RealModScene
Keyser

How to migrate FSD2 to F3

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RvcyLP5qps

Subtitles
MIGRATION_EN.zip

Actually it’s pretty simple and safe as long as you follow this brief instruction:
  • [*]Install F3 in a new folder [*]Execute F3. This will create the databases (content & settings) but do not configure anything [*]Copy your FSD2 and F3 folder to a fat32 formatted USB stick [*]Install GaDaBaMa 2.2.1. Access 2010 Runtime. Access 2010 SP1 Runtime.

Make sure your regional settings in Windows are configured as follows:

Posted Image
Otherwise your .assets files might be faulty.

• [*]Plug your USB stick and wait until it is recognized by Windows [*]Execute GaDaBaMa

If you want to use fullcovers (for 3D view/coverflow):

• [*]Do Step1 – Select FSD Folder [*]Do Step2. [*]Click on JQE360 tab and download only Covers(!) for All Games

If you don’t need fullcovers or the continuation of the above steps:

• [*]Tab DataBase Tools. Migrate FSD2 to F3 [*]
If you’ve downloaded all covers select the option convert jpg to dds. [*]Enable all other features [*]Select the paths of your FSD2 and F3 folders (root folders!) [*]Press Start

Once finished plug your USB stick back to your Xbox. Start F3. You’ll have all artwork, all scanpaths and content as with your FSD2 install. On USB it’ll take just a few minutes (may take longer if you opt for the fullcovers route). Copy your F3 folder to your Xbox HDD. Configure Dashlaunch. That’s it.

• Like 2

Hi,

I just bought a slim xbox with kinect & a 250Gb HDD, jtag/rgh modded(I don't know exactly if rgh or jtag). The model is 12V - 10.83 A 

Unfortunately it cames with an older freestyle dash(I attached a screenshot of the credits page)

What tutorial should I follow, this thread or this one: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-108-update-tutorial/ ?

Ideally I would like to update everything on my console, to bring it up to date so I can run the latest games, but there is so much information about this out there, I really don't know where to start.

I should also mention that I couldn't make it connect to Internet, although on the LAN I can see the console and connect via FTP - I set up everything static ip/port forward or DMZ, I even tried connecting the console directly to internet cable and set the PPOE details, but still it won't work. Can it be due to a poorly made RGH hack, or is there any other setting somewhere, to prevent Internet access? 

I know my way around technical details, so don't be shy on geek talk ;)

Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

you don't want it connecting to the internet, it'll be blocked in "Dashlaunch" and also under security settings or parental, it should be blocked from creating a live account and also connecting to "live" how ever with these settings then you can still use link.JQE360 to play with other people online (as long as the games have system link then you'll be good to go) and download your covers and stuff.

As for updating then there's an awesome automatic updater that will do it all for you, created by the team here, awesome work ;)

Or if you like then you can update the machine the old way. 

have a read of this if you have your nand and CPU key http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-108-update-tutorial/page-12

Once you have updated your xell to 16537 dashboard, then you can run xex menu, this is just so you can get the IP address, then what I do is connect using an FTP program something like "flashfxp" then I copy over the new FSD and also dashlaunch, and then run the xex of dashlaunch and follow the on screen prompts. 

Once you have this all updated then you can install the official system update by renaming the update to $$ystemUpdate and putting it in the machine when it's switched on, after you have updated your xell of course, the official system update will then sort your avatars out. 

Few ways for you to do it mate. 

If you enable "beta" updates in FSD then i think it would then let you know that there's an update out for FSD and download and install. 

So there's three stages to your upgrade. 

xell, FSD and Dashlaunch. 

Give us a shout if you need a hand were all here to help and you'll be up and running with your new dash in no time. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer! 

In the meantime, I got in touch with the person who modded the console and he me sent me an .bin file to update. In also needed a rawflash .elf and it got updated successfully. Then I also needed to get an update from xbox.com/update to fix the kinect device. So, no I have the latest kernel and an updated boot interface(now is blue, before it was black :))

He told me that now I should be able to run the latest games, but I still have the 2.2 dashboard. I think this is the last think I need to update now - is this the right tutorial to follow or is there a simpler way. I must tell you that I don't care about any avatars(these are the player profiles, right?) or saved games, because I just got the console and hadn't played that much on it.

About the internet, I was always checking in the native interface, at System Configuration, and there it only connected to LAN, but in the FSD2 the artwork for all the games downloads correctly - that solves my mystery, how the hell the time was showing correctly in FSD :) Still, FSD doesn't show any updates, even with beta updates checked, guess I have to do it manually.

I don't understand, what is the difference between FSD and Dashlaunch ? Also what is Xell ? 

What should I do next, update FSD then Dashlaunch? 

Sounds like your nearly there then, if he created a update.bin file for you and you have updated your "xell" and have the official update from xbox.com then this will have sorted your avatars and stuff like that. 

xell = to dump the cpu key and dvd key and view the fusesets to build a hacked freeboot image, A Xenon Linux loader, it allows you to glitch the machine and run images etc. 

Dashlaunch, this runs before FSD when you power on the machine and you can change all matter of things in here, like what happens when you switch the machine on, you can make FSD load, there's loads of options in there that you can play with. it stops the machine from connecting to "live", taking updates etc. but will allow cover downloading if you have it set up correctly. 

There's lots of things that you can do in the settings of "dashlaunch" and it's always a good idea to keep it updated. :)

You can set "paths" on booting, or holding down particular buttons etc. all depending on what you want your machine to do. There's also "behavior" "network" "timers" "plugins" for you to play with. just remember that when you change an option to save the "launch.ini" file on the HDD are your settings won't take place when the machine is started. (Launch.ini is a small text file that tells the xbox to do certain stuff) 

FSD speaks for it's self, it's an awesome piece of programming as you know so hats of to the team ;) don't know where we'd be without the guys that made it...

So back to your question, if you have updated your "xell" which by the sounds of it you have and your on 16537 dash then do you know how to FTP into the machine.? it's easy, run FSD or xex menu and then log into the ip address, use something like flashFXP (an FTP program for your PC) log into your machine and you'll see your hard drives etc. 

Then simply download the new FSD and dashlaunch and unzip them if they are zipped and copy them over to the respectful folders and then run xex menu and locate the folders and run the default xex within dashlaunch so for example, copy over the new "dashlaunch" and then run it and follow the onscreen prompts. 

There's also an "autoinstaller" I don't have a disk drive in my machine you see so I've always used FTP. ;)

here for example is my jtag.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Can't wait finalize this, but my gf is watching Dexter and the TV is busy :)

Here is my HDD1, there is no DashLaunch, only FreeStyle. So I just rename the old freestyle folder to something else and a new freestyle folder with the latest freestyle from here http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

I don't have DashLaunch folder? Will it install if I simply unzip it and run it from it's folder? How do I enter in DashLaunch afterwards, will it boot in DashLaunch, or is there a key combination?

Posted Image

it must be there somewhere as you have a default launch.ini ;)

You could just create a new folder and call it dashlaunch, put the new "dashlaunch" in there and then run the xex by using xex menu or it might be picked up in your FSD all depends on what scan paths you have etc. but yes it will then prompt you to do what ever is needed, the launch.ini that you see runs on system start up you see which is created by you when you run "dashlaunch/installer" ;) remember when your in dashlaunch to save your ini file after changing your settings etc. 

couple of words of warning though....

*** Before updating F3 make sure you go back to the default skin or F3 will freeze after it updates ***  *** Delete all custom skins ***

You could download the Installer.iso, burn it and then run it..... or follow the video and do it that way... or copy/ftp it across.

Before you update FSD have you got many game images etc. it might be worth backing them up if so as shown in the video...

I installed Freestyle 3, I modified the existing ini file to point to the new f3 folder instead of the old freestyle folder and it seems to work fine. Haven't installed DashLaunch yet.

I have one small problem though, when I click the FreeStyle Home button, it tooks a very long time( ~ 30 sec) at the Freestyle splash screen(when it says loading skin), is this normal? Before, when I had FSD 2.2 it took about 3 sec to load the FSD home.

Sounds like your getting there, has your mrs just allowed you to play with the TV (lololol) 

There was a post about slow boot times have a read here http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2397-slow-boot-with-usb-hdd-attached/

Not sure if it's related but you could try and disable scan on boot in FSD settings, it might help as it's not scanning for new games when you start it up..

Go on get, dashlaunch installed ! you know you wanna! 

I  tried disabling the scanning on start, but it keeps taking a long time to start Freestyle 3. I don't understand why, because it was not even close to 30 seconds on FSD 2, it was almost instant changing. I also tried resetting the skin, but no effect.

Does the gamesaves also move?

Gamesaves are stored in device:\Content\E.....\TitleID\

i doubt this change anything about that :p