languages below to see what languages are available for translation.  The ones that have been completed and accepted by Phoenix and are either already included or will be included in next update have been marked.

Supported Languages:

"en-US", // English (included since always)

"ja-JP",   // Japanese

"de-DE", // German (included since 0.1a1)

"fr-FR", // French (included since 0.1a1)

"es-ES", // Spanish (included since 0.1a1)

"it-IT", // Italian (included since 0.1a1)

"ko-KR", // Korean

"zh-CHT", // Traditional Chinese

"pt-BR", // Portuguese (included since 0.1a1)

"pl-PL", // Polish (included since 0.2b)

"ru-RU", // Russian (included since 0.2b)

"sv-SE", // Swedish (included since 0.2b)

"tr-TR", // Turkish (included since 0.1a1)

"nb-NO", // Norwegian

"nl-NL", // Dutch (included since 0.2b)

"zh-CHS" // Simplified Chinese (will be included in 0.3b)

Thanks!

Aurora 0.1a.1 Translation Helper.rar

Edited by Swizzy

Maybe you can add Finnish to supported language, I'm almost done with translation to Finnish. Now I need just wait for support :)

Maybe you can add Finnish to supported language, I'm almost done with translation to Finnish. Now I need just wait for support :)

you need to supply the Locale ID for that, which is probably fi-FI

As far as Aurora 0.1a.1 goes, we only plan to support the languages available through the official dash.  At a later date in a future version, we might come up with a good way to support and change more languages; however, the EN-US.xml file is going to change a lot by then, so translating now won't do you much good.

As far as Aurora 0.1a.1 goes, we only plan to support the languages available through the official dash.  At a later date in a future version, we might come up with a good way to support and change more languages; however, the EN-US.xml file is going to change a lot by then, so translating now won't do you much good.

Okay, thanks for information. I have now completed my translation so I'll just wait for possibly coming support. :)

I corret some text and"bugs" on my italian's translation,i would test it before send again to you but  folder "final\media\locales\it-it\" is empty, no "AuroraLang[iT-IT].xus",why?

EDIT: i'm tring to translate a new EN-US.xml maybe i've canceled some line.

if you had the package before the upadate there is a missing a line to compil it well  ,

<data name="DynamicStrings.IDS_LOCALE_TRANSLATIONBY"><value> </value></data>  you have to add it after line 464 (you can check in the en-en.xml provided here)

I want to help to translate to dutch, but i want to know if Notepad++ is the right program to translate the file in.

I want to help to translate to dutch, but i want to know if Notepad++ is the right program to translate the file in.

You can use it, you can also use the Dashlaunch Translation tool i wrote ages ago... it'll load and save the files in a compatible format ;)

I can translate it to Polish but I have a request, could someone share just the files from the 360 SDK or a link to a working SDK because I searched it and I found an installer but it wad corrupted or something.

Thanks in advance and sorry if that is a stupid request.

I can translate it to Polish but I have a request, could someone share just the files from the 360 SDK or a link to a working SDK because I searched it and I found an installer but it wad corrupted or something.

Thanks in advance and sorry if that is a stupid request.

http://www.xbox360iso.com/xbox360-xdk-20675-t344997.html <--- this thread ussually contains atleast 1 link to a working version...

I saw that thread before and checked the links to setups but any of the links weren't working.

I downloaded something called recovery but I think that's not the thing that I need, am I right?

It's just like a addon or something to the SDK, it asks me the path of SDK to install it there.

Do you have it installed, would be nice if you or some other person could upload just the files needed or mirror a working setup.

Thanks

Yeah, recovery is used to basically reset a XDK unit (console/hardware) you need the XenonSDKSetup_####....exe or whatever it's called...

I do have it installed, but... i'm working on something to make translations easier... i might include all the files required to compile the skin/translation for testing with the release, i'm not sure yet... until then, you can etheir just do the translation manually with notepad, notepad++ or whatever text editor you prefer... you can also ask someone to compile it for you, you only need the xdk to compile the translation for testing, and you're not likely to be needing to make alot of compilations ;) maybe 1-5 at most, unless of coure your language is very tricky to make fit? xD

Yeah, recovery is used to basically reset a XDK unit (console/hardware) you need the XenonSDKSetup_####....exe or whatever it's called...

I do have it installed, but... i'm working on something to make translations easier... i might include all the files required to compile the skin/translation for testing with the release, i'm not sure yet... until then, you can etheir just do the translation manually with notepad, notepad++ or whatever text editor you prefer... you can also ask someone to compile it for you, you only need the xdk to compile the translation for testing, and you're not likely to be needing to make alot of compilations ;) maybe 1-5 at most, unless of coure your language is very tricky to make fit? xD

Yup, it may be hard to fit the worlds but I'll try to do it the way you said.

Wish me luck ;D

I wanted to start to translate Aurora into Russian but idk whehe can i find files from 1st step. Can u help me please?

I wanted to start to translate Aurora into Russian but idk whehe can i find files from 1st step. Can u help me please?

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1159 <--- this file contains everything you need to get started...

To compile it (for testing) you need to etheir send it to someone like me whom have the XDK or if you have the XDK/can get hold of it you just use the compile function =)

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1159 <--- this file contains everything you need to get started...

To compile it (for testing) you need to etheir send it to someone like me whom have the XDK or if you have the XDK/can get hold of it you just use the compile function =)

Ok, SO i can do it w/o XDK or SDK. Of ci wanted to test it by myself but i cant find SDk. i found tons version of XDK but it wont install without SDK :(

Ok, SO i can do it w/o XDK or SDK. Of ci wanted to test it by myself but i cant find SDk. i found tons version of XDK but it wont install without SDK :(

You need Visual Studio 2010 installed to install the XDK... what you've found is probably Recovery, which isn't what you'd want... you want the bigger file (ussually around 1.4 - 1.6GB) but yes, you can use my tool without it to make the translation, to check that it looks ok and perhaps change the font size so that things fit better on screen you'll need to compile it, for that you can ask someone to do it for you or get hold of the XDK... the easier way i suppose is to have someone compile for you...

I'm generally available on IRC, so if you want me to compile for you, just send me a message there and i'll help you out ;)

You need Visual Studio 2010 installed to install the XDK... what you've found is probably Recovery, which isn't what you'd want... you want the bigger file (ussually around 1.4 - 1.6GB) but yes, you can use my tool without it to make the translation, to check that it looks ok and perhaps change the font size so that things fit better on screen you'll need to compile it, for that you can ask someone to do it for you or get hold ou.of the XDK... the easier way i suppose is to have someone compile for you...

I'm generally available on IRC, so if you want me to compile for you, just send me a message there and i'll help you out ;)

Ok I've just translated 150/943 so, when I finish it I'll contact you. Btw, in advance, what's IRC? Thanks a lot 

Ok I've just translated 150/943 so, when I finish it I'll contact you. Btw, in advance, what's IRC? Thanks a lot

IRC is Internet Relay Chat, it's where everyone high-tech spend their time speaking to other high-tech ppl :D

you can always send me a pm here with a link to your xml, and i'll respond with a link to the skin compiled one... i can also adjust the size for you once you've got the translation done ;)

• Like 1