RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

Xbox 360 does not have wifi capability..i think you need an adapter for that.. I dont know much about the adapter cause i dont have it soo..

But i would highly recommend you try to get a wired connection..wired connection will always improve your online gaming.. Better connection better results...

Get an ethernet cable connect it to your xbox boom done internet on your xbox..

There are many tutorial on this topic how to set up system link... Just search it..you will find it..

Search for xxmoddedwarfarexx in youtube.. He produces one of the best noobfriendly tutorials...

On his channel you can also find how to set up link on your jtag/rgh

And also if you dont know about LiNK you are missing one of the best parts (imho) of having a jtag/rgh!

• Like 1

mine does have wifi but it just fails to connect . if i use an ethernet cable and connect to xbox live my rgh will not be affected right ??? 

Sorry my mistake.. I think newer models of xbox 360 is wifi capable..i am not talking about xbox live here..your xbox will be affected in some way or other in both cases(through wifi and ethernet cable).. I am just talking about playing on LiNK..

And i dont know why it fails to connect to your wifi network..

I tried the steps to update my kinect and avatar update but it didnt work i named the update as $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate stored them in a flash drive (Fat32) and pluged the drive in the xbox and nothing i tried launching a game (xex menu) but nothing.and when i try to disable noupdate in dashlaunche i cant find it

Try both folder names at the same time, and of course make sure it's the same version you have on your motherboard, or it won't work...

Also have the memory in at launch, it usually don't work to put it in while the machine is running... if it don't work still after that, try another usb memory (preferably another brand if possible)

Yes i tried putting two folders at the same time and tried pluging the usb at launch and i tried 6 other flash drives .ill keep trying :)

Of course, if you already have the data installed it won't show up either as it's not needed...

To know if you've got it installed, just boot to NXE and check if you can see your avatar, if you don't have one, try to set one, it'll then either show you the editor or tell you that you need to update (if memory serves me right about the last part)

Nope i checked my avater data is not installed i saw that when enabling noupdater in dachlaunche the update appears in other threads but when i checked mine it was already enabled . What should i do ????

I was looking at dashlaunche and was checking few things and this message popped up saying that my console just got banned what does that mean ?????

Your console had probably a connection to Xbox Live Network and has been banned from Microsoft, because you have offend against the user rules.

The update is still not showing up i tried everything on this thread but nothing . Any suggestions ? also should i leave noupdate enabled or should i disable it and should i update my kernal ?

The no update function should be disabled, otherwise you cant update your 360.

ok so my noupdater was enabled so i just disable it but how do i save it because when i restart the xbox and go to dashlaunch i find it enabled

Nvm i saved it but the update is not showing up

Your USB Stick is FAT32 formatted, you have $SystemUpdate renamed to $$ystemUpdate, and the Update is matching your RGH Kernel ?

And are you sure you updated your console successfully?

And also make sure the avatar update is intended for your kernel version..

• Like 2

Yes i checked everything but the update doesnt show up

Are you following swizzy's guide? This guide http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144?

Again make sure you are downloading the avatar update for your dash version...

If you are on the latest dash the the latest avatar update..

Maybe try doing the avatar update all over again? Maybe even different usb?

And i quote this from that same thread

[You MUST have a storage device connected to your console to store this part of the update on, that's why you have to do it manually, it cannot be included in the nand because it's to big... 100+MB of data don't fit within a 16MB flash ;)

Try a different USB Memory, some might not work as expected even tho they should... if all else fails:

Read the guide once more, follow it cloesly... if all else fails, ask a friend, or ask here... but please, doublecheck that you read ALL steps above first!!]

Ok here are the steps i followed : i grabbed a usb stick (FAT32) placed the update (17150) the same version as my kernal on and made another copie of it and named them $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate after that i plugged the kinect and pluged the usb and booted the xbox and nothing shows up after that i went to dashlaunched v3.14 and disabled noupdater and saved it to launch.ini and restarted the xbox and nothing i tried anathor usb and also no luck i tried launching a game also nothing . What should i do next ??

ok so i tried witg memory card and the update shows up when i click ok it says extracting but it stops halfway and this message shows up saying "cant process the update.if the problem persists . Go to www.xbox.com/support

Status Code :

42FE-0000-3000-0913-8007-045D

The no update function should be disabled, otherwise you cant update your 360.

Actually, all it does is change the name the kernel looks for from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate, and it's therefor still possible to update despite it being enabled, just you have to REALLY want to do so, it can't be done by accident (unless microsoft start putting out both on games)

ok so i tried witg memory card and the update shows up when i click ok it says extracting but it stops halfway and this message shows up saying "cant process the update.if the problem persists . Go to www.xbox.com/support

Status Code :

42FE-0000-3000-0913-8007-045D

That means you were trying to update with an update which is newer then your kernel... there's some blocks setup that prevent you from installing a retail update over your hacked kernel (if memory serves me right that's what that error means)

Just follow my tutorial on how to update your kernel, that MAY end up fixing your issues aswell, as it's quite possible what was used when you got 17150 was the unofficially patched kernel (meaning, not made by the xeBuild Team and made quickly followed by little to no testing before releasing it, all to be the first and to get back on xbox live asap)

Ok so i just update the kernel to the latest version using xebuild and the kinect and avatar date should be back ????