RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

Ok so i just update the kernel to the latest version using xebuild and the kinect and avatar date should be back ????

No, but do that then run the updater for 17502

Sent from my SM-G903F

OK , can you give me the link the the 17502 update ,

gxarena, the link is in the top of the page^ it has almost all versions of the Xbox 360 dashboard, the few it doesn't have are very old and very rare

This is NOT for updating your JTAG/RGH dashboard/kernel, this is for installing Avatar/Kinect data ONLY. To change the dashboard/kernel version of your JTAG/RGH console, you build a new image with J-Runner or similar.

Before you proceed, ensure you have an internal hard drive connected with enough space for the update (I think somewhere around 128MB is required).

Also, ensure that you have DashLaunch installed and configured.

So, you have a JTAG or RGH system, but no Avatars or Kinect?

This small tutorial will help you install them (ensure your Kinect hardware is connected before you begin or you will be prompted to update again once you connect it!).

Step 1

Download the USB system update from here (remember to check that the system update you download matches your JTAG/RGH kernel version - go to System Settings>Console Settings>System Info and read where it says Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your current dashboard/kernel version).

Step 2

Extract the $systemupdate folder from the archive with 7-Zip or similar and rename it to $$ystemUpdate.

Step 3

Transfer the $$ystemUpdate folder (the one you renamed in Step 2) to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick (I recommend 512MB+).

Step 4

Connect your USB stick to your console, power it on and accept the update when prompted.

There are different messages shown based on what the system update is going to apply.

If you see this:

1pw67s.jpg

Do NOT accept the update because this is telling you that the system is going to attempt a complete update which alters bootloaders and it will also burn eFUSEs.

If you see this:

1z143a1.jpg

It is fine to proceed with the update.

This is the system telling you that additional components are missing.

The console will reboot once the update has installed successfully and you should now see Avatars and have Kinect installed (don't forget to configure it!).

If the console doesn't do anything, ensure that:

• The update folder is named correctly.
  • The system update you are applying matches the JTAG/RGH dashboard/kernel version your console is currently running (see Step 1).
  • You inserted the USB stick before booting the console (FSD can block the system update).
If, after all this is attempted, the console still won't update, go into FSD and then into the File Manager, look for a SysExt: folder and delete what you can (don't forget to enable File Manager Advanced Mode in General Settings first).

Reboot the console and you'll be told that there are corrupted files - reboot the console to resolve this.

Do this with the USB stick connected and your console should prompt you to accept the update.

I find that if I boot the console to NXE/Metro (hold RB after powering the console on) and THEN insert the USB stick, the update prompt shows up.

Sadly, this doesn't work for me, after following tutorial

I'm on 17502

Downloaded the link for avatar kinect update 17502 off first page on a fat32 usb flash drive. Insert into xbox rgh

I still get update required to use kinect 

All i got is xexmenu on a separate 120GB flash drive plugged in

I'll keep searching for a working solution..thanks for your effort though

Sadly, this doesn't work for me, after following tutorial

I'm on 17502

Downloaded the link for avatar kinect update 17502 off first page on a fat32 usb flash drive. Insert into xbox rgh

I still get update required to use kinect

All i got is xexmenu on a separate 120GB flash drive plugged in

I'll keep searching for a working solution..thanks for your effort though

You need to have a harddrive or other MemoryUnit that can actually hold the avatar data, after that i would recommend that you have the update in both $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate while trying this, also start xexmenu if it doesn't trigger the update for you

Sent from my SM-G903F

Please help...
Can't update the kinect&Avatars update
It didn't work on 16747 and this is the message it showed:
http://prntscr.com/d2zphw
416B-0000-3000-091A-8007-045D

Then I updated kernel (not my first time) to 17502 and now again the error...
445E-0000-3000-0902-8007-045D

Please help me..it is Corona 4GB RGH.

You need to have a harddrive or other MemoryUnit that can actually hold the avatar data, after that i would recommend that you have the update in both $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate while trying this, also start xexmenu if it doesn't trigger the update for you

Sent from my SM-G903F

Please help...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Please help...

8007-045D seems to be related to a bad storage device, perhaps it's a problem with your MMCMU? try formatting that (after saving your gamesaves etc. to another device, and do NOT use this device again) and/or try removing any other storage devices you have attached (besides the one with the update on it)

Might be worth trying another USB device aswell, seeing as the only version actually shown is the one currently in your nand, which to me kinda says it's having trouble reading the update from your USB

8007-045D seems to be related to a bad storage device, perhaps it's a problem with your MMCMU? try formatting that (after saving your gamesaves etc. to another device, and do NOT use this device again) and/or try removing any other storage devices you have attached (besides the one with the update on it)

Might be worth trying another USB device aswell, seeing as the only version actually shown is the one currently in your nand, which to me kinda says it's having trouble reading the update from your USB

Thank you.

I tried multiple USB devices and nothing. I don't have an internal HDD, so it's kind of a problem...I think there is a problem with the 4GB MU. I am trying to copy 10MB of files and it takes forever. even after formatting and clearing cache. Maybe this is the problem?

**edit

my friend came here and took his XBOX...if we put a hard drive, would it work? I think the 4GB unit is fu**ed up and this is why it is not working.

Hi,

I got Update needed for Kinect so I googled this post but I cant manage to get this to work. So far I have done:

- Tried different USB sticks
- My version is 17511.
- Folder is renamed to $$ystemUpdate
- Deleted everything in the SysExt: folder but now I completely lost Kinect recognition. I get some error popup at the start but I cannot click anything and it goes directly to FSD (which is v
3.0.775.7)

Am I missing something?

I managed to make it work. Set that parameter to true and I got the update, but my problem is not fixed. Every time I try to play a game I get this Update request that loops for ever.

Any clues?

IMG_0052.JPG

1 hour ago, skullmonkey said:

Hi,

I got Update needed for Kinect so I googled this post but I cant manage to get this to work. So far I have done:

- Tried different USB sticks
- My version is 17511.
- Folder is renamed to $$ystemUpdate
- Deleted everything in the SysExt: folder but now I completely lost Kinect recognition. I get some error popup at the start but I cannot click anything and it goes directly to FSD (which is v
3.0.775.7)

Am I missing something?

I managed to make it work. Set that parameter to true and I got the update, but my problem is not fixed. Every time I try to play a game I get this Update request that loops for ever.

Any clues?

IMG_0052.JPG

I think you need to build new glitch image

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, salah.rgh2 said:

I think you need to build new glitch image

Can you point me to a direction and I'll try to manage it myself. Thanks.

11 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

Can you point me to a direction and I'll try to manage it myself. Thanks.

youtube some j-runner vids, or xebuildgui. Both would help for building a new image.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

youtube some j-runner vids, or xebuildgui. Both would help for building a new image.

Do I need any hardware modifications to do this, open the console or connect it to LPT/PARALEL port or I can do it over usb?

Will I loose the content of the HDD (the games)?

It depends on the console. If it boots xell, and is not a 4GB corona, then you can flash the nand image via xell, assuming xell boots. if not, then you will need a nand reader/writer to write your nand.

2 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

Do I need any hardware modifications to do this, open the console or connect it to LPT/PARALEL port or I can do it over usb?

Will I loose the content of the HDD (the games)?

If your console boots, and is "pre-glitched".. use swizzys simple nand flasher.. works for all consoles.. ofc you need jrunner/xebuild to build the image.. but swizzys app loads just like any other default.xex does.. and flashes the new nand without external hardware..

Edit: and no you wont lose anything on your hdd.. that doesnt even get touched when doing the nand

• Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 9:39 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

It depends on the console. If it boots xell, and is not a 4GB corona, then you can flash the nand image via xell, assuming xell boots. if not, then you will need a nand reader/writer to write your nand.

Its a 250gb Corona console

2 hours ago, skullmonkey said:

Its a 250gb Corona console

Then it should be a NAND Corona, you can use Simple 360 NAND Flasher (safer then using XeLL) if you can boot into the dashboard still...

hi,

i have the same problem, but no more ideas....

i would really appreciate if someone could help me

i just updated my 360 slim, by generating a kernel update using xebuild GUI 2.098, without any problem. (plugged USb stick with proper data, boot on xell by eject button) and all is ok

I'm now in 17502, but i lost kinect.

And i'm unable to install system update

i already try :

- put $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate on a usb stick, before and after booting

- disabling "noupdate" in FSD

- i don't find any "sysext" folder on my drives

- plug usb when in microsoft standart dashboard

- try with 2 different usb stick and directly with $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate on the usb hard drive

=> i never see the update prompt

i have a 360 slim with RGH. i have an usb HDD and a usb stick

i think i have a 4gb internal "drive", but i'm not sure

i boot directly on FSD

Can someone help me ?

sorry for my english, i'm french :-)

8 hours ago, Jean Baptiste Brandt said:

hi,

i have the same problem, but no more ideas....

i would really appreciate if someone could help me

i just updated my 360 slim, by generating a kernel update using xebuild GUI 2.098, without any problem. (plugged USb stick with proper data, boot on xell by eject button) and all is ok

I'm now in 17502, but i lost kinect.

And i'm unable to install system update

i already try :

- put $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate on a usb stick, before and after booting

- disabling "noupdate" in FSD

- i don't find any "sysext" folder on my drives

- plug usb when in microsoft standart dashboard

- try with 2 different usb stick and directly with $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate on the usb hard drive

=> i never see the update prompt

i have a 360 slim with RGH. i have an usb HDD and a usb stick

i think i have a 4gb internal "drive", but i'm not sure

i boot directly on FSD

Can someone help me ?

sorry for my english, i'm french :-)

Do you have XEXMenu installed? if so - try launching that, i've found that it helps to trigger the update prompt on newer dashboards...

It's also important that the update you're trying to install is of the same version as your consoles dashboard, a older version won't trigger the prompt, a newer version will fail to install

i don't have XEXMenu installed. So i tryied to install it , but i never manage to see my USB key detected by Xtaff nor Horizon.

the stick is well formated by the xbox, detected by windows, but never displayed in soft....

So i burnt a XEXMenu iso cd. So i was able to launch XEXMenu, but nothing special occured, with usb stick plugged before or after boot.

I don't know what to try now. I'm pretty sur that my systemupdate is on the good version. At least the name is well 17502, i don't know if i can check content file ?

Do you have a link / website for me to be sure to have a proper version of 17502 system update?

Can a systemupdate be definitely blocked in any way (hard mod, soft confir of FSD or ........)

Thanks

IMG_0100.JPG

i Work perfecly,

my step is:

1. Download the system update system-update-usb , that zip file (SystemUpdate_XXXXX_USB.zip) will same name of your Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your current dashboard/kernel version).
  2. Format Flashdisk to FAT32
  3. Extract Zip file
  4. Copy $SystemUpdate to root Flashdisk
  5. and copy again to root but rename the second folder to $$ystemUpdate
  6. so you will have two folder on FAT32 Flashdisk $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate
  7. Put Flashdisk on Xbox
  8. Turn in On the Xbox
  9. Run Kinect Games
  10. than will show the prompt, remember only "Yes" for Prompt with "Update Required", if Prompt is "System Update" choose "No"

I Hope this can Help...