RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cwiggy78

JTag - COD BO 2 Strict Nat

Hi,

First & foremost great site. I log in every day however rarely post.

My problem is I've noticed I have strict Nat on Black Ops 2. I was wondering if this was fixable to 'Open' Nat ?

Background. My console has family settings set to block Xbox live connection in all respects. My dash launch only has fake live enabled. I've not blocked live with any settings in dash launch as I rely on getting screen shots cover art e.t.c through FSD 3. I also have a stock 360 on the same network which when I run Black ops 1 and check Nat type is 'open'. I'm using a sky broadband router in UK

Can anyone give me a steer as to reason why it would be 'strict' on my jtag. I'm quite tech savvy so if its simple case of port forwarding I will give it a try

I'm trying to resolve this as I'm using xbs link and not getting many games in the system link list however can connect when scan reveals a game.

Many thanks in advance

Chris (cwiggy78)

In our testing of LiNK we have come across the same issue but we are able to connect to each other without issue so we have come to the conclusion that it uses the live servers to check NAT and that is why it will ALWAYS say strict on JTAG/RGH consoles.

Like I said though nothing to worry about, Syslink works just fine.

Hi JPizzle,

If that's the answer you are giving me JPizzle then that's good enough for me dude. Thanks for your response. I'll crack on and ignore it. Very excited about the development of LiNK and can't wait to try it out once its available. I think that for my stock 360 it will be the final nail in the coffin & will then be curtains for Xbox Live as i'll just use my JTag for multiplayer :-)

Keep up the great work

Chris (cwiggy78)