RealModScene
MatteIta

Change colour of text in Aurora - help

I'm modified aurora_skin,i changed colour of text to black into white in some buttons and titles,i saved but colour dind't change and textpresenter lost all the values. Why? can help me?

solved! XD

Care to post your solution for others in your situation?

• Like 1

Care to post your solution for others in your situation?

of course!

i modified colour of text but first time i failed,skin on console didn't present any text:empty buttons.i tried again removing "tv color clampling" on color's menu into aurora_skin and text has changed color on skin.

But keyframe on aurora_skin when i saved become empty. (sorry for english :D)

1zfjwxv.jpg

pretty much you just follow the timeline changing the colour of the text at the different points.

of course!

i modified colour of text but first time i failed,skin on console didn't present any text:empty buttons.i tried again removing "tv color clampling" on color's menu into aurora_skin and text has changed color on skin.

But keyframe on aurora_skin when i saved become empty. (sorry for english :D)

1zfjwxv.jpg

Can you please give us a quick guide on how you managed to get XUI files from XUR files? and if you have a link of a working XuiTool (xdk)?

Because I couldn't find any tutorial or even a simple guide on how to edit Aurora skin.

Because I couldn't find any tutorial or even a simple guide on how to edit Aurora skin.

Editing the Aurora skin is no different then editing the F3 skin... the difference is that you use the Aurora skin rather then the F3 skin :) any tutorial for F3 skinning should also apply just fine to Aurora

Editing the Aurora skin is no different then editing the F3 skin... the difference is that you use the Aurora skin rather then the F3 skin :) any tutorial for F3 skinning should also apply just fine to Aurora

I swear I'm not another lazy ass!!

I did try to use the same tool "Xui Workshop 1.0.0", but it didn't work with Aurora XUR files and always throws a generic error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range

Also I tried hard to download a working copy of XUI Tool (xdk), but from all broken download links I got two links, one came without "XUI Tool.exe"!! and the other one throws error even when opening F3 XUI files:

Xbox UI Tool
---------------------------
The class 'XamScene' was not registered.
Check that the XML extension that defines the class is registered in the Options dialog.

I swear I'm not another lazy ass!!

I did try to use the same tool "Xui Workshop 1.0.0", but it didn't work with Aurora XUR files and always throws a generic error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range

Also I tried hard to download a working copy of XUI Tool (xdk), but from all broken download links I got two links, one came without "XUI Tool.exe"!! and the other one throws error even when opening F3 XUI files:

Xbox UI Tool
---------------------------
The class 'XamScene' was not registered.
Check that the XML extension that defines the class is registered in the Options dialog.

Download the latest XDK from xbox360iso... and make sure you have visual studio 2010 installed, now it should work... if not... there's something wrong somewhere... if you have the f3 xui files it should load them just fine...

Download the latest XDK from xbox360iso... and make sure you have visual studio 2010 installed, now it should work... if not... there's something wrong somewhere... if you have the f3 xui files it should load them just fine...

Thanks a lot for your help.

After a lot of struggling, I found somewhere an empty "skin.xui" file:

<XuiCanvas version="000c"><Properties></Properties></XuiCanvas>

When I open this file at the at the first time opening XUITool, it makes it open successfully and now I can load any other xui file. I just wish if there is an easy way to convert xur to xui files. I used XUITT for that on another machine because I have Office 64-bit on my machine.

Other small question for an XBOX amateur, how to change the text color of XUIbutton? I couldn't find documentation anywhere.  :blushing:

Thanks a lot for your help.

After a lot of struggling, I found somewhere an empty "skin.xui" file:

<XuiCanvas version="000c"><Properties></Properties></XuiCanvas>
When I open this file at the at the first time opening XUITool, it makes it open successfully and now I can load any other xui file. I just wish if there is an easy way to convert xur to xui files. I used XUITT for that on another machine because I have Office 64-bit on my machine.

Other small question for an XBOX amateur, how to change the text color of XUIbutton? I couldn't find documentation anywhere.  :blushing:

The documentation is in the XDK documentation ;)

The documentation is in the XDK documentation ;)

Good answer :)

The XDK I have unfortunately has no documentation files :(

I'm using trying to discover everything on my own. So isn't there a short answer for my question "xuibutton textcolor"?  :unsure:

Good answer :)

The XDK I have unfortunately has no documentation files :(

I'm using trying to discover everything on my own. So isn't there a short answer for my question "xuibutton textcolor"?  :unsure:

My guess(having no experience mind you!) is that it's similar to XAML which would mean you'd do ForeGround="Black"

My guess(having no experience mind you!) is that it's similar to XAML which would mean you'd do ForeGround="Black"

Actually there is a property called "textColor" but it's only available for text objects not "xuiButton" object :(

Also didn't find any similar property, not even ForeGround.

Actually there is a property called "textColor" but it's only available for text objects not "xuiButton" object :(

What options do you have for colors? are you able to make a style template? that's how i do it in XAML (WPF) and from there a button is just a border and a contentpresenter (because it can also present images, but i can replace that with a textblock instead if i want, and thus end up with everything i can do with that)

Xui is a lot like XAML in that every XUI Control is just a "Container" with different base properties.  Each container can be "skinned" using a Visual.  A Visual is a combination of XUI Controls that define the way you want another XUI Control to look.   That is where you set the text color of an Xui Button.

Once you create a Button Visual, you can then set your XUI Button to that visual and it will look like it.   

Since you are indeed an XUI beginner, you are going to need to just play around and experiment.  Once you get the hang of it you'll see its really just a combination of XAML and Flash.

Good luck.

Xui is a lot like XAML in that every XUI Control is just a "Container" with different base properties.  Each container can be "skinned" using a Visual.  A Visual is a combination of XUI Controls that define the way you want another XUI Control to look.   That is where you set the text color of an Xui Button.

Once you create a Button Visual, you can then set your XUI Button to that visual and it will look like it.   

Since you are indeed an XUI beginner, you are going to need to just play around and experiment.  Once you get the hang of it you'll see its really just a combination of XAML and Flash.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the tip. I guess I can take it from here