RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SuRbO

LiNK greyed out

Hiya, LiNK has been working great for me so far, today I ran into an issue where it gets greyed out with my copy of Dead Island Riptide (J).

am i right in assuming  fsd/link uses the "title id" to determine whether the game is supported or has system link capabilities? 

Hiya, LiNK has been working great for me so far, today I ran into an issue where it gets greyed out with my copy of Dead Island Riptide (J).

am i right in assuming  fsd/link uses the "title id" to determine whether the game is supported or has system link capabilities?

Yes, the TitleID is how it knows what games are supported (they're on the server) what's the TitleID of your version of the game?

Yes, the TitleID is how it knows what games are supported (they're on the server) what's the TitleID of your version of the game?

Hi Swizzy,  the TID for my copy is 574607D5

Could you try again, I added a sub room with your titleid, see if that works (would mean you cna only play with others that have the same titleid)

Thanks Mattie, I'll try it out.

@callumlorax is you version the same title id?   and no i don't convert to God.  i just extracted the .iso using image browser. and put it into my games directory.

edit: strange its still grayed out.   callumlorax its probalby best if we just try to find another copy since we'll only be able to play with those that have the same tid.. unless there is a tool that can change the tid and work, hex edit the xex or something.   lesson learned no more buying used games from a different region =P

Hey @Mattie. whats the tid for the original server room?

Thanks Mattie, I'll try it out.

@callumlorax is you version the same title id?   and no i don't convert to God.  i just extracted the .iso using image browser. and put it into my games directory.

edit: strange its still grayed out.   callumlorax its probalby best if we just try to find another copy since we'll only be able to play with those that have the same tid.. unless there is a tool that can change the tid and work, hex edit the xex or something.   lesson learned no more buying used games from a different region =P

Hey @Mattie. whats the tid for the original server room?

XEXTool can be used to change the TID/MID of the xex, or you can find the game on the interwebs ;)

• Like 1

XEXTool can be used to change the TID/MID of the xex, or you can find the game on the interwebs ;)

This could mess up title updates though.... The ID we use is 4B4D07F2

It was a long shot adding the sub room with the JP titleid, i was pretty sure only lobbies were checked by link.

I will talk to JQE about either including sub room title id's, or jsut create a new lobby for riptide JP

This could mess up title updates though.... The ID we use is 4B4D07F2

It was a long shot adding the sub room with the JP titleid, i was pretty sure only lobbies were checked by link.

I will talk to JQE about either including sub room title id's, or jsut create a new lobby for riptide JP

As long as the TitleID and MediaID are a matching "pair" it should be ok tho right?

As long as the TitleID and MediaID are a matching "pair" it should be ok tho right?

You would find a title update, but it would not be the TU belonging to this version of the game, which could give unexpected results

to bad such differences in MID and TID are existing

nonsense or you may explain why they did that

There will always be different versions of games (languages, censorship, editions).

Updates for these different versions are different as well, so that is why other ID's determine what TU to use.