RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[Aurora] Filetransfer while playing (Background Plugin Extension)

Hi,

im just curious if it is possible to do a filetransfer (mainly FTP or with the HUD FileBrowser) while a game is startet ?

it would help me much :)

And of course there would be limits in datarate as ressources are limited.

Would be great to get an explanation by the devs, as it could help others.

Thanks and Regards

Hi,

im just curious if it is possible to do a filetransfer (mainly FTP or with the HUD FileBrowser) while a game is startet ?

it would help me much :)

And of course there would be limits in datarate as ressources are limited.

Would be great to get an explanation by the devs, as it could help others.

Thanks and Regards

There is FTPDLL for Dashlaunch which runs in the background at all times... it doesn't use the default port (21) and it doesn't offer much flexibility (i don't think it offers any settings at all?) and it's not running at 100% speed, but it runs at all times, even while playing games...

• Like 1

i know that and i never dealt with it really, just already put it and it is not even working (which port btw.?)

also i thought it is just for the Original Dashboard, not ingame ?

Anyway, it would still be good to extend our lovely plug in, which integrates this. (and maybe HUD Filebrowser Transfer possibilities)

i know that and i never dealt with it really, just already put it and it is not even working (which port btw.?)

also i thought it is just for the Original Dashboard, not ingame ?

Anyway, it would still be good to extend our lovely plug in, which integrates this. (and maybe HUD Filebrowser Transfer possibilities)

How about you read the readme before using software??

It's on at ALL times...

• Like 1

WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL - Cannot assign requested address
Antwort:    150 Opening passive mode data connection for listing of "/".
Antwort:    425 Can't open data connection.

WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL - Cannot assign requested address

Antwort:    150 Opening passive mode data connection for listing of "/".

Antwort:    425 Can't open data connection.

Try active?

it is automatically going to passive because active does not work, what still does not solve the problem

well neighborhood works really well now, but still im curious why it does not work

it is automatically going to passive because active does not work, what still does not solve the problem

well neighborhood works really well now, but still im curious why it does not work

Something's probably wonky with your settings, i use filezilla and it works perfectly fine with Passive mode as default...

i always commonly use default settings.

Well it recognize a connection but maybe neighborhood and the xbdm plugin is blocking

i always get "cant not reach address" or "The data connection could not be established: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL - Cannot assign requested address"

• Like 1

i always get "cant not reach address" or "The data connection could not be established: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL - Cannot assign requested address"

Is your firewall allowing the connection? are you using the correct format on your address? 192.168.0.13 for instance, not 192,168,0,13 there's a big difference in those... and of course, don't use letters, it's all numbers and .'s

Is your firewall allowing the connection? are you using the correct format on your address? 192.168.0.13 for instance, not 192,168,0,13 there's a big difference in those... and of course, don't use letters, it's all numbers and .'s

well i just guess that ftp worked anyways via filezilla. its dots i am using in my IP do i use a user and pass?

well i just guess that ftp worked anyways via filezilla. its dots i am using in my IP do i use a user and pass?

Yes, you have to use a username/password, with aurora the default username/password is xboxftp for the ftp server, with the majority of the other ftp servers it's xbox for username/password

Yes, you have to use a username/password, with aurora the default username/password is xboxftp for the ftp server, with the majority of the other ftp servers it's xbox for username/password

either or i still cant access it. says wrong password

• Like 1

now ftp dont work at all with aurora?

uninstall your filezilla installation, and re-install it, now try to connect again, it should work... also, doublecheck in your settings that aurora have the ftp server active...

yeah ive tired all, looks like i shall just use F3 when i want to use ftp as that still works like a charm

EDIT: so i removed FTPDLL and rebooted and ftp works with aurora now.