RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

On 26/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, ZoneModzz said:

I keep loosing the avatar update every 10-15 mins I'm really fed up.....Can anyone help me with this?

Sounds like a problem with your dashlaunch plugins or the kernel patches

Can someone please help me?
I am not that good with xbox but i have an xbox 360 and i modified it a couple of years ago which has a freestyle 3 launcher and internal storage filled with games

the problem here that the kinect doesn't work. it requires an update and i kinda remember the guy that i modified it from said dont update it or you will lose all the games so what should i do i really wanna play the games.

i followed this tutorial but didnt get an update message and i feel lost at the moment.
please help

Chances are if you had it modded a few years ago, and have never updated it, it is on an older kernel, and should be updated. The easiest way to update everything is with the xebuild updserv option. to do this, download my updated J-runner, which has files for createing all of the dashboards, and a few of the avatar updates, including the latest. You will also need the Dashlaunch installer. For this to work, the console and the computer need to be on the same network. That being said, open the latest dashlaunch installer on the console. Doesnt matter if you update dashlaunch so go ahead and do it if you want. In the configuration menu there is an option called updserv, that needs to be enabled. So do that and leave the app running on the console. Now go back to the PC, and navigate to the xebuild folder within the J-runner folder. hold ctrl+shift and right click, and you should get a new option in the menu that says open command window here. Click that. Now in the command prompt type xebuild update -f 17511 and hit enter. Allow ports on firewall, and wait for the console to reboot. Now your console will be updated to 17511 kernel, and have the avatar/kinect update you wanted. 

7 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Chances are if you had it modded a few years ago, and have never updated it, it is on an older kernel, and should be updated. The easiest way to update everything is with the xebuild updserv option. to do this, download my updated J-runner, which has files for createing all of the dashboards, and a few of the avatar updates, including the latest. You will also need the Dashlaunch installer. For this to work, the console and the computer need to be on the same network. That being said, open the latest dashlaunch installer on the console. Doesnt matter if you update dashlaunch so go ahead and do it if you want. In the configuration menu there is an option called updserv, that needs to be enabled. So do that and leave the app running on the console. Now go back to the PC, and navigate to the xebuild folder within the J-runner folder. hold ctrl+shift and right click, and you should get a new option in the menu that says open command window here. Click that. Now in the command prompt type xebuild update -f 17511 and hit enter. Allow ports on firewall, and wait for the console to reboot. Now your console will be updated to 17511 kernel, and have the avatar/kinect update you wanted. 

Sorry to bother but i kinda don't get the part of "open the latest dashlaunch installer on the console. Doesn't matter if you update dashlaunch so go ahead and do it if you want. In the configuration menu there is an option called updserv, that needs to be enabled." where can i find the updserv. sorry i am such a noob.
But here is the steps i did i opened the console plugged an ethernet cable with the xbox so its same network as the PC and opened the cmd prompt and typed the command but it waited a while and said "***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to find console"
i have noticed something that when going to my games the launcher is called FSD 2.0
If there is a video tutorial that explains step by step what to do i will be very grateful :)

I believe the option is in a menu called configurator..... Could be wrong about that though. So find the updserv option in the dashlaunch installer, and enable it(Should have a green circle). Leave the dashlaunch installer open, as this is an option for the installer, and then run the command on the computer. If the console is on the same network segment, then it should work.

Dashlaunch installer is a seperate app, that you will need to run on the console, as most people build their nand image with the latest dashlaunch installed by default. You can find that app here. 

8 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I believe the option is in a menu called configurator..... Could be wrong about that though. So find the updserv option in the dashlaunch installer, and enable it(Should have a green circle). Leave the dashlaunch installer open, as this is an option for the installer, and then run the command on the computer. If the console is on the same network segment, then it should work.

Dashlaunch installer is a seperate app, that you will need to run on the console, as most people build their nand image with the latest dashlaunch installed by default. You can find that app here. 

Thank you so much it worked finally!
i am very grateful for you man.
do you know where i can download games for it :)

1 hour ago, drewxmvm said:

Thank you so much it worked finally!
i am very grateful for you man.
do you know where i can download games for it :)

I do, but I am not going to tell you, because we dont support piracy on this site.

i swaped my hard drive from 250g to 750g and when i insert old hard drive kinect working correctly a when i isert new kinect dowsnt working and when i insert usb with system update every time show not correct screen pls help me

8 hours ago, KasperDanySL said:

i swaped my hard drive from 250g to 750g and when i insert old hard drive kinect working correctly a when i isert new kinect dowsnt working and when i insert usb with system update every time show not correct screen pls help me

Because the avatar/kinect data is installed to the hdd... do this, disconnect kinect, put new hdd in, usb with update, plug in kinect.. update should come up

On 12/27/2012 at 11:59 PM, BL4K3Y said:

You should always keep your JTAG/RGH kernel updated.

You can use older versions if you like, but new kernel versions include changes, bug fixes, additions etc.

From where can I download the older version kinect/avatar update? I have kernel version 17511 and I need Kinect and Avatar update for this version. From where can I download this please?

On 1/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, Ryounus said:

From where can I download the older version kinect/avatar update? I have kernel version 17511 and I need Kinect and Avatar update for this version. From where can I download this please?

Google it.. 

17511 dashboard update

Hi there, I know im pretty late to the conversation, but I tried every suggestion and it's still not prompting me the update.....I feel like giving up.....can someone help me please if anyone still can. I will very appreciate it...I know im very very late but I would still appreciate some help. for some reason the update files keeps getting deleted and I don't know why...please help :(

4 hours ago, MercuryGodOfSpeed said:

Hi there, I know im pretty late to the conversation, but I tried every suggestion and it's still not prompting me the update.....I feel like giving up.....can someone help me please if anyone still can. I will very appreciate it...I know im very very late but I would still appreciate some help. for some reason the update files keeps getting deleted and I don't know why...please help :(

how are they being deleted??

that sounds more like a drive issue..

you always have the option to use jrunner to install the avatar data to your console as well

On 5/8/2016 at 12:38 PM, Dr.Gonzo said:

The no update function should be disabled, otherwise you cant update your 360.

No, that's not what you want to do! That will stop the patch from looking for an file "$$ystemUpdate" Via DashLaunch.

EVERYONE, KERNEL MUST MATCH UPDATE FILE: EXSAMPLE: 2.0.(Kernel Version).0 So if Up To Date 2022: 2.0.17559.0

How to make this work:

Aurora RHG 3.0 Dash 17559

1. Flash Kernel to the newest if you are not on the 17559 (Look in your settings info to check)

2. Download http://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

3. Extract File "7zip" Windows

4. Rename File > Add the DOLLAR SIGN "$" REMOVE THE "S" Example: OLD: $SystemUpdate >  NEW: $$ystemUpdate

5. Format USB Device to "FAT32" (YouTube if you don't know how!)

6. Now place the file "$$ystemUpdate" onto the USB!

7. Xbox off > insert USB > Turn on Xbox

8. Update should prompt > Select "YES" to Update.

9. Also if you are not getting a "prompt". Try booting up XEX MENU app Link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gJoF-kovcLc2I4aURsQ1VLU2M/view?resourcekey=0-7pAOpPVm-dsL8UjmahU5xA

Note: if this isn't working

-Check File name > $$ystemUpdate

-Check Xbox is at Kernel 17559

-Check Dashlaunch > Behavior > noupdater "enabled" > Right bumper xbox controller >  "HDD" > Press "X" to Save settings!

On 8/16/2022 at 7:39 PM, Johnwonsewitz said:

No, that's not what you want to do! That will stop the patch from looking for an file "$$ystemUpdate"

If noupdater is on = $$ystemUpdate

If noupdater is off = $SystemUpdate

And while it CAN be ran from dashlaunch.. it can also be ran from stock dash.. no need to over complicate things

2 hours ago, felida said:

If noupdater is on = $$ystemUpdate

If noupdater is off = $SystemUpdate

And while it CAN be ran from dashlaunch.. it can also be ran from stock dash.. no need to over complicate things

Well, as I did try that also, my Xbox wouldn’t! This was the only method I could confirm. 

(Perhaps my settings where different)

Thanks.