RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

hello, So I updated my dashboard to the latest version. i formated my usb stick and placed the $$ystemupdate folder in it, but when i boot my console nothing happens :huh: could anyone give me a hint what to do??

hello, So I updated my dashboard to the latest version. i formated my usb stick and placed the $$ystemupdate folder in it, but when i boot my console nothing happens :huh: could anyone give me a hint what to do??

go to the regular MS dashboard

rename to $SystemUpdate and go into metro and then place the USB in.

are 100% you sure it won't screw up my RGH modification or something like that?

I could do with sorting my avatars out. Since Ive had my rgh Ive had invisible/blank avatars. It hasnt bothered me but becsuse im going to get my slim fitted with a demon and CR3, I suppose I could do with learning this stuff. Its all hood but Im just lazy. I had my fat done about a year ago. Does it matter what official dashboard it is???

Sent From Tapatalk 2

yes, the update MUST match the current official dashboard

and Prayer, as long as the Update matches the installed dashboard version then it will not harm anything.... it will improve.

yes, the update MUST match the current official dashboard

and Prayer, as long as the Update matches the installed dashboard version then it will not harm anything.... it will improve.

My official dashboard is 2.0.14719.0. How easy would that be to update and sort my avatars outs Jpizzle?

• Like 1

My official dashboard is 2.0.14719.0. How easy would that be to update and sort my avatars outs Jpizzle?

Update your dashboard

quick question, my box boots straight into fsd. Ive put the update folder on a usb but nothing happens. A few pointers at this point would be good. Thanks

quick question, my box boots straight into fsd. Ive put the update folder on a usb but nothing happens. A few pointers at this point would be good. Thanks

just press the guide botton then y and hold rb. It will go to stock dash and the update will pop up.

That explains it.

The link in my tutorial will download the latest available system update.

I suggest you update your console's JTAG/RGH image to 16197 using J-Runner, XeBuild GUI etc., and then follow this tutorial.

All done. Once I had read through the updating your rgh a few times, everything went well. Only screwed up once, I had entered the kernal I was already on and at the 2nd attempt, I realised where I had gone wrong and redid everything. All working fine now.

I do have another question, how to do install the avatar items that you can buy off XBL? Is it possible?

Can someone please help me? I read over the tutorial d/l the right update for my jtag which is 2.0.16197.0, put it on flash drive, plugged it into the xb360, and connect the kinect as well. My issue is when ever I turn the system on I get "Update Required, A system update is required to use the Kinect. To get the update, sign in to Xbox Live." It also has a red circle with an "X" next to where it says "Update Required". So how do I go about fixing this issue. I can not update my kernel at the time that is why I am still using this one. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

I do not have my computer at the time. I am staying right now at a friends while my house is getting worked on. I've had my jtag for about 2 years or more and would really like to have my avatar and kinect capabilities.

Hi,

I followed all the steps given and was able to successfully update my kernel. Now I want to install update for Kinect. I attached my hard drive to me PC, used xexbulid to download avatar update and prepared the drive. It adds the $SystemUpdate folder and a launch.ini file in the root of my drive. Now when I connect the hdd to my xbox and boot it, no popup for update comes up. I have tried changing the name to $$ystemUpdate and same result. I have not gone through the entire thread till now as its late here but will do that tomorrow and try the silutions if any have been provided for the same problem. Also I own an arcade whose internal memory is shown as 81mb free but my hdd that I connect has almost 300 gb free so dont know if space is causing a problem.

Another problem that I am now facing is that there is no sound output through my HDMI output anymore. It was there before but is no more there. I went to the audio settings and tried all the audio outputs (Digital stereo and dolby digital) but to no end. Whats surprising is that I have sound output thru my component cable but then the video output is shitty :(

Please help...any advice would be useful

Nikhil

Hello there. My dash is on 16202 and i downloaded the 16202 system update from here http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/ (is this link correct?)

Now, i extract with winrar the file, rename the folder to $$ystemUpdate and put the folder in my FAT32 formated usb stick (4gb).

I turn off xbox, i connect Kinect, i connect the USB stick and switch xbox back on. FSD is my default dash, therefore i press RB to boot to NXE, but when i boot to NXE the only message i get (with a red X circle) is that a system update is required for Kinect, connect to xbox live to download the update etc. and the only option i have is to press OK to close the message and return to NXE.

Don't ever ever EVER connect to Live! What you need to do is to rename the $$ystemUpdate to $ystemUpdate. But follow the instructions in the Tutorials section just to be sure. (Take a look at the "warning" pictures.)

Hey Thanks a lot everyone...was able to initialie the update by plugging in the USB/HDD after booting up my console...worked like a charm :)

Also the kinect should also be plugged in while applying this update...I did it without the kinect and the problem came up..then did it with kinect plugged in and it was smooth sailing

But there is still one minor problem that persists...after updating my kernel, I dont have any sound output through my HDMI port...the video is there but no sound...however when I connect through my component cable, the sound is fine...can anyone throw some light on this issue..I have tried changing my audio setting to digital stereo, dolby digital etc but doesnt seem to work :(

i renamed the folder from $$ystemUpdate to $ystemUpdate and again no message about update..

i even disabled noupdater from dashlaunch and still no popup message about update in NXE..

Is your USB stick formated as FAT32? Try booting straight into Metro dash by holding RB when you boot your console.