RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
caiquejd

[BUG REPORT] Simultaneous X360 and XBLA Filter Dont work

* I dont know where and how can I do a bug report so i put [bUG REPORT] in title, if Iam wrong please tell me. :)

Hello, I'am testing the Aurora dash replacement (0.1a.1), and find a bug:

When you select both Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade in filter, none games are showed on coverflow.

I had no problems selecting other filters combination other than the cited above.

This is my first post, so please have patience :D

** EDIT: Its not a bug, its a unimplemented function (as MaesterRowen says). The filter dont work with OR logic for now.

That'd be because Xbox 360 is for Disc based games, XBLA isn't Disc based games ;)

* I dont know where and how can I do a bug report so i put [bUG REPORT] in title, if Iam wrong please tell me. :)

Hello, I'am testing the Aurora dash replacement (0.1a.1), and find a bug:

When you select both Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade in filter, none games are showed on coverflow.

I had no problems selecting other filters combination other than the cited above.

This is my first post, so please have patience :D

Filters work on AND logic and not OR logic.        Given a specific game, can it be Xbox 360 Retail AND XBLA?   We defined filters as a means to narrow your results.  We are looking at ways to incorporate OR logic as an option when building filters, but thats for later.

Hope that clears up your issue.

Filters work on AND logic and not OR logic.        Given a specific game, can it be Xbox 360 Retail AND XBLA? 

Would you be able to put an IF statement in your program (the bit that deals with filters) so that IF xbox360 Retail is selected - XBLA is unselected - this way you can't select both at the same time and people won't get an empty dash?

Thanks.

Would you be able to put an IF statement in your program (the bit that deals with filters) so that IF xbox360 Retail is selected - XBLA is unselected - this way you can't select both at the same time and people won't get an empty dash?

Thanks.

The thing about these filters is that they're not hardcoded, if someone modifies the filter functions (in the lua files) they'll not behave the same way, and... it's your job to select the filters you want, it's not our job...

You could add these checks to the lua i suppose, but... it's not going to be a part of Aurora itself... it'll be in the lua scripts if it comes ;)

• Like 1

The thing about these filters is that they're not hardcoded, if someone modifies the filter functions (in the lua files) they'll not behave the same way, and... it's your job to select the filters you want, it's not our job...

You could add these checks to the lua i suppose, but... it's not going to be a part of Aurora itself... it'll be in the lua scripts if it comes ;)

OK thanks, that's good to know. I could probably do this myself if it's just a case of modding the lua scripts. I'll have a look at this later tonight if I get the time. I have a question regarding lua?

Do you know if this dash fully supports all of lua 5.1, can I use all the statements such as if, elseif, then etc. Also could I use functions to call other functions? If so I can make this dash do some good things - such as download files from the net etc.

OK thanks, that's good to know. I could probably do this myself if it's just a case of modding the lua scripts. I'll have a look at this later tonight if I get the time. I have a question regarding lua?

Do you know if this dash fully supports all of lua 5.1, can I use all the statements such as if, elseif, then etc. Also could I use functions to call other functions? If so I can make this dash do some good things - such as download files from the net etc.

it should support most of the "common" features at the very least, if elseif for sure... calling other functions; yes indeed, it does support that (within lua atleast)

For a more accurate response, wait for one of the Phoenix developers to answer ;)

• Like 1

We are using Lua 5.2 as our base, so it should support all of the functionality in that library.   However, I am a little unclear on what you are trying to do-   individual filters are independent of each other as far as Aurora is concerned.  This means that for any particular filter, it can't know if any other filters are active.

The best way to solve your problem is to create a new filter function called  Xbox360AndXBLA and have the function check if the content type is either xbox 360 or xbla and return true if so, other wise false.

Unfortunately, I am too busy to teach everyone lua- so you'll definitely have to do your own research to figure it out, or ask around on the forums if someone else was able to pull it off.

Also please check out this scripting thread for more information:   Scripting How-To

Good luck and enjoy!

Filters work on AND logic and not OR logic.        Given a specific game, can it be Xbox 360 Retail AND XBLA?   We defined filters as a means to narrow your results.  We are looking at ways to incorporate OR logic as an option when building filters, but thats for later.

Hope that clears up your issue.

Now its clear for me, thanks!

We are using Lua 5.2 as our base, so it should support all of the functionality in that library.   However, I am a little unclear on what you are trying to do-   individual filters are independent of each other as far as Aurora is concerned.  This means that for any particular filter, it can't know if any other filters are active.

The best way to solve your problem is to create a new filter function called  Xbox360AndXBLA and have the function check if the content type is either xbox 360 or xbla and return true if so, other wise false.

Unfortunately, I am too busy to teach everyone lua- so you'll definitely have to do your own research to figure it out, or ask around on the forums if someone else was able to pull it off.

Also please check out this scripting thread for more information:   Scripting How-To

Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for guidance...

I've checked the sort script and added a little function to solve an issue (titles starting with space).

So, I've wrote trim's functions to use in a hole project when needed.

I think we need this kind of script as global when we need to include some functions that lua doesn't support natively.

But I don't know the better way to add some feature to current script, maybe a pull request? where?

Anyway, I've wrote "GlobalFunctions.lua" trying to start a global place to put useful functions that can be used by all scripters later.

So, its allowed? can I upload into scripts section?

Thanks for guidance...

I've checked the sort script and added a little function to solve an issue (titles starting with space).

So, I've wrote trim's functions to use in a hole project when needed.

I think we need this kind of script as global when we need to include some functions that lua doesn't support natively.

But I don't know the better way to add some feature to current script, maybe a pull request? where?

Anyway, I've wrote "GlobalFunctions.lua" trying to start a global place to put useful functions that can be used by all scripters later.

So, its allowed? can I upload into scripts section?

Yes, you can upload it