RealModScene
JPizzle

How To setup the FSD/F3 MultiDisc plugin

I've updated successfully to the new beta and want to use FSD's mulitdisc plugin to get rid of multiple game covers in the game menu. I've disabled dashluanch's auto swap by adding autoswap = false to the launch.ini. I have not found a swap.xex or any other file mentioned in this tut. What do I need to do to get rid of the multiple covers?

Ok so now you have everything downloaded and multi disc games auto swap for you YAY! Now having 2 copies of the same game in your games list is starting to bug the shit outta you.... no problem, go to the duplicate game in your games list and go to the options. Select move game and then no section. Now that game is still in your DB but does not show up in the visual list.

next time try actually reading the tutorial :\

Thanks JP. Got it. Sorry for being a noob, but got a little confused between the tut and following the posts.

The tutorial did not work on my system, I get a cover for each disc separately, but when it is time to change disc,

the console reboots in to freestyle 3.

Here is a copy of my launch.ini

[QuickLaunchButtons]

Default = hdd:FreeStyledefault.xex

[settings]

pingpatch = true

nxemini = true

I have a JTAG with an internal 2GB HDD, I do not have a multi.ini or a swap.exe.

I have tried the following file structures

Max Payne 3

Disc 1

Disc 2

Max Payne 3 Disc 1

Max Payne 3 Disc 2

Max Payne 3

Disc 2

Each time it prompts you to change the disc to disc 2, and when you continue, Freestyle 3 reboots.

The Plug in is on...I have run out of ideas and this is frustrating...So to just say follow the tutorial would be

senseless...I did

Hello all,

I didn't want to waste anybody's time, so I tried to do as many things as I could, in as many combinations as possible, before I bothered anybody.  I've spent a good 5-6 hours trying to get multi-disc to work.  I've tried:

• swap.xex dashlaunch plug-in, while making sure to disable the autoswap feature under behaviors.  I created my multi.ini file while following the directions given here.
  • Enabling autoswap in dashlaunch, while making sure to disable swap.xex.

Neither of these methods have worked for me so far.  The strange thing is, launch.ini appears to be completely independent from my dashlaunch (3.04) settings, and doesn't change no matter what.  I've even tried to edit launch.ini manually, for both methods, but it still doesn't work.  I'm fresh out of ideas!

Here's what my system has:

• Jasper RGH
  • FSD 3.0 rev483
  • Dashlaunch 3.04

Thank you for any help!

Try updating to the latest Freestyle dash. In the latest dash you do not need to do anything, it should work automatically. Just remember to delete any instances of swap.exe and DISABLE autoswap in dashlaunch.

Updating to the latest version of everything often helps resolve problems.

Have your game folder and inside your game folder have a separate folder for disk1 and disk2.

Can I ask how you post logs here please? My multidisk is not working and I have followed all the advice on this thread and others. There must be something wrong with my set up though and a log may provide the answers. Thanks.

Ok for all. I have a problem. In the Data base Halo 4 Disc 1 & 2 are not well recognise (ContenItemDiscNum =1 & ContenItemDiscInSet = 1)

I have seen these parameters trough HTTP

How can I change it ?

Thank , rigouli

I am sorry to pull the n00b card, but I am trying to get the disc swap to work with Halo 4 and am experiencing this exact problem.  Any guidence you can share as to my next steps would be greatly appreciated.  So far, I have tried the step belows:

• Used F3's (version 775) File Manager to copy the HDD1:GamesxBox360Halo4Disc 2Content00000000000000004D530919 to HDD1:Content00000000000000004D530919
  • Used XeMenu to delete the HDD1:FreeStyleData folder making sure that the data would reload.
  • Rebooted the xBox
  • Reset the HTTP username and password to what I liked.  :)
  • Logged in and the problem remained.

I see both games in F3 when I look under xBox 360 games.  I must be missing a step, but not sure what else to do.  Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.  Slope

I wish I could disable fsd's disc swapper. It's very simple. It doesn't work.

Swap.xex = swap.xex.bak

Launch.ini = launch.in.bak

autoswap = false

Freestyle dash webUI says:

MultiDisk

TitleID: 0x454109BA
Disc: 1 of 2
Discs:
  • [container] Usb0:GODSBattlefield 4 Disc 1454109BA000070009C39313AE0BE595E6D16
  • [container] Usb0:GODSBattlefield 4 Disc 2454109BA000070002034B2A7EC55F7226E0A

Enter campaign mode. CRASH!

Anybody have an idea what goes wrong?? Oh, and ^^^ Be glad you're seeing both discs.. That's the entire point of this article. That you must be able to see both discs. YOu never read the tutorial or you'd see you can move the game to no section.

[edit]

One of the few games that does seem to work...

Assissins creed 4 disc 1 started -> Multiplayer -> And it works.

MultiDisk

TitleID: 0x555308C2
Disc: 2 of 2
Discs:
  • [container] Usb0:GODSAssassin's Creed IV Disc 1555308C200007000BC07CF4082EDAC002B22
  • [container] Usb0:GODSAssassin's Creed IV Disc 2555308C200007000482594D38F4DC874118D

Wonderful! Still....

Whats strange however is that battlefield 4 disc 2 file is locked after it crashes on me and it can't be run manually (until I power cycle my xbox and then I can start disc 2 and it will work).

But I've been having problems with this plugin from the start. If only I could disable it without disabling everything fsd has to offer with it.

Yes

Do you mean yes it is the same and I also have to download and install FSD 2.0 RC 1.8

or

yes it is the same but I can skip the the first couple steps??

Can I do all the other steps in the fsd menu without having to FTP into the console?

I don't have FTP setup. Instead when I install the games I use a 32GB usb Drive.

Do you mean yes it is the same and I also have to download and install FSD 2.0 RC 1.8 or yes it is the same but I can skip the the first couple steps??

Can I do all the other steps in the fsd menu without having to FTP into the console?

I don't have FTP setup. Instead when I install the games I use a 32GB usb Drive.

The answer is to the question; "Is this the same for fsd 3??" yes, it is the same for fsd 3... (F3)

You should use the latest version of FSD (F3 Rev 775)

You can do all of this without FTP aswell (anything you can do over FTP you can also do with the file manager)

how to set game paths for extracted games?

i extracted middle earth shadow of mordor

both discs are showing in fsd but when swapping message prompts nothing happens

how to set game paths for extracted games?

i extracted middle earth shadow of mordor

both discs are showing in fsd but when swapping message prompts nothing happens

It should be something like this:

Hdd:\Games\Shadow Of Mordor\Disk1\<Disk1 content>

Hdd:\Games\Shadow Of Mordor\Disk2\<Disk2 content>

Im having this issue with Mass Effect 3 when it ask me to swap to disc 1 to disc 2 ( or backwards) it loads and then crash telling me that the disc is unreadable and then to nxe launcher.

I Have them installed like this

Hdd:\Games\Shadow Of Mordor\Disk1\<Disk1 content>
Hdd:\Games\Shadow Of Mordor\Disk2\<Disk2 content>

Do you use the Dashlaunch swapping aswell as the FSD plugin at the same time? do you have anything else swapping discs?

I don't use any swapping plugins, and just checked, Daslaunch swap is off, thats the only game I have installed that have 2 discs.

NVM it just loaded after I manual scaned the install paths, it appears that aurora / Fsd wasnt loading the right path after I installed the game xd

Edited by Nightwinter
  • Like 1