RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
faucolt

[Aurora] Developers Support - Plugins

There will be possibility to add custom plugins?

Some plugin management on/off/update?

There are plans to support people who want to help you improve your project?

Project will be open? Or closed visual sh1t like FSD where you can only change tons of skins and cover views?

Why askin? For example you bring us later some new plugins like file manager or emulation manager or profile manager which some ppl do not like, let them make own one and put it to your dashboard.

SDK would be great. It would be a step forward on xbox360 scene which is lame now compared to ps3.

Already possible. You will have to code it yourself. (XDK, XUI Workshop for HUD mods) You can add Plugins to Dashlaunch, FSD, F3 and (maybsoon) Aurora

It was already there, if it is not there it could come, and of course with management

I don't think so, you have to be a good coder, trustworthy and maybe have had real life contact.

Project will be open? Or closed visual sh1t like FSD where you can only change tons of skins and cover views?

And that's one of the reasons why it closed.

Why askin? For example you bring us later some new plugins like file manager or emulation manager or profile manager which some ppl do not like, let them make own one and put it to your dashboard.

The Coding is great and if they do something, why would you need your own ones ? If they don't do your wishes, you are an unlucky guy.

SDK would be great. It would be a step forward on xbox360 scene which is lame now compared to ps3.

Get XDK if you want to code your own xex files and Homebrew Stuff. We Don't have an API and i don't think we will get one. Well im an xbox guy, don't see much ps3 modding where im located.

The problem with creating plugin support is the creation of the user interface- other applications (like XBMC, or the PS3 stuff) create their own UI libraries where they can easily give access to plugins that want to create their own user interface within the app. On the Xbox360 and more specifically in Aurora, we use XUI, which is a built in library. To extend that library in a way that is programmable outside of the the app itself is a very large task. Not to mention, Skin files can only be loaded once and if you load a Skin file with a 'Prefix' then you have to make sure there are no name conflicts...etc...etc...etc.

We are looking into a way to do widget add-ons that are loaded in Aurora and are run using LUA. However; don't expect this any time soon (or ever), as its a lot of work.

One thing we do intend on doing is opening up LUA at the boot of Aurora- and giving LUA access to some internal libraries so you can have specific scripts that run at boot- and possibly at a later time. The scripts can do everything from clean up the database, to reorganize content, to download information from external sites and add new titles/descriptions to games... possibilities are endless there.

But... for now, how about we focus on getting skin support so you can have user selectable skins and user selectable backgrounds before we get into the craziness that is plugins.

Skin files can only be loaded once and if you load a Skin file with a 'Prefix' then you have to make sure there are no name conflicts...etc...etc...etc.

Another Reason to ask why you guys released XUI Workshop , if we all use the famous LiNK PlugIn and would never be able to modify nor create a parallel working app, except we are no consumers but Homebrew devs.

One thing we do intend on doing is opening up LUA at the boot of Aurora- and giving LUA access to some internal libraries so you can have specific scripts that run at boot- and possibly at a later time. The scripts can do everything from clean up the database, to reorganize content, to download information from external sites and add new titles/descriptions to games... possibilities are endless there.

Great Idea, already expected it :)

Im just curious why this language. Looks like i have to research and learn it. I expect more objects to access in the next releases.

Another Reason to ask why you guys released XUI Workshop , if we all use the famous LiNK PlugIn and would never be able to modify nor create a parallel working app, except we are no consumers but Homebrew devs.

Im just curious why this language. Looks like i have to research and learn it. I expect more objects to access in the next releases.

LUA was probably chosen because that's basically what it's for, it's primarily used to extend stuff like games, user interfaces etc.

Lua is very, very easy to use and read - even someone like me without much coding experience can use it. I have been using it for a long time to make my own programs at home and have made quite a few that I use regularly. Ok it's not the most powerful language - but the things you can do with it are pretty amazing to be honest.

It's not even compiled like a regular program - it's all scripting - so it's easy to modify and makes testing a breeze. I use it on a program called autoplay media studio, but I know what it can do so I am glad to so it being used in this dashboard, as the possibilities with what it can do are great.