RealModScene
Radu287

[Aurora] Some ideas for future versions...

Hey I was just thinking about some features I would really enjoy in future Aurora versions. I'm not a coder so I don't really know if they are possible but from a user standpoint these would be really neat.

- Add an option to have a finite number of entries in the game list (so that they don't loop over and over again). This is an aesthetic preference that I wanted since FSD3 with the coverflow option. 

- Make hardware temperatures visible.

- File explorer with rename / copy / cut / paste options. 

- When deleting a game, you are left with an empty media ID folder (for example 58410A37). It would be nice if Aurora deleted these folders when deleting a game, IF they are empty and don't have any other files inside (besides the game that was deleted). I used to delete the folders manually every time I deleted a game. I like to keep everything as clean and organized as possible. It would be nice to have it done automatically.

- Show free HDD space somewhere in a corner.

-When transferring files between my PC and 360 via FTP, I noticed that Aurora doesn't show any activity like FSD did (FSD showed connection status and transfer speeds). Now it only shows idle in the top-right corner.

- Rename that option when pressing the Guide button to show "Aurora" or something like that instead of "Freestyle home". I think this is related to the freestyle plugin itself.

- Just like user "TEEMO KOG" suggested, please add a simple menu for different categories like "XBOX360 | XBLA | Original XBOX | HOMEBREW" or something similar that you can change with the Left and Right Bumpers. Nothing too fancy.

- (I DOUBT this one is possible but having this feature would be amazing !! ) I noticed that when you press Y to show details for a game, it shows something like "Last played". I was wondering if you can also keep track of total playtime for a game (something like 6 hours and 55 minutes or 6:55). It would also be great if you had a "Clear Playtime" button to reset the timer to 0. I would love this feature because I always keep track of my single player campaign times and having this would make my stopwatch app on my phone useless :D

I am aware that adding too many features would defeat the purpose of having a clean and fast experience but I think that having some of these features would be awesome :)

A sincere Thank you! to everyone involved in this project.

• Like 3

I think these are already planned and will hopefully come in the next versions.

They have to rewrite old code as its from scratch, but these standarts should come as they are "must have". What we could need are complete new features. (Such as reshowing hidden titles, which is possible now)

Hardware temperatures are available in HUD with the Freestyle Plugin- so we currently don't see a point to bog down the streamlined UI with something that can be obtained at a press of a button.

Other than that, there are lots of features we have planned for future releases- this is just the first release. Some will match what you want, some won't.

Thanks for your suggestions!

what! TEEMO KOG requested this way after me! i am the mastermind behind this idea lol

Hardware temperatures are available in HUD with the Freestyle Plugin- so we currently don't see a point to bog down the streamlined UI with something that can be obtained at a press of a button.

Saving ressources i guess :)

Other than that, there are lots of features we have planned for future releases- this is just the first release. Some will match what you want, some won't.

Thanks for your suggestions!

In regards to Aurora's file browser. One thing I liked about FSD's browser was that it had shortcut button functions. You basically held the RB/LB + a face button to do a command. I suggest yall bring this back as oppossed to selecting a command on the left.

Since the LB/RB are already reserved for switching directories. How about holding the thumbsticks in (L3/R3) + face button?

In regards to Aurora's file browser. One thing I liked about FSD's browser was that it had shortcut button functions. You basically held the RB/LB + a face button to do a command. I suggest yall bring this back as oppossed to selecting a command on the left.

Since the LB/RB are already reserved for switching directories. How about holding the thumbsticks in (L3/R3) + face button?

That isn't coming... sorry... if you're too lazy to just go left to the action bar... you can stick to FSD...

• Like 1

That isn't coming... sorry... if you're too lazy to just go left to the action bar... you can stick to FSD...

Lazy? lol Yeah, right. I like to move a lot of files around and minimization of presses helps with that. It's about efficiency and less button mistakes are made.

Sticking to FSD? It sure looks that way. Between the trainers being monopolized by xyzmods; no extraction of dvd's; xexmenu file copy/paste/cut style (at least xexmenu had the y button menu); and ever so confusing game listing style. I'll wait awhile longer before I permanently get rid of FSD.

The thing that attracts me to Aurora though is that it works fast. And it's boot time is close to nothing and I notice it has faster file transfer speeds. Also to note, it has a slick menu design, too.

But as of now, I have to keep FSD around until Auroa becomes somewhat complete.

Lazy? lol Yeah, right. I like to move a lot of files around and minimization of presses helps with that. It's about efficiency and less button mistakes are made.

Sticking to FSD? It sure looks that way. Between the trainers being monopolized by xyzmods; no extraction of dvd's; xexmenu file copy/paste/cut style (at least xexmenu had the y button menu); and ever so confusing game listing style. I'll wait awhile longer before I permanently get rid of FSD.

The thing that attracts me to Aurora though is that it works fast. And it's boot time is close to nothing and I notice it has faster file transfer speeds. Also to note, it has a slick menu design, too.

You can extract DVD's (copy 'n' paste using the filemanager)

What do you mean with confusing game listing style?

You can extract DVD's (copy 'n' paste using the filemanager)

What do you mean with confusing game listing style?

Disregard that point. I worked out the game listing problem I had. But all the other points remain.

i would love to know how it monopolised by us the engine is public eg any one can download it and use it i think you better get your facts right before you say stupid stuff as it just making you look like a child thats spat his dummy

Sent from my shitty iPhone

i would love to know how it monopolised by us the engine is public eg any one can download it and use it i think you better get your facts right before you say stupid stuff as it just making you look like a child thats spat his dummy

What?

Err... I'm going to attempt to reply to best of my ability casue that post was somewhat confusing. If my response doesn't match your statement pls let me know.

You say, "the engine is public." I never mentioned any engine Per se of any sort; what I was refering to was Aurora's trainer feature.

I was merely poking ridicule at the fact that the only trainers that Aurora is hosting thus far, all happen to hail from xyzmods. Hence, being funny by dubbing it a monopoly.

As for the 2nd part of what was said... obviously this was simply a misunderstanding; no need to be distasteful. Besides, it ain't all that serious.

Ok, all of that is out the way. See, this is the primary reason I hate texting sometimes, it can be misinterpreted. All hail social media, ppl. smh

What?

Err... I'm going to attempt to reply to best of my ability casue that post was somewhat confusing. If my response doesn't match your statement pls let me know.

You say, "the engine is public." I never mentioned any engine Per se of any sort; what I was refering to was Aurora's trainer feature.

I was merely poking ridicule at the fact that the only trainers that Aurora is hosting thus far, all happen to hail from xyzmods. Hence, being funny by dubbing it a monopoly.

As for the 2nd part of what was said... obviously this was simply a misunderstanding; no need to be distasteful. Besides, it ain't all that serious.

Ok, all of that is out the way. See, this is the primary reason I hate texting sometimes, it can be misinterpreted. All hail social media, ppl. smh

The support is open to anyone that wants to use it, the engine is required for it to work, we just haven't made any public how-to's... if that's what makes it a monopoly... then idk... ask the xyzmod guys to write these docs instead of updating all of their trainers... or have someone from the other teams contact us for info on what they need...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What?

well the reason you see trainers from xyzmods is because they made the engine that integrates with aurora and have been getting bugs and such fixed before releasing it, now the engine has been released to the public it should just be a matter of time before you see other people and other sites using it how ever i cant grantee that they will as its up to them but the engine is freely available for any one to use, i am sorry i misunderstood you, just it sounded like you were saying we were the only ones able to release trainers for aurora which is just not true i for one hope to see plenty of people using it now its released as that is what it was made for and will mean i don't have to make as many lol, once again sorry for the misunderstanding

well the reason you see trainers from xyzmods is because they made the engine that integrates with aurora and have been getting bugs and such fixed before releasing it, now the engine has been released to the public it should just be a matter of time before you see other people and other sites using it how ever i cant grantee that they will as its up to them but the engine is freely available for any one to use, i am sorry i misunderstood you, just it sounded like you were saying we were the only ones able to release trainers for aurora which is just not true i for one hope to see plenty of people using it now its released as that is what it was made for and will mean i don't have to make as many lol, once again sorry for the misunderstanding

It's all good. It happens. Whether should the other communities get in on the action, I hope so. But I'm going to assume that the engine you speak of won't be compatible with all trainer types; hence the other communities will have to develop their own engine to work with Aurora? I don't know, you tell me.

Whatever does happen, whenever, we stll have our dashlauch shortcut xex launches!

It's all good. It happens. Whether should the other communities get in on the action, I hope so. But I'm going to assume that the engine you speak of won't be compatible with all trainer types; hence the other communities will have to develop their own engine to work with Aurora? I don't know, you tell me.

Whatever does happen, whenever, we stll have our dashlauch shortcut xex launches!

The engine will work with all trainers as they essentially all just modify memory... those that require you to use xrpc etc. etc. are old and redundant with the new system... and, you really don't want to have trainers loaded always by dashlaunch, you want to have them loaded dynamically (you only want it when you start the game it's for) this is where Aurora comes in handy, the requirements for a trainer to be loaded by Aurora is that it have a function to call to unload it when the game is done... that way, you only have trainers loaded for the game you're actually playing instead of having trainers for multiple games running which in the end could cause all kinds of funky problems if not coded 100% correctly...

• Like 1

Just to add to the conversation - I am in the process of documenting the trainer interface within Aurora so other trainer engines can write their own low level integration API with Aurora, if they want.

This type of thing is pretty detailed so its been taking a while to get it completed-