RealModScene
JPizzle

How to play Xbox1 (Classic Xbox) games on your JTAG/RGH

I think this is a stupid question, but I can't install the emulator unless I have an official xbox 360 hdd, right? I only have an external usb hdd and I'm guessing I won't be able to install it, but I just wanted to check with you guys to be sure.

I think this is a stupid question, but I can't install the emulator unless I have an official xbox 360 hdd, right? I only have an external usb hdd and I'm guessing I won't be able to install it, but I just wanted to check with you guys to be sure.

Yes, it can only be installed to the Xbox 360 harddrive (it doesn't matter if it's an official one or one you've created yourself by simply formatting it with a RGH/JTAG console)

Yes, it can only be installed to the Xbox 360 harddrive (it doesn't matter if it's an official one or one you've created yourself by simply formatting it with a RGH/JTAG console)

Can I format the external usb hdd I use to store my rgh games to do so? I thought you could only use an official retail xbox 360 hard drive.

Or is it better to leave the FSD+Games usb hdd alone and get another hdd and format it?

Can I format the external usb hdd I use to store my rgh games to do so? I thought you could only use an official retail xbox 360 hard drive.

Or is it better to leave the FSD+Games usb hdd alone and get another hdd and format it?

You can store games wherever you want, however... the Xbox Backwards compatibility files must be on the "internal" harddrive, it doesn't have to be a "official" harddrive, it can by any harddrive which is formatted by the Xbox 360 (but it must be connected to the internal SATA port on slims or the HDD port on phats)

hi i spent 3 hours looking for a tut and i none were working. i tried this and it did not work. i want to play gta vice city. everytime i open it it freezes on the xbox logo. note that i dnt have fsd installed, i did the copying via xex menu 1.2 by copying from a usb hard drive onto the hdd in my xbox. how can i fix this? is this happening cz i dnt have fsd or is it because of the game itself? PLZ ANSWER.

oh and also the game i downloaded did not come in iso format it came directly extracted, i dnt knw if it is properly done. here is the link i downloaded it from: ** Warez link removed **

Edited by Swizzy
Warez links aren't allowed
  • Like 1

hi i spent 3 hours looking for a tut and i none were working. i tried this and it did not work. i want to play gta vice city. everytime i open it it freezes on the xbox logo. note that i dnt have fsd installed, i did the copying via xex menu 1.2 by copying from a usb hard drive onto the hdd in my xbox. how can i fix this? is this happening cz i dnt have fsd or is it because of the game itself? PLZ ANSWER.

oh and also the game i downloaded did not come in iso format it came directly extracted, i dnt knw if it is properly done. here is the link i downloaded it from:

It's likely your game that is the problem... if this wasn't working you'd get an error message, not freezing...

It's likely your game that is the problem... if this wasn't working you'd get an error message, not freezing...

ok thank you for your help. ill try to download another game and check.

oh and another thing, what would the resolution be? would it be the same as the original xbox, or would it be converted to lets say 720 or 1080p?

ok thank you for your help. ill try to download another game and check.

oh and another thing, what would the resolution be? would it be the same as the original xbox, or would it be converted to lets say 720 or 1080p?

It'd probably be the same as the original, i haven't actually checked... but... honestly, it's not good to upscale it... it doesn't become as good as it could be if you do upscaling, downscaling on the other hand works better as you simply decrease the number of pixels

It'd probably be the same as the original, i haven't actually checked... but... honestly, it's not good to upscale it... it doesn't become as good as it could be if you do upscaling, downscaling on the other hand works better as you simply decrease the number of pixels

hey i just remembered something, when i first wanted to do this, the hddx folder WAS ALREADY EMPTY, it didnt have the compatibility folder but anyways i used the fixer and copied the new one, now i was checking again, i realized that i have a compatibility folder in hdd1, and it contains a folder named Xbox 1 and in it a few others then a music folder then 2 files, are these supposed to be there? im a newbie at this i dnt knw whatshould be where

thanks in advance for u time

hey i just remembered something, when i first wanted to do this, the hddx folder WAS ALREADY EMPTY, it didnt have the compatibility folder but anyways i used the fixer and copied the new one, now i was checking again, i realized that i have a compatibility folder in hdd1, and it contains a folder named Xbox 1 and in it a few others then a music folder then 2 files, are these supposed to be there? im a newbie at this i dnt knw whatshould be where

thanks in advance for u time

The ones on HDD1 are normal once you've started a game, this is where you'll find your savegames and such ;)

Hey, so i tried to move the "Compatibility" file to the HDDX but it won't let me (I used FSD File Manager). HELP!

Have you created HDDx using the tool in the first post? do you get any error message? if so; what's the error message saying?

Have you created HDDx using the tool in the first post? do you get any error message? if so; what's the error message saying?

Do i need to?, because you said it will remove the existing Partition 2 and i'm really really a n00b at XBOX 360 Modding....

Do i need to?, because you said it will remove the existing Partition 2 and i'm really really a n00b at XBOX 360 Modding....

Well, if it doesn't already exist... then yes, you need to... but, it doesn't exactly hurt to re-create it ;)

Well, if it doesn't already exist... then yes, you need to... but, it doesn't exactly hurt to re-create it ;)

Well it already exist but i just can't put anything in it with FSD File Manager, and the last time i mess around with Partition 2 i need to reformat my HDD....

Should i do it?

Nevermind i followed your tutorial and it works!, Thanks!

After hesitate messing around with my perfectly fine XBOX 360, i decided to fuck it and do this tutorial and it WORKS!.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:turned: :turned: :turned: :turned:

I tried playing my game and it says "The game couldn't start, try downloading the game again"

What game is it?

Question?will partion format my hdd?when i make a partition?

Just the one partition of it... your gamedata should still be intact

I dont have a HDD i run everything off my external hard drive ? how can i do this

This only works with a HDD... so go buy one...