RealModScene
JPizzle

How to play Xbox1 (Classic Xbox) games on your JTAG/RGH

Could any one help me my jtag ids keep going in xbox logo what i have to do

Could you be a little more clear about your problem.

What are "jtag ids", how exactly do they "go in xbox logo", and what do they have to do with xbox 1 games.

edit: maybe you mean when you start an xbox1 game it displays logo and stops there? 

Are you sure the game is on the backwards compatibility list? Do you have the backwards compatiblity files installed?

• Like 1

Excuse me guys. I'm completely new to this JTAG/RGH thing

Is the HDDX partition supposed to be empty? I tried launching a Halo 2 copy from an external HD, but I immediately got a "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." error. But before I followed this tutorial step-by-step, I used to get a "blocked by Family Settings" error instead (fault on my part, I forgot to check if I already had HDDX before).

Thanks in advance :)

Excuse me guys. I'm completely new to this JTAG/RGH thing

Is the HDDX partition supposed to be empty? I tried launching a Halo 2 copy from an external HD, but I immediately got a "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." error. But before I followed this tutorial step-by-step, I used to get a "blocked by Family Settings" error instead (fault on my part, I forgot to check if I already had HDDX before).

Thanks in advance :)

It can be, try running the tool described in the first post, but do so from USB and NOT from the internal HDD... then copy the files... voila, the game should work

It can be, try running the tool described in the first post, but do so from USB and NOT from the internal HDD... then copy the files... voila, the game should work

Thanks a lot for the fast reply! :thumbup:

Yeah, I did ran the Compat Fixer from USB (I put every game there too) and moved the whole Compatibility folder to HDDX through Freestyle 3 File Manager. But after doing it, I didn't even got the Xbox splash screen when I ran my Halo 2 copy even though before I try the tutorial I get into the splash screen and the "blocked by Family Settings" error shows up (keep in mind I've never turn on the Family Settings and it is still on Off).

I'm just wondering if I screwed something up in regards to the contents of HDDX partition. Just to clarify, after running (and rebooting) Compat Fixer, the HDDX is supposed to be empty and all I need to do is copy the Compatibility folder into it, right?

after running (and rebooting) Compat Fixer, the HDDX is supposed to be empty and all I need to do is copy the Compatibility folder into it, right?

Yes

Yes

It finally worked! Thanks for your patience! But I have to run it from Freestyle File Manager instead of the Library.

Is there any problem I should know about this?

Thank you very much, my 360 was turning off automatically when i tried to play Ninja Gaiden Black but this tutorial did the trick  :thumbup:

I bought XBox Classic Game:  Sonic Riders for my 7 year old's birthday.  He can play the game great on his retail XBox 360 Phat that I had for years, before I bought another one and had it modded a couple years ago.  On my R-JTag machine, I can get the game up running until it tells me to press start.  My controller's start button is not working at all in the emulator...  Since I softmod consoles all the time, and my friend hard mods consoles, I own a copy of Splinter Cell for XBox Classic, still start button doesn't work.  Once I'm playing a 360 game, or another emulator the start button works like a charm.  Is there away to correct this problem?  Maybe some type of button mapping I could do for the XBox1 emulator?

im guessing this link is still good and up to date? if not could anyone put a link to a new file since this is from 2011

Yes, nothing has been changed. Nothing newer.

The first thing you need is a HDD attached to your JTAGed xbox360, not a USB hard drive. Download and transfer the HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1 to your JTAG. It can be downloaded HERE attachicon.gifhdd_compat_partition_fixer_v1.zip

Use the file manager in FSD to run the default.xex, let it do it's thing and when complete reboot your console.

!!! WARNING !!!

This application will wipe your maybe existing Partition2

!!! WARNING !!!

Now download the Hacked Xbox1 Emulator from HERE attachicon.gifxb1-5829-nov-2007-hacked.zip and transfer the entire compatibility folder over to partition 2 (HDDX) on your JTAG. You can either put the folder on a USB and use the FSD file manager to copy it over or use the built in FTP. If you cant see the second partition make sure you have Advanced File manger enabled in the FSD settings.

Use Qwix to extract your xbox1 game ISO's into folder format, it can be downloaded HERE attachicon.gifQwix101.rar . Once you have extracted the ISO to folder format you will have a folder with the same name of the game filled with many files. Transfer this folder over to your JTAG in a folder named Xbox1, so if the game was Black you would transfer the folder Black to Usb:\Xbox1\ or Hdd:\Xbox1. Now go in FSD and set a game path for the Xbox1 folder and make sure to check the xbox1 box.

Now when you go to the Xbox1 section in FSD you will see your Xbox1 games and can load them easily.

** Update **

You can also use ISO2GOD to create a GoD'ed version of the xbox1 iso, after that simply place the resulting folder in your Xbox1 games folder and FSD will pick it up on your next content scan.

ISO2GOD can be downloaded HERE

Enjoy

when using hdd partition fixer my rgh just shuts of then rebbots any ideas please

when using hdd partition fixer my rgh just shuts of then rebbots any ideas please

Where are you running it from?

Does anyone have tried to run a Chihiro arcade game with this method? .... Virtua COP 3 , Outrun 2 ex, GHOST SQUAD games can run in a modded original xbox with 128 megs. As the xbox 360 has a lot of ram maybe we can have a Chihiro emulator for free!!!!

Wait, wait...

Xbox One console games on xbox 360?

Some people are having trouble getting it to work though, so it's being kept on the hush hush. :p ...JK

Disclaimer: Please don't try this, this thread is about Xbox classic games on the 360, not Xbox One games.

There are no magic unicorns, no flux capacitors and you cannot play Xbox One games on the Xbox 360.

• Like 1

Wait, wait...

Xbox One console games on xbox 360?

I updated the topic to make it more clear what this thread is actually about, since microsoft decided to screw everyone over and name the next gen console "Xbox One", which is basically what everyone called the Classic Xbox when Xbox 360 came out xD since alot of ppl said "Xbox" when they meant to say "Xbox 360" it was easier to just ask "Do you mean Xbox 360 or Xbox 1?", much easier then asking "Did you mean Xbox 360 or Xbox Classic?"

Hi I have run HDD Fixer and enabled Advanced file manager but in Flask FXP 4.4.2 I don't see HDDX

All I see is

Flash

Game

Hdd1

SysExt

USB0

USB1

Xbox is RGH Trinity Slim

Sorry NP I see it now had to select Refresh in FlashFXP

I have a 1TB in my 360 without any partition part for xbox 1. With this guide am i able to get it to work without reformatting and or losing data in my 1tb hdd I have in my 360?

I have a 1TB in my 360 without any partition part for xbox 1. With this guide am i able to get it to work without reformatting and or losing data in my 1tb hdd I have in my 360?

It only wipes partition 2 if you already installed it before, iirc. There's a post on the second page of this thread that confirms this. It works fine for me and others that have used it.

It only wipes partition 2 if you already installed it before, iirc. There's a post on the second page of this thread that confirms this. It works fine for me and others that have used it.

If you don't have a partition 2 can you make one without ruining the existing data on your internal?