RealModScene
JPizzle

How to play Xbox1 (Classic Xbox) games on your JTAG/RGH

On 5/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, NoSoul said:

Just tried ToeJam again with Blinx (made sure it was backwards compatible) 4D530013 put in 310035D4 and same thing black screen. I'll try a few more but don't have much hope. 

Edit: just realized I was doing it wrong you said two letters backwards I missed that part. Will try again. 

Edit #2: still didn't work either game. Pretty sure I did it right this time. 

And people do not understand.. Just because a certain game works, doesnt mean it will make other games function.. Lmao.. 

11 hours ago, soulfunkdjx said:

Yeah true. Maybe a modded Xbox classic is the best solution...

Looks like it.. For that one game.. Some lf the more popular titles run on xb1.. But most wont ever due to licenses and stuff..

12 hours ago, felida said:

And people do not understand.. Just because a certain game works, doesnt mean it will make other games function.. Lmao.. 

I didn't say it would. I was just trying it, but I was doing it wrong at first but it still didn't work when I did it correctly. I don't see what's wrong with trying? I never once said this would work and don't understand laughing for someone simply trying something when someone gave a viable option that it possibly could have worked. Do you not ever try anything in life?

1 hour ago, NoSoul said:

I didn't say it would. I was just trying it, but I was doing it wrong at first but it still didn't work when I did it correctly. I don't see what's wrong with trying? I never once said this would work and don't understand laughing for someone simply trying something when someone gave a viable option that it possibly could have worked. Do you not ever try anything in life?

Wasnt laughing at you trying or your results.. But ok

Nope. Microsoft doesnt support the xbox classic emulator for xbox 360 anymore. You cant do anything by yourself to get a better compatibility of Xbox classic Games.

2 hours ago, Dr.Gonzo said:

Nope. Microsoft doesnt support the xbox classic emulator for xbox 360 anymore. You cant do anything by yourself to get a better compatibility of Xbox classic Games.

Actually.. They DID provide an update on retail consoles mate this year...

Now.. What it does or fixes is anyones guess.. 

It shall improve the Emulator performance/stability (rumor) but not the Game compatibility. I`m not sure on which site i had read the info.

Hi. I did what is explained step by step. I can play Xbox1 games now. But ı have a problem. Other My Xbox 360 games has lag anymore. When ı play GTA 5 or Thief, FPS is lower I guess. Is this normal or am i becoming paranoid?

Sorry for my bad english.

6 hours ago, saMu17 said:

Hi. I did what is explained step by step. I can play Xbox1 games now. But ı have a problem. Other My Xbox 360 games has lag anymore. When ı play GTA 5 or Thief, FPS is lower I guess. Is this normal or am i becoming paranoid?

Sorry for my bad english.

Several games have fps drops.. That is normal.. Has nothing to do with the backwards compat files..

So if I have a 360 on the latest version of the dash and running Aurora, is there a way that I can just get an XBOX original ISO on my system and start playing?

3 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

So if I have a 360 on the latest version of the dash and running Aurora, is there a way that I can just get an XBOX original ISO on my system and start playing?

You need the backwards comp files installed.. But you can use iso2god and play that way mate.. Not all games work though

On 5/19/2019 at 4:12 AM, NoSoul said:

Both was Halo 1 because I was still downloading Tao Feng and I did the title id swap with ToeJam and tried it and it black screened so I deleted it then tried it with Tao Feng and it reboots to Xbox 360. Same things they did before I swapped the title id. I put it in backwards though like your tutorial said on line 180 on the hex editor didn't help. Should I try another game for them? If you get it working let me know ToeJam is the one I want to work more I'm only keeping my original Xbox for these two games but I've got no space on my tv to leave it hooked up. 

Sure, I'll try ToeJam out for myself.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:02 AM, felida said:

Actually.. They DID provide an update on retail consoles mate this year...

Now.. What it does or fixes is anyones guess.. 

no idea when this released

mathieulth just released the 2018 backwards compatibility update, I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it but just google his name and you'll find it. 

The one felida posted was a title update this one updates your Xbox1 files on hdd1. 

Hey guys, I'm using FSD 3.0b Rev775 with kernel version of 2.0.16547.0.

I found out I've got Xbox Classics directory in my FSD so I decided to give it a try and unpack my favourite Shrek Super Party (I downloaded it in zip format and after extraction its just a directory tree, not iso).

Looks like the game is being recognized by Xbox 360 (see screenshot).

But when I try to run it I'm getting to loading and then there's a green glitch and 360 restarts: 

https://media.giphy.com/media/KZBUte7hPg3yrw4kIZ/giphy.gif

Any idea what might be wrong? 

x360.jpg

On 9/30/2018 at 2:02 AM, nanohuman said:

I found no reports about original Flatout 2 on Xbox 360, but you should know: it works FLAWLESSLY on hacked emulator. 

P.S. Never liked music in ultimate carnage.

I get a black screen. I can play flatout 1 but flatout 2 doesnt work on xbox 360 rgh. I am using the latest hacked compatibility pack.

Do you have a disc? Maybe it works when played from disc.

I was able to play some of my original xbox games 2 days ago for almost an hour with no issue and today when I tried to play it freezes within the first 5 minutes. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what could be happening? I haven't changed anything on aurora or dash launch, I even tried the GOD file version of the same game but it also freezes.

I've been trying to get games widescreen, and finally figured out how to hex edit correctly with Halo 2. But Halo 1 didn't work, I can't have 30 games with Halo 2 title id I don't think lol. That would be a save mess. 

I'm in the early stages of testing this, but it seems any game with the XDK of 5849 (like Halo 2) should work for widescreen. Getting the two games to work that didn't work before I give up on (ToeJam III and Tao Feng) tried many different xbes and nothing works but this works well for widescreen which is good too. I learned the hard way not to keep using the same Halo 2 title ID because you will get corrupted saves and Aurora will try to download the Halo 2 cover for each game lol. 

After more testing

-5849 dcosn't guarantee anything

-most games will go widescreen with Halo 2, 

-a few will freeze or mess up if you try to make them widescreen even if you use Halo 2

-most games will not go widescreen without Halo 2 title id, some will a good one is also Half Life 2, but more are compatible with Halo 2

-if you're using Aurora and are using multiple games with Halo 2, add them to Aurora first and add the correct cover, then hex edit the title id to Halo 2

-You will have mujltiple saves under Halo 2 if you use Halo 2 a lot, but you usually can get away with it. But if you try to load the wrong game it will be corrupt

Overall it's kind of a pain in the arse, but it's the only way to get games widescreen.

Does anyone know where original Xbox games saves are located on an RGH 360? I can't find them I would like to try to edit them as well.  I can only find 360 saves.