RealModScene
moses_373

Update your RGH/Jtag with Xebuild GUI and Nand flasher for Xbox 360

OK i have followed this and wabashman's tutorial and keep getting the same error on writing the updated NAND back to the XBOX.

Upon startup after flashing I get a Q2 error on the XBOX and have had to re-write the "working" NAND back to the box using XELL-Reloaded.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I can post up some screens etc at each step but any help would really be great!!

OK i have followed this and wabashman's tutorial and keep getting the same error on writing the updated NAND back to the XBOX.

Upon startup after flashing I get a Q2 error on the XBOX and have had to re-write the "working" NAND back to the box using XELL-Reloaded.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I can post up some screens etc at each step but any help would really be great!!

Are you running a jtag or an RGH?

I think I can do this, in fact, I know I can. before I start, is there anything particular I need to be careful to do OR not to do?? Thanks in advance guys. Im currently on

Monkeynuts:

I'm not sure about the Q2 error, but I'd check and see if I'm using the correct SMC hack when I create the Nand. Some Jtags have an alternate wiring that you have to compensate for when making the nand.

TudorBlue:

Just make sure you follow the tutorial exactly, that way you shouldn't have any problems!

Iv#m working my way through the tutorial and things are going well apart from one thing. I do not know the build type. I do know my machine is a falcon that was modded with a coolrunner. Whjich build type do I need?? Thanks

Ive updated my rgh and everything has gone smoothly. However Im at the point where I have downnloaded the avatar and kinnect update and have used xeBuild GUI 2.0 to prepare the update and put it on my flash drive. Nothing happens! Ive tried renaming the $ystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate, but nothing happens. Help

Edit.................lol I had entered my exhisting kernal for crying out loud. I redid the whole process, this time entering the latest kernal and bingo....all done.

PPPHhhhhhheeewwwwwwwwww :)

great tut moses,im going to give it a go,can i update avatars via usb done it that way in past,so presume so just want confirmation,thanks.

You sure can! Thank you for the nice compliments!

Ive updated my rgh and everything has gone smoothly. However Im at the point where I have downnloaded the avatar and kinnect update and have used xeBuild GUI 2.0 to prepare the update and put it on my flash drive. Nothing happens! Ive tried renaming the $ystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate, but nothing happens. HelpEdit.................lol I had entered my exhisting kernal for crying out loud. I redid the whole process, this time entering the latest kernal and bingo....all done.PPPHhhhhhheeewwwwwwwwww :)

I have totally been there before...

Rather than troubleshoot, it may be easier for you to use autogg, it now has an automatic update feature and I believe there is a link to it on the main page.

Hi.My Corona 4gb with RGH also has LT 3.0.If i update it like this, will i loose the LT Flash?Seeya.-

No, your tray will only run the risk of being flashed if it is done through Xbox live.  The only thing you are flashing with a program like autogg is your Nand.

hey guys . im new to this , but my Q is . that you make a copy of your existing kernel and how is that updated then . dont we need a file of the newest kernel . and 

are they all using Freeboot or are there others . and most importent Q is when do i know when there is an update (needed) .

bare with me plz , and thx for all you guys so that we can learn do it our selfs that saves € 25 

Freeboot is the only one in use anymore and you should always strive to have the latest kernel.  This guide is a little outdated, the eaiest way to update your console is to use blakcat's autogg program.  This program will read your kernel and automatically update it over a usb stick or over your network and will always include the latest kernel as long as you allow the program to update itself.