RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora Tips & Tricks from Phoenix #2 - Overscan

If you know how to edit an sqlite database, you can modify the "settings.db" located in the Data\\Database\\ directory located in your Aurora installation folder.

In the SystemSettings table, you will find two (2) entries: 'OverscanHorizontal' and 'OverscanVertical'. Simply type in the value (in number of pixels, ussually in the range 1 - 100 or so) that you want to adjust the overscan, save, and replace the file on your xbox.

Next time you boot- your overscan will be adjusted.

If you don't want to modify your database, you can always adjust it on your tv/monitor as well. Just a tip some of you can use until overscan is implemented fully into Aurora.

So these will be generated in first start. Well now we got primitive and have to adjust all manually, but well maybe it's not necessary anymore, other than that it could be done by integrated sqlite editor.

until overscan is implemented fully into Aurora.

I see. :)

i don't have these lines in my DB

only have ID, Name And Value 

atebu4u4.jpg

Here is not anything you mentioned

Does your computer not come with a prt scrn/print screen button? If you hold alt while you press this button it'll make you a screenshot of the currently active window...

Oky,,how I calculate that values my LCD screen is 32inches so what is my horizontal value and vertical value

atebu4u4.jpg

Here is not anything you mentioned

You are looking at the Data Structure as evident by your screenshot.  Click the Browse Data tab and select the right table.  Then you'll see it.

Does your computer not come with a prt scrn/print screen button? If you hold alt while you press this button it'll make you a screenshot of the currently active window...

I can't upload pic directly via my computer so only I was upload via my tapatalk

Honestly I don't know where is that ADD pic button in desktop view like a tapatalk

ybagysyt.jpg

jyseguny.jpg

My Aurora instalation don't have "Settings.db" to set my overscan.

Whats worng?

aurora\Data\Databases\settings

dear newadmin i am waiting for your reply ,,

I was put value like thisuhezehu6.jpg

But output was like this

jarezyjy.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

I can't upload pic directly via my computer so only I was upload via my tapatalk

Honestly I don't know where is that ADD pic button in desktop view like a tapatalk

ybagysyt.jpg

jyseguny.jpg

Just attatch it, then you can link to it... or you can use a free service like tinypic to upload your pictures...

Try lower values then those... overscan should be adjusted lightly, like 1-10 at most... 1000/1500 is WAY to much! besides that, there is no real "this works for all monitors of this size" it depends ALOT on the make, model and whatnot... just experiment with various values and you should find it, one way would be to use FSD... check it's overscan settings when you found the perfect settings for your tv... and copy them over ;)

• Like 1

thanks for your help, but there is nothing at this address. please help me

13yovo0.jpg

Have you even started Aurora before looking for these files?

• Like 1

Thanks again.

Yes, I started the Aurora, I set all items downloaded covers and synopses in Unity, tested the LINK-up, some ejoguei song after it copied the entire folder to Aurora and the computer does not have this DB. I do not understand why he did not show.

Thanks again.

Yes, I started the Aurora, I set all items downloaded covers and synopses in Unity, tested the LINK-up, some ejoguei song after it copied the entire folder to Aurora and the computer does not have this DB. I do not understand why he did not show.

Swizzy.

I tried again changing the file location to an external hard drive and the file appeared. first attempt in the files pertaining to Aurora were the internal HDD of the Xbox. 

Now it is trying to correct the overscan and enjoy the Aurora. Thanks a lot for the tip.

sxg0h1.jpg

Voila..... Overscan tip works great.

aurora\Data\Databases\settings

dear newadmin i am waiting for your reply ,,

I was put value like this "H=1500 and V=1500"

but output was like this "inverted screen"

I use values like uses on my old settings.db of FSD, as follow:

Horizontal: 79

Vertical: 35

you can see on picture works great. try small values likes Swizzy says, is the way of the sucess. good luck.

Paulo

• Like 1

one way would be to use FSD... check it's overscan settings when you found the perfect settings for your tv... and copy them over //

Thank you swizzy, it works,,[emoji2]

• Like 1

sxg0h1.jpg

Voila..... Overscan tip works great.

I use values like uses on my old settings.db of FSD, as follow:

Horizontal: 79

Vertical: 35

you can see on picture works great. try small values likes Swizzy says, is the way of the sucess. good luck.

Paulo

But your screen size was not perfect fit

If u have 32 inches screen

Try this value v=23 h=40

• Like 2

got it to work, guess you can also change screenshot buttons too so you can use trainers :)

10443188_837315899636009_555988402449947

hi everybody i wanna know , how i can see the dvd unity in the dash aurora ??

That feature was not came yet but if u Press center x button

U can see that DVD option

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

But your screen size was not perfect fit

If u have 32 inches screen

Try this value v=23 h=40

Thanks bro those values work great on my 32" LCD HDTV

• Like 1