RealModScene
JPizzle

How to play Xbox1 (Classic Xbox) games on your JTAG/RGH

Yep I saw that the other day too. Going to dig into it see what happens and will report back. The thing is I only need TWO original Xbox games that don't work to work because every other original Xbox game I want to work already works, so my tests will be limited to those two games. 

I don't know how to uncompress an xex and don't know why you'd use an xex when original Xbox uses xbe, so maybe someone can fill me in. 

Below are some popular games, exclusive to the original Xbox but not compatible with X360:

Bruce Lee Quest of The Dragon
Hunter The Reckoning Redeemer
Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus
Bloody Roar Extreme
blood wake
Carve
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Unreal Championship

5 hours ago, faiznaaman said:

Below are some popular games, exclusive to the original Xbox but not compatible with X360:

Bruce Lee Quest of The Dragon
Hunter The Reckoning Redeemer
Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus
Bloody Roar Extreme
blood wake
Carve
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Unreal Championship

I have Unreal Championship on my RGH it works. Bloody Roar Extreme works but runs slow. 

There's a lot of Xbox games that don't work on 360, hundreds of them. 

On 1/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, soulfunkdjx said:

Maybe bad images? Have you done the steps of that thread's first page? I'll try tomorrow Max Payne and tell you as i am not home today.

Max Payne works perfectly in US version and in EUR version on HDD and game disc for me. 

by the way on 2007 hacked emulator...

I found this:

Code:
Emulator   Emu Hex

xefu       8200067C
xefu1.1    8200062C
xefu2      82000640
xefu3      82000668
xefu5      82000688
xefu6      82000654
xefu7      820006B0
xefu7b     8200069C

This means we should be able to edit the default.exe file in each game folder and force the game to launch to one of these newer eight different emulators from the 2018 HDDX fix.

changing the title ID alone is insufficient to get past black screen for POPWW game.

I’m trying to get past the black screen after the Xbox/Ubisoft logo launches for Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

i read in another forum someone edited the Xbox.exe file in their HDDX /Compatability folder and said the location bytes for the emulator appear directly after the 4 bytes from Title ID

this does NOT seem correct.  I checked both title I’d and Xbox.exe (compatibility  folder) with a hex editor and I do not see any of the 4 bytes shown above for any of emulation values: 82000688 for example.

1) can we edit emulation 4 byte default.exe values to force original Xbox game to launch with one of the other newer 8 emulator files in Compatibility folder and simultaneously change to another title  ID from Halo 2 (0045E654–54E64500) that supports wide screen?

2) also ripped original POPWW game using FSD’s v2.2 DVD game extractor and stored it into contents folder HDD1.

is that ok or should I have extracted the game into a singular .iso and converted it into a GOD folder using iso2GOD utility?

what’s the best .iso extractor these days for original Xbox games?  

and yes POPWW is listed as playable with no issues:

https://www.reddit.com/r/360hacks/wiki/original_xbox/list

On 1/10/2021 at 7:03 AM, keyser.soze said:

Hello and thanks for this tutorial.

Does anyone know how to manage multidisc classic games? 

I don't remember the original Xbox having any multidisc games. 

On 2/26/2021 at 9:08 PM, NoSoul said:

I don't remember the original Xbox having any multidisc games. 

There are some... i have Dungeons and Dragons which is a mutidisc game, but i don't know how to switch from disc to disc and starting the game from disc 2 obviously doesn't work 😪

I really enjoy the fact that you can make the games widescreen but the problem is most games require Halo 2 and what happens is since it uses the same title id every game that you use with the same title id has the same saves and they show corrupted when loading a different game and eventually it becomes messy with the saves. I had some luck with Half Life 2 also, but most other ones I try don't work. 

Edit:

This will only apply to those with a gaming pc but xbox emulation is getting somewhat better. The two games I wanted FOREVER to work on my rgh at least work on xemu Tao Feng Fist of the Lotus and ToeJam & Earl III. I also play Jet Set Radio Future on PC because it's not fullscreen on 360 and it seems to bug out when I try to change title ids on it. Here is the xemu compatibility list maybe 30% compatibility but they're working on it all the time I think.

https://xemu.app/

Would there be any hex edit I could do to change resolution of a game? I have all the main Tony Hawks on my 360 both Xbox and Xbox 360, but Tony Hawk 3 requires 480p to work. It's just a pain in the ass to leave Aurora go to main Xbox 360 settings and change the settings each time I want to play it. So I was hoping it could be made to work in other resolutions. Maybe title id swap or something else.

Hi,

I'm glad if someone helps me I really want to fix this problem. I have a new Samsung 4K TV.

I play at 480p resolution in old xbox games and I have a specific problem with the spider-man 2 game.

When a video from the game arrives, there is no synchronization between the voice and the image,
I mean comes the voice first and then the picture, I use a standard hdmi cable
And I do not understand how to fix this problem, I play at 480p, if I change to 720p or 1080i the game will work laggy and slow, maybe someone can help me?
Maybe anyone can fix the problem with hex editor in default.xbe.

I uploaded the photo and video for you to see the issue

I tried running the game at the same resolution on another 1080p TV but it also did not help..

In the video of AnonymousAffection
You see at 2:40 that there is synchronization between the voice and the image, and it is playing on the Xbox 360 console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDHfq_UhUxw

20210615_145303.thumb.jpg.358952caf10bce0a6d6bb8efacc40f58.jpg

GUIDE TO PLAY MECHASSAULT WITH MODDED DLC, GRINDER ENHANCED & EXPANDED MULTIPLAYER MOD FROM ELITE HEROES ON A PAL RGH XBOX 360 :

1) Get yourself a copy of "legitimate" MechAssault game in extracted (folder) form. Put the game folder anywhere (internal HDD, external USB HDD or a thumb drive)

2) Before scanning via Aurora/ Freestyle dash, make sure you hex edit the xbox.xex file found in compatibility folder located in the HDDX partition. Use Xextool program to decrypt the file first (instruction and download link: https://digiex.net/threads/xextool-6-3-download.9523/)

3) Use Hex Editor program to open the decrypted xbox.xex file. Use search function to find Halo CE title ID which is 4D530004 and change it to MechAssault title ID which is 4D530017. 

4) Then click save. Encrypt the file using the xextool program and copy back to where it belong in the RGH. This will make MechAssault to register using Halo CE's emulator file which is xefu.xex so that the game can be played on RGH without the need to do the swap ID (default.xbe) method.

5) Repeat the same process with the xefu.xex file but this time search for 48104E9954, change first 4 bytes to 386000FF in order to set the calls for xgetGameRegion to always NTSC (region 1 for original Xbox). 

6) OPTIONAL: You can also change your console region via xeBuildGUI_V3.4 or J-Runner program by re-flashing your nand dump which is risky but safe if you know what your are doing (CPU KEY is required, get it from dashlaunch program). This is for a better compatibility in order for the modded MechAssault DLC to work.

7) Follow instruction on how to mod the MechAssault game folder at https://discord.com/channels/435858243798040577/790857501792665670 (install the Base Mod first then Grinder Enhanced and lastly the Expanded Multiplayer mod. Just copy paste and replace the files inside the game folder.)

😎 Make sure to install the modded DLC files (read instruction in Grinder Enhanced folder) in an empty $c folder located at HDD1 > Compatibility > Xbox1 > TDATA > 4D530017 folder.

PLAY THE GAME!!!!

By Faiz Na'aman (A Malaysian)

Hello, guys. Is there any chance to make Ninja Gaiden Black in god form to play on freebooted X360? ISO2GOD don't wanna make it(
Or may be there is another way in other form? I want to play it from HDD not disk. Big thanks in advance