RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.1a by Phoenix - Update: Stability and language release

Fix the bug that link up loads of room but the game does not load the ,I searche about this bug and many people is with this problem.

This problem ever happens in old fsd.

• Like 9

I'm not sure what it is but the end result needs to be English.

Currently the only supported language is english xD

I'm not sure what it is but the end result needs to be English.

What why ?

I already saw several translations coming

When do you guys thing there is a beta or stable version? Not this is not working but stable always better :-)

When do you guys thing there is a beta or stable version? Not this is not working but stable always better :-)

There's never any specific date set for this kind of things, it'll be released when it's ready for public testing...

Before it goes public there are several "internal" or "private" tests done, meaning... the Phoenix developers test it amongs themselves and perhaps send it to a bunch of close friends whom have what is needed to test it out...

Dash is going good. How do I apply a filter to a game. Its only automatic?

Filters you apply manually... the way the filtering works is i think only automatic for now (meaning, how each game is identified in the database, you can make your own custom filters if you understand basic lua)

Hoy!

I think, that I could translate it to czech or slovakian language. I will rewrite the texts if you want to. I really want to help this dash to be in our language here! :)

Let me know in PM, thanks ;)

Hoy!

I think, that I could translate it to czech or slovakian language. I will rewrite the texts if you want to. I really want to help this dash to be in our language here! :)

Let me know in PM, thanks ;)

There is a thread for that with the files you need... check it out ;)

I have a problem in the system Link does not appear in the game servers Please help me.

Have you set up LiNK properly? do you have the latest TU installed? are you in a room for the game you are wanting to play?

If all you've answered all of these questions; sorry, but something's wrong with your connection or someone isn't hosting a game right now... there are no servers, there are just other ppl hosting system link games...

features that would be good? Make use of a (persistent) background downloader. Downloading title update takes minutes to complete? Why not do this in the background and start playing some game. When it's complete auto enable. Same goes for title art and such. Why isn't downloading persistent and in the plugin. Microsoft doesn't seem to think it costs that much overhead as you can download many items from xbox live while playing games. So why would it be too much overhead?

The enabling of TU won't work mid-game, you'd have to restart the game for the change to take effect...

features that would be good? Make use of a (persistent) background downloader. Downloading title update takes minutes to complete? Why not do this in the background and start playing some game. When it's complete auto enable. Same goes for title art and such. Why isn't downloading persistent and in the plugin. Microsoft doesn't seem to think it costs that much overhead as you can download many items from xbox live while playing games. So why would it be too much overhead?

Background downloading is not a bad idea in general- and we already implemented a HttpClient in FSDPlugin - which is how LiNK currnetly works.  But to answer your question- downloading isn't persistent strictly because of resources available.  Yeah, of course Microsoft implements background downloading- but they also have the full amount of kernel/xam space they need to work with it.

Anything we add is strictly OVER AND ABOVE what Microsoft included.  We don't get those resources back because we happen to not be able to use them.   

Downloading TUs and artwork are doable if we download directly to disk; however we dont have the resources to implement a full SQLite library in the plugin; so we won't be able to update our database- that means we need to download to a cache folder and rescan that cache at aurora boot to make sure the database gets updated.  This means we have to interrupt a download because once its alraedy started somewhere, we have to cancel, move and relocate it.

Personally, I can see about 10 other features that would be time better spent on :)  

Thanks for the input for sure- we are always reading and always thinking about your ideas.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your hard work. It's really awesome. It's already much faster and smoother than FSD.

I have a question. What happens if i install it as a deafult dash onto a fsd installed system? It works or i need to wait the beta?

Hi,

First of all thank you for your hard work. It's really awesome. It's already much faster and smoother than FSD.

I have a question. What happens if i install it as a deafult dash onto a fsd installed system? It works or i need to wait the beta?

You should delete the fsd files before installing aurora to that folder, aurora works perfectly fine as a replacement for f3/fsd the thing is that there are alot of features that don't yet work...

• Like 2

You should delete the fsd files before installing aurora to that folder, aurora works perfectly fine as a replacement for f3/fsd the thing is that there are alot of features that don't yet work...

Thank you very much, worked as a charm :)

• Like 3

This happened to me while testing:

When disabling screen capture, the dash freeze

When attempting to scan paths, the dash freeze

When loggin in to unity, the mash freeze

Sometimes, while displaying all games, games in GOD format don't appear

EDIT: this problems were caused by a bad install of AURORA. Everything is working now  :thumbsup:

blackscreen and console freezes , 16756 , wht to do?

go back to 16747 and make sure to enable "xhttp" in the dashlaunch settings