RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.1a by Phoenix (Hotfix #1 - Look Inside)

Some of you might know us from F3, the soon to be number 2 dashboard replacement for Xbox 360.
We are Phoenix, and we bring you Aurora, the new number one dashboard replacement!

With Aurora we went back to the core of what a dashboard should do, which is launch your titles, and look fancy while doing that.
Aurora boots straight into the title list and uses filters and sort instead of predefined tabs.
Written from the ground up it has been optimized to run fast, smooth and stable.

This is the first alpha version we want to share with you, while it contains disabled features and probably some bugs, it has proven to be pretty stable already.

Features:

• Boot straight into coverflow
  • Lua scripts for filters, sort methods and subtitles
  • Support locale files to translate the dashboard and skin
  • Custom coverflow layouts
  • Quick browse game list
  • Game details
  • Manage your game list when your devices aren't connected
  • And of course fully compatible with Freestyle Plugin (LiNK) and the new and improved Unity website

Disabled features in alpha:

• View Previews / achievements / related content

Please post bugs in the support forum.
Or check out #RealModScene on Efnet for support

Current versions:
0.1a r431  Binaries
0.1a r431  Skin
3.0b r801  Freestyle Plugin

UPDATE #1:   

Please use this revised package as there is a bug in the original release that will delete your games under rare conditions when hitting the Refresh button in the Game Options.  (Thanks Gromber)

UPDATE #2:   

A new update has been released for Aurora.   Click here to find out more.

Link:  Aurora 0.1A - Release Package - Hotfix #1.rar

Cheers,

Phoenix

Thank you for this.

I am going to test it out and looking forward for more tests.

It would be great if you would post some opening News about the whole situation and your future. We are shocked, and excited at the same time and need answers.

Greetz

• Like 2

congratulations on your achievement 

Thank you for your attention 

I have a problem when trying to configure the aurora to enter the username and password key api calls me could help me to get the api key 

I translated with google translator text

thump_8982208dsc0021.jpg

Im really impressed how smooth it works.

Im curious if it could be done with clojure too.

Hope to see more, will try out some custom scripts tomorrow.

I was wondering if there will be an update  the future will have the clock and date displays  the beginning and disk size other good thing. thank

• Like 1

We would like to continue to add features to Aurora as we go- however, we also wanted to get a build out there for you all to use; so while its not feature rich yet, we're trying to start some where.

We've been working on this project for months- and happy its finally out there.

We would like to continue to add features to Aurora as we go- however, we also wanted to get a build out there for you all to use; so while its not feature rich yet, we're trying to start some where.

We've been working on this project for months- and happy its finally out there.

it would fucking help a lot if u all in fromed us all about the new link and dash instude of just droping this on us all lol

First off this is a pleasant surprise! I noticed you fixed the Freestyle plugin bug where screenshots buttons stay on even if you uncheck them. Excited to see if games that only worked on FSD735 and not on 775 boot in this version as well. Also need to test if disc swapping works well too. If this project keeps getting attention I can definitely see it overshadowing FSD. Good work!

Is this just the same with FSD? Functionality-wise? Or is it just the look?

How about reading the information??

It says this is an alpha with limited functionality... it's been built from the ground up to be what FSD was original intended to be... a game launching alternative dashboard...

so are xbla games in the same place like real xbox games ..and homebrew also?

i think fsd did a good job there not mixing everthing

i mean booting in straight into coverflow might sound neat at first but i wish you could add an surface where you can choose between | Homebrew| |XBLA| |XBOX| |Kinect| |Emulators| some like that...maybe like on android an app drawer

after all i am really happy you guys doing this ..great job!!!

Thank you!

also newer games like watch dogs seem to have one default.xex and one game.xex which conflicts with TU updates ..maybe you should also keep an eye on that ...

so are xbla games in the same place like real xbox games ..and homebrew also?

i think fsd did a good job there not mixing everthing

i mean booting in straight into coverflow might sound neat at first but i wish you could add an surface where you can choose between | Homebrew| |XBLA| |XBOX| |Kinect| |Emulators| some like that...maybe like on android an app drawer

after all i am really happy you guys doing this ..great job!!!

Thank you!

also newer games like watch dogs seem to have one default.xex and one game.xex which conflicts with TU updates ..maybe you should also keep an eye on that ...

If you watch the video there are filters ;)

Here to be exact

• Like 2

place to increase the fan speed.

use dashlaunch to set your temps & you won't need to adjust your fan speed.

exelent work, but, bring back the file manager and the profile manager

+1 ....also how do you reach thoes filters ...pressing up or down would be nice.

• Like 1

can i set it to load the covers art, icons,info banners....... that i already have installed/use on fsd?

i want to add this as a path when boot xbox and holding A button  (through Dashlaunch) and stay with fsd for normal boot

until full version will be released.

• Like 1

This is just the kind of release i been waiting for :) makes a nice change from f3 , and is very user friendly and clean looking. Absolutely loving it right now ! only thing i do miss from f3 is the overscan setting :( but love the fact that the LiNK plugin is still working within Aurora :) Top job boys , look forward to future updates 

I have 1 problem aurora does not boot. my dash v:747 DL v:3.12.

i tried to boot from te xexmenu but after a screen was black only.

edit:Finally sucess and work