RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
nobody

[Aurora] trailers, my opinion

This is my opinion!

For me it's a waste of time to have this option,the person already downloaded the game

hypothetically speaking 
the person to see the trailer and do not like for example 
she will want to delete the game, exact 
but what about the time it took to download the game "too long?"
therefore she could have used the same computer she downloaded the game to see traile on youtube that would take less time wasted
saw in some forum people asking TV online for RGH
But and TV q he is using to use your console does not have channels?
things I think unnecessary
would be good if you had one of these for RGH online youtube

I want to remember it is only my opinion
A great job but want the full version when you exit
Thanks team 

if it can work linking to external video sites it would be a cool feature. People often look at previews and trailers could be additionally great.

BTW. I guess its remained from F2/F3/RxE. Doubt they will implement it tho

While it is just your opinion, it is just your opinion- some people want trailers. This is the reason trailers can be unchecked, and is defaulted to the off position- so people like you don't have to download them.

I don't see any harm in leaving the option.

That's why i like optional Options. And you can leave the option if it will be implemented. If not its showing is not even necessary but work to remove it out :)

While it is just your opinion, it is just your opinion- some people want trailers. This is the reason trailers can be unchecked, and is defaulted to the off position- so people like you don't have to download them.

This Aurora really worries me, I feel its a MASSIVE step backwards from what we have on FSD, while I do like the look of it I feel its just basically FSD stripped of all important highly used features with a new skin.

If basically this is being developed by some if not most of the guys that brought us FSD why not just carry on developing what I and most feel is the best thing we have ever had for a RGH/JTAG.

While using Aurora I just feel like its xexmenu with coverflow, no essential features exc title updates, but isn't it still just using FSD core looking into it seems just as I said FSD stripped and basic. When you click the xbox home button it still says Freestyle Home? If completely built up new from the core wouldn't it not say Aurora again just seems like a naked feature-less FSD

Having everything thrown into one for me is awful I hate having everything mixed up. FSD felt smooth and fast when going through all you games say like holding the LT button flipped through them fast and smooth, Aurora feels slow and looks dark on some of the layouts the default one esspecially, I was able to change a CLayout.xml file on FSD and have 29 I think or more layouts and really miss the ones I had liek the one that flipped the box over as you when through them spinned it

Fsd is amazing its a fully featured Dash everything setup how you would want it. 

Having everything in its own section is what made it so great and FSD was going in the right direction making it better and better everytime and more advanced.

Why make it basic we are all technical and advanced I'd say else you wouldn't have a JTAG/RGH (wouldn't be able to use one) so having something so basic really dissapoints me highly, I was really happy with FSD and the way it was going and now I feel left, well quite sad if this is what we now have and have to look forward to.

I appreciate all that you do I wouldn't be able to do it, but please give us a option gives us a better faster working FSD with new and more features with the option to lets say "DUMB" it down to what Aurora is.

I have so much stuff on my RGH on so many different devices and not having a FILE MANAGER is bad we need that, and loosing things like the weather app on it was nice to have and also when Aurora is loaded it is simply a list of games we need to have sections where we can have our xbox360 games/xbla games/homebrew/emulators and xbox original games and maybe add a faviourte section or a custom section.

I do love the new look but why not just keep all the features of FSD with the new look, I miss not having the temps and HOW MUCH SPACE IS ON EACH OF MY DEVICES ON THE TOP.

I dont kno what to say just if you are the same guys that brought us FSD why not just revamp it keep all the features and give us a option to load direct into coverflow but please please I beg you don't get rid of all the stuff, christ my 8 year old son uses FSD and finds it easier and better to use that Aurora.

Also it doesn't fit on my screen correctly and theres no fan speed support we now have to use other stuff to do all this making it in the end just more annouying and more time consuming yes it may run quicker and better (I personally have been using FSD for years and never had a issue) but in the long run becuase Aurora doesn't have all the features we are used to we have to find other ways and other programs to do these things in turn doesn't make it better or faster or even more reliable.

I kno its in Alpha stage and its great you have put this out here for everyone to try and test couple things that I have noticed for some reason there are lots and lots of covers not downloading but when I run FSD it finds these covers and downloads them now slightly wierd as its getting them from the same place correct? as a example my son wanted me to put Bakugan DOTC on my RGH which i did but Aurora wouldn't download a cover I check unity.net and theres no cover on there but when I ran FSD it found one and downloaded it.

Also seem a lot of these new covers its downloading covers people have made personal ones not official ones which I don't like on FSD all the covers are the official xbox360 ones but 30% or more of the 300+ xbox360/xbla games I have are poorly made covers so to have the option would be nice, also same with all my homebrew and emulators on Aurora they have no covers but on FSD they do also being able to connect to FSD through FTP and the Webgui app is great Im sure you'll bring this to Aurora as well (I hope) also when using the filters seems to be a bug having two selected just makes all the games go and shows 0 games 

I'd just like to say please in no way take any offence to my kind of rant you guys are amazing and what you have done for the modded console community has been amazing and as I have said a few times I love the new look of Aurora I just don't want to have a basic dumbed down version of FSD there's even more features on FSD which I forgot that's not here I just really don't want to basic feature-less dash else I might as well just go back to using xexmenu. FSD will continue to work great for a long time I hope and if this is the way the new dash is going to be then I have to say I will not be using it, what we needed was for a updated fresh new look FSD packed with more features and more advanced stuff please we need these features, While everyone is saying oh cool amazing looks great, I have to say that's how anyone feels when there getting some new stuff for there console but once you use it and realise how basic it is most say they won't be using it unless it has more features

So again no haters I just wanted to say how I felt and again take no offence to what I say I love what you do guys and keep it up, just give use more not less, Thank you :)

the problem is that f3 is too slow with all its features and if you have a huge library of games and some usb, f3 boots on the console VERY Slow, that many people dont use it or exit when is loading and use the integrated browser of f3 plugin... now im using aurora when i boot the console and dont have to go to eat or to the bathrom while is loading... is a great idea to have a simple dash to load games, then if you want to extract dvd, use a browser, see your avatar, weather,  temperatures, see a lot of menus.... they must be optional and dont use the resources to works quick in the main menu, maybe a second and heavy xex to advanced tools and features could be a great idea.

• Like 1

This Aurora really worries me, I feel its a MASSIVE step backwards from what we have on FSD, while I do like the look of it I feel its just basically FSD stripped of all important highly used features with a new skin.

If basically this is being developed by some if not most of the guys that brought us FSD why not just carry on developing what I and most feel is the best thing we have ever had for a RGH/JTAG.

While using Aurora I just feel like its xexmenu with coverflow, no essential features exc title updates, but isn't it still just using FSD core looking into it seems just as I said FSD stripped and basic. When you click the xbox home button it still says Freestyle Home? If completely built up new from the core wouldn't it not say Aurora again just seems like a naked feature-less FSD

Having everything thrown into one for me is awful I hate having everything mixed up. FSD felt smooth and fast when going through all you games say like holding the LT button flipped through them fast and smooth, Aurora feels slow and looks dark on some of the layouts the default one esspecially, I was able to change a CLayout.xml file on FSD and have 29 I think or more layouts and really miss the ones I had liek the one that flipped the box over as you when through them spinned it

Fsd is amazing its a fully featured Dash everything setup how you would want it. 

Having everything in its own section is what made it so great and FSD was going in the right direction making it better and better everytime and more advanced.

Why make it basic we are all technical and advanced I'd say else you wouldn't have a JTAG/RGH (wouldn't be able to use one) so having something so basic really dissapoints me highly, I was really happy with FSD and the way it was going and now I feel left, well quite sad if this is what we now have and have to look forward to.

I appreciate all that you do I wouldn't be able to do it, but please give us a option gives us a better faster working FSD with new and more features with the option to lets say "DUMB" it down to what Aurora is.

I have so much stuff on my RGH on so many different devices and not having a FILE MANAGER is bad we need that, and loosing things like the weather app on it was nice to have and also when Aurora is loaded it is simply a list of games we need to have sections where we can have our xbox360 games/xbla games/homebrew/emulators and xbox original games and maybe add a faviourte section or a custom section.

I do love the new look but why not just keep all the features of FSD with the new look, I miss not having the temps and HOW MUCH SPACE IS ON EACH OF MY DEVICES ON THE TOP.

I dont kno what to say just if you are the same guys that brought us FSD why not just revamp it keep all the features and give us a option to load direct into coverflow but please please I beg you don't get rid of all the stuff, christ my 8 year old son uses FSD and finds it easier and better to use that Aurora.

Also it doesn't fit on my screen correctly and theres no fan speed support we now have to use other stuff to do all this making it in the end just more annouying and more time consuming yes it may run quicker and better (I personally have been using FSD for years and never had a issue) but in the long run becuase Aurora doesn't have all the features we are used to we have to find other ways and other programs to do these things in turn doesn't make it better or faster or even more reliable.

I kno its in Alpha stage and its great you have put this out here for everyone to try and test couple things that I have noticed for some reason there are lots and lots of covers not downloading but when I run FSD it finds these covers and downloads them now slightly wierd as its getting them from the same place correct? as a example my son wanted me to put Bakugan DOTC on my RGH which i did but Aurora wouldn't download a cover I check unity.net and theres no cover on there but when I ran FSD it found one and downloaded it.

Also seem a lot of these new covers its downloading covers people have made personal ones not official ones which I don't like on FSD all the covers are the official xbox360 ones but 30% or more of the 300+ xbox360/xbla games I have are poorly made covers so to have the option would be nice, also same with all my homebrew and emulators on Aurora they have no covers but on FSD they do also being able to connect to FSD through FTP and the Webgui app is great Im sure you'll bring this to Aurora as well (I hope) also when using the filters seems to be a bug having two selected just makes all the games go and shows 0 games 

I'd just like to say please in no way take any offence to my kind of rant you guys are amazing and what you have done for the modded console community has been amazing and as I have said a few times I love the new look of Aurora I just don't want to have a basic dumbed down version of FSD there's even more features on FSD which I forgot that's not here I just really don't want to basic feature-less dash else I might as well just go back to using xexmenu. FSD will continue to work great for a long time I hope and if this is the way the new dash is going to be then I have to say I will not be using it, what we needed was for a updated fresh new look FSD packed with more features and more advanced stuff please we need these features, While everyone is saying oh cool amazing looks great, I have to say that's how anyone feels when there getting some new stuff for there console but once you use it and realise how basic it is most say they won't be using it unless it has more features

So again no haters I just wanted to say how I felt and again take no offence to what I say I love what you do guys and keep it up, just give use more not less, Thank you :)

Two things:

A ) You already posted your life story in a different thread, and we already responded to that.

B ) I really don't have the attention span to read your wall of texts, so if you want to get your point across i would try to do it in fewer words.

wow again? damn yeah, i'm not even reading that

Cool_f96e9f_1490575.jpg

Two things:

A ) You already posted your life story in a different thread, and we already responded to that.

B ) I really don't have the attention span to read your wall of texts, so if you want to get your point across i would try to do it in fewer words.

wow again? damn yeah, i'm not even reading that

shows how much you really care about someone who is passionate about it, and not once did I actually hate on you guys I do nothing but praise what you do but if you feel that's the way to respond well I don't know, last time I'll be saying anything. I shall be sticking with FSD until I get rid of RGH's Christ they only have about 2 more years shelf life anyway so waste of time as it will take all that time to get it 100%

shows how much you really care about someone who is passionate about it, and not once did I actually hate on you guys I do nothing but praise what you do but if you feel that's the way to respond well I don't know, last time I'll be saying anything. I shall be sticking with FSD until I get rid of RGH's Christ they only have about 2 more years shelf life anyway so waste of time as it will take all that time to get it 100%

I was bored at work and took the time to read your entire post, I understand. I just want you to understand that Aurora was created because FSD started to feel extremely bloated and the guys wanted to create a new project with some of the great features we all love from FSD but with a minimalist approach. The entire project was coded from the ground up and the reason why you see 'Freestyle dash' in the HUD and Web UI on port 9999 is because Aurora is compatible with the freestyle dash plugin and that is what we are using.

There will be much more to come and it already has LUA Scripting support so start codeing ;)