RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

But there is still one minor problem that persists...after updating my kernel, I dont have any sound output through my HDMI port...the video is there but no sound...however when I connect through my component cable, the sound is fine...can anyone throw some light on this issue..I have tried changing my audio setting to digital stereo, dolby digital etc but doesnt seem to work :(

Maybe you have a faulty HDMI cable? :unsure:

Is your USB stick formated as FAT32? Try booting straight into Metro dash by holding RB when you boot your console.

Yes it is formates as FAT32.. I'm always booting to metro dash with RB during this procedure..

Weird thing is that if i boot to FSD and load Xexmenu it then asks me to install the update (the correct message, not the system update one).. is it ok to update then? or it has to bee from metro dash?

install it, sometimes having the USB with the update plugged in and running a game also will get the update prompt to pop up.

Well, i did mine in Metro dash. But if the update version matches your kernel version I don't see any harm doing it via XexMenu. But just to be sure, make a NAND backup & copy your CPU and DVD key, you know just in case if something went wrong, even though I don't think it will :)

Maybe you have a faulty HDMI cable? :unsure:

Nope...used it with my lappy...works fine...i had this problem before but changed audio settings and it wrkd fine...this time round that too is not wrking :( asked my guy who jtagged my console...he said some ppl are facing this problem...no solution

Maybe your HDMI input got damaged somehow? Have you tried another cable? It may be a silly suggestion but you could try to blow really hard in the HDMI input :lol:If that doesn't help there are other ways to play via HDMI and still have sound ;)

help, i've succeed in updating, but i cant access my profile and the game savedata. i'm on 15574 dash and have thesame update version.

Hi,i have kernel 16xxxx & fsd 3 then i plug in usb key & turn on he ask me 4 update from microsoft live not as in that 2 pictures & nothing hapens,any idea ?? :unsure:

Which message do you get on screen?

this message " A system update is required to use kinect.To get the update,sign in to xbox LIVE.For more info,visit www.xbox.com/update"

its always this message whit usb key plugen in or not & only at start of console,i cant go live i bloked it off  then instaled F3.

From what I understand, you've already installed Avatar data and then added your Kinect sensor at a later date/time.

Accept the update - it should only install the required files for Kinect to operate.

Download the update from here, make sure your Kinect sensor is plugged in and try the update again.

nothing,maybe i just cancel my $sistem folder & copy there yours,its not dangerous ??

make sure you are running the latest 16203 kernel

im sure its 16203

but i have updated whit autoGG,maybe its not good ?

Check the kernel version in System Settings (the OP explains this).

Load the latest update on a fat32 formatted usb twice, once as $SystemUpdate and once as $$ystemUpdate. Plug in the usb and then load a game.

YEEEEEEESSSSS !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart: :heart:

you're the king :queen:

I had the exact same problem as Alexandr ... tried thousand times with both typos, different sticks, bout priorities etc etc etc ... nothing does ... i reformated my key, put the folder named $$ystemUpdate, launched the xbox , same message you need an update blablabla ...

THEN i tried to launch a simple xbla game and the miracle came ... pim update ! reboot ! re update ! reboot ! everything works !!

I love you men ! thanks a lot for the help you provide to every single lost and noobs like me !

Hugs, Starsis.

rename to $SystemUpdate and go into metro and then place the USB in.

Hi, what do you mean by "go into metro and then place the USB in", how can I do that, Im a complete noob, so please be very specific in the instruction, thanks in advance! :smiling:

Metro = stock MS dashboard, Hold RB while the console boots up and it will go to the stock dashboard instead of F3.

It finally works, I made everything you said, but the update never pop up, I put the memory stick in the xbox, then turn in on, then a message appears, that the kinect need an update, please enter to xbox live, then I go to the freestyle home, and the secret is to press Y, the yellow botton in the control, and after you press Y, the update begins, reboot, and now Im playing with my kinect, thanks!!!