RealModScene
JPizzle

How to play Xbox1 (Classic Xbox) games on your JTAG/RGH

I literally had to make an account to say that I'm pretty annoyed at myself because I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now and only just found out you can't use a stealth server lmao. 🤦‍♂️ (Though I do thank you for this tutorial)

23 hours ago, iiEtErNaLxD said:

I literally had to make an account to say that I'm pretty annoyed at myself because I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now and only just found out you can't use a stealth server lmao. 🤦‍♂️ (Though I do thank you for this tutorial)

why would you think you could? granted we do not support stealth servers.. but original titles never had access to XBL on 360.. 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:00 PM, felida said:

why would you think you could? granted we do not support stealth servers.. but original titles never had access to XBL on 360.. 

Actually, they did, before the original xbox servers got shut down completly in 2009, or so. I dont remember when exactly. lol. I do know that someone kept the halo 2 server online for an extra 6 months, by leaving his xbox on and hosting matches. lol.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, Riste Å ekutkoski said:

please how to fix cold fear on XBOX 360  when press LT  game freezing 

Really strange. Maybe a bad rip? I'll try it on my XBOX360 and tell you if is working fine for me.

6 hours ago, soulfunkdjx said:

Really strange. Maybe a bad rip? I'll try it on my XBOX360 and tell you if is working fine for me.

There are games that just do not work.. Like mk shaolin monks.. Cant continue past very first part due to lack of fatality button not working

7 hours ago, SonicNights said:

I got MechAssault working on a JTAG/RGH, thanks to an XBE title ID swap.

What do you mean by "XBE title ID swap"?

You basically replace a game's title ID in the XBE with another game's title ID in the same XBE. 

I used Halo 1's title ID to modify the XBE on my copy of MechAssault. 

4 minutes ago, SonicNights said:

You basically replace a game's title ID in the XBE with another game's title ID in the same XBE. 

Just rename edit on the title id or you edit anything else?

On 4/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, Riste Å ekutkoski said:

please how to fix cold fear on XBOX 360  when press LT  game freezing 

Unfortunatelly, the same hapens to me too.

9 hours ago, SonicNights said:

Ok man, i tried Mechassault on my rgh/jtag console and i get a green and dark blue screen but i can hear the sound. Can you tell me how you change the id?

I. The procedure route:

1. Open a hex editor.

2. Open the XBE from the location you placed your copy of MechAssault into.

3. Look for the title ID... for this to be easier, click on "Find", then in the Find window you click on hex, then either:

a) use this website to search for the title ID: https://github.com/jeltaqq/Xbox-Original-GameList/blob/master/Xbox Original GameList.tsv

or b) here is the title ID) 4D530017

Note that with the title ID you need to spell it two letters backwards then place it on the search tab. Use this: 1700534D.

search.jpg.f172c8623810342d70fa67ca81b47254.jpg

Next, after finding it, it should look like this:

before.thumb.jpg.22840345fe15a3e7ab9c82645d65777c.jpg

Go replace it with Halo 1's tile ID, which:

original: 4D530004

edited for use on modifying XBE: 0400534D

And the end result should look like (after):after.thumb.jpg.2d5174c51217faa8596ec064fd5e4908.jpg

Now the game should work on your RGH, but remember this note: your MechAssault save/s will be located in Halo 1's save location.

Or II. How about you get the modified XBE instead of trying to modify a non-modified XBE? Here's the download link: XBE for MechAssault (JTAG, RGH).rar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you man, you are a life savior. I'll keepbthis to test it on others games too. Thanks again. I'll test it and let you know.

I have things to tell you if you plan to do more of any of my suggestions for getting MechAssault to work: 

If you modified the XBE by yourself:

great job. I supplied the XBE because I thought you may not do it. But you can't always use Halo 1's title ID, especially for games that support widescreen. For widescreen, try to use Halo 2's title ID. But, remember this the most, not all games are compatible. Some games just won't work, plain and simple. I tried modifying Rayman 3's XBE to make it work better, but it was the same as an unmodded copy. I can only play the first level and after the level, the game crashed.

If you used my modified XBE:

thanks for saving some time with just getting it instead of doing it yourself. Tell me about an incompatible Original Xbox game and I'll check it out before I modify its XBE. 

BTW, thanks for the feedback and have fun playing MechAssault! :)

• Thanks 1

I'll do both. I'll use yours but i want try modify it myself to see how it works. I'll inform you if i find any other game. Also cold fear game is stuck the whole console when i press LT. I don't know if you can fix this but if you can there is hope to remember my first fears when i was young ;-). Thanks man, we will be in touch.

12 hours ago, soulfunkdjx said:

I'll do both. I'll use yours but i want try modify it myself to see how it works. I'll inform you if i find any other game. Also cold fear game is stuck the whole console when i press LT. I don't know if you can fix this but if you can there is hope to remember my first fears when i was young ;-). Thanks man, we will be in touch.

It probably is the game.. Just like mk shoalin monks.. You cant press the actual button for fatality to kick off.. But if you use the trainer.. Then it will work.. It really is game dependant..

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, felida said:

It probably is the game.. Just like mk shoalin monks.. You cant press the actual button for fatality to kick off.. But if you use the trainer.. Then it will work.. It really is game dependant..

How do you install and use trainers? Can you send a link?

On 5/15/2019 at 1:01 AM, SonicNights said:

I. The procedure route:

1. Open a hex editor.

2. Open the XBE from the location you placed your copy of MechAssault into.

3. Look for the title ID... for this to be easier, click on "Find", then in the Find window you click on hex, then either:

a) use this website to search for the title ID: https://github.com/jeltaqq/Xbox-Original-GameList/blob/master/Xbox Original GameList.tsv

or b) here is the title ID) 4D530017

Note that with the title ID you need to spell it two letters backwards then place it on the search tab. Use this: 1700534D.

search.jpg.f172c8623810342d70fa67ca81b47254.jpg

Next, after finding it, it should look like this:

before.thumb.jpg.22840345fe15a3e7ab9c82645d65777c.jpg

Go replace it with Halo 1's tile ID, which:

original: 4D530004

edited for use on modifying XBE: 0400534D

And the end result should look like (after):after.thumb.jpg.2d5174c51217faa8596ec064fd5e4908.jpg

Now the game should work on your RGH, but remember this note: your MechAssault save/s will be located in Halo 1's save location.

Or II. How about you get the modified XBE instead of trying to modify a non-modified XBE? Here's the download link: XBE for MechAssault (JTAG, RGH).rar

So can I attempt this with any game that doesn't work by replacing the title id with any game that does work?

I want to try to get Tao Feng and ToeJam & Earl III to work they currently don't. So could I try just any compatible Xbox game? 

42 minutes ago, NoSoul said:

So can I attempt this with any game that doesn't work by replacing the title id with any game that does work?

I want to try to get Tao Feng and ToeJam & Earl III to work they currently don't. So could I try just any compatible Xbox game? 

Yeah you can try. Tell us if you do it successfully.

5 hours ago, SonicNights said:

What other games did you test both on? I can't test Tao Feng but I may test ToeJam and Earl III with some other title ID's.

Both was Halo 1 because I was still downloading Tao Feng and I did the title id swap with ToeJam and tried it and it black screened so I deleted it then tried it with Tao Feng and it reboots to Xbox 360. Same things they did before I swapped the title id. I put it in backwards though like your tutorial said on line 180 on the hex editor didn't help. Should I try another game for them? If you get it working let me know ToeJam is the one I want to work more I'm only keeping my original Xbox for these two games but I've got no space on my tv to leave it hooked up. 

Just tried ToeJam again with Blinx (made sure it was backwards compatible) 4D530013 put in 310035D4 and same thing black screen. I'll try a few more but don't have much hope. 

Edit: just realized I was doing it wrong you said two letters backwards I missed that part. Will try again. 

Edit #2: still didn't work either game. Pretty sure I did it right this time.