RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

Man I Have Installed The Avatar and kinect data on My kernal 17150 if I connect my kinect would it work without problems or it must Update

(Sorry If There Is any Problem In My language (English isn't My language)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :huh: )

You may have to re-install the 17150 Avatar data (as the kinect may need to be updated aswell)

It's quite enough to ask your question in 1 thread... if someone is going to answer your question, they'll do so in the first thread they read, not all 3...

Need some help guys. I updated my rgh to the latest dash 17849 & installed dashlaunch and all worked well with not issues until I got to trying to recover my avatars. I have the same microsoft update as my dash and I named it $$ystemUpdate and I also tried $SystemUpdate & my console refused to recognize either. I then deleted dashlaunch from my console and updated the dash again thru xell so that I could go straight to the metro dash. I inserted the usb stick with the same folder in it and my console still will not recognize the update. First time ever I have run into this issue. It has been quite a while since I updated my console since there really have been no good games released lately for the 360. I sure would appreciate some helpful input with this matter and suggestions on how to get my avatars back. Thank you very much

Ok nvm I finally got it but I had to format the usb stick and the update needed to be named $SystemUpdate I assume since I did not have dashlaunch installed but I got it up and running. Wooohooo

Thank you Swizzy for all your hard work and for your response much appreicated.

Hello everybody. I just want to share my strange experience with the install of kinect and avatar update.

After reading completely this thread and trying every single advice I still could not get the update window to popup. I have a 360 slim with Freestyle 3 installed. The strange thing was different behavior of XBOX based on which USB port i put the stick in. I have 3 USB ports back and 2 in the front. I only used back ones for this and the one which is closest to the middle wouldn't even recognize the stick. I used the one in the middle for all other times and for some strange reason the contents of the USB got renamed to some unreadable data with the letter | for folder. I didn't noticed this at first because I was formatting the USB(goes faster then deleting).

What helped me in the end is to put both copies of the update contents in to $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate, boot to FSD, go to original XBOX menu and THEN stick the USB in the port CLOSEST to the cover. Then I got the update working :baby: . Go figure.. Hope this helps someone with similar problems. 

What you are saying suggests there was some level of corruption done to the memory prior to using it, the ports don't matter for if it works or not, the usb stick however must:

1. Fit in the hole for the connector, some USB's don't work in the back due to the excess plastic around the connector causing them to not go in fully

2. Be FAT32 formatted and have MBR, GPT isn't supported...

I have a problem too!!! :(

What you are saying suggests there was some level of corruption done to the memory prior to using it, the ports don't matter for if it works or not, the usb stick however must:

1. Fit in the hole for the connector, some USB's don't work in the back due to the excess plastic around the connector causing them to not go in fully

2. Be FAT32 formatted and have MBR, GPT isn't supported...

Hi Master Swizzy. As you may havent known, uve really helped me a lot from the first time i first stepped foot in modding my xbox 360. And I thank you alot for that.

So here's my deal again. I kinda bricked my xbox coz of bad flash and got error E 79 coz i mistook my box to be a jtagged one where in fact it's actually RGH 2.0 glitch 2 (I found this out later on after I fixed it). I was problematic, got me 3 days for thinking over what to do without soldering method something. So I decided to reflash it using the latest xebuild, and chose RGH instead of jtag (jtag one which bricked my x360 ) and reflashed it since xell boot was still working. And boom, luckily it worked like a charm. But my problem now is, after the update, obviously my avatars gone dead and white, kinect not working and asking for an update instead, so I followed the TUTs on how to solve it.

Downloaded system update build 17489 (my kernel version is the same btw as the systemupdate)

Put it in the root of a Fat 32 usb stick

Plugged it in my x360

Booted it up

But then, after the FSD loaded, nothing happened. The same FSD screen is still popping. No update found etc spotted.

I have FSD 3 and Dashlaunch 3.12 (548 - dont know what these stand for).

So my main question is, do I have to disable FSD on boot up to make things work?

And if it aint necessary, then what else could be my problem.

Thanks in advance again master SWIZZ :(((((

-wish i coulda donate,.. oh well once I get a job that it ;)) -

FSD isn't one of the titles that triggers the update, try booting a game, personally i always use XEXMenu 1.1 to trigger the update

You may also need it to be $$ystemUpdate, the best way is to have both $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate at the same time, this won't cause a problem, but means you'll be testing both methods at the same time...

Please help.

Ok i got a used slim 4gb NO hdd 360 and someone did the rgh for me but he installed FSD on a usb

The thing is , that he doesn't know how to install the kinect on it.

this 360 is supposed to be a gift to my niece and she wants to play kinect games on it.

here is what i have done so far.

I got a hold of a laptop hdd and formatted it using the original dashboard , and then i transferred Aurora from a usb to the internal hdd and edit the ini to boot from hdd

[QuickLaunchButtons]
Default = Hdd:\aurora\Aurora.xex

This is the beginning of the ini and the 360 boots to Aurora fine.

i created a folder on the internal hdd and name it Ganes, and i have transferred some NON kinect games to it and they boot fine.

But now i want to try a kinect game (michael jackson the experience)

The xbox is on 2.0.17349.0 Dashboard.

What would be the procedure to run this game ? i haven't try it because i'm picking up the game in 2 days(a friend is lending the game to me so  can rip it) but from what i have been reading , kinect games doesn't work by default on a rgh 360?

i connected the kinect(on original dashboard) and it asked me for an update.

I haven't done a rgh by my self, but i can follow instructions, would it be hard to do this?

TY

BTW the 360 doesn't turn of from FSD or Aurora, but it does turn off from original dash, why is that?

Please help.

Ok i got a used slim 4gb NO hdd 360 and someone did the rgh for me but he installed FSD on a usb

The thing is , that he doesn't know how to install the kinect on it.

this 360 is supposed to be a gift to my niece and she wants to play kinect games on it.

here is what i have done so far.

I got a hold of a laptop hdd and formatted it using the original dashboard , and then i transferred Aurora from a usb to the internal hdd and edit the ini to boot from hdd

[QuickLaunchButtons]

Default = Hdd:\aurora\Aurora.xex

This is the beginning of the ini and the 360 boots to Aurora fine.

i created a folder on the internal hdd and name it Ganes, and i have transferred some NON kinect games to it and they boot fine.

But now i want to try a kinect game (michael jackson the experience)

The xbox is on 2.0.17349.0 Dashboard.

What would be the procedure to run this game ? i haven't try it because i'm picking up the game in 2 days(a friend is lending the game to me so  can rip it) but from what i have been reading , kinect games doesn't work by default on a rgh 360?

i connected the kinect(on original dashboard) and it asked me for an update.

I haven't done a rgh by my self, but i can follow instructions, would it be hard to do this?

TY

BTW the 360 doesn't turn of from FSD or Aurora, but it does turn off from original dash, why is that?

So, you have 2 problems, lets start with the first one:

Read the first post in this thread, Bl4k3y explains there how to install the Avatar/Kinect data, however... you should download the update from GXArena, check the top of this page for a link to that site (you need to download 17349), you need to rename the folder in the zip to $$ystemUpdate unless you disabled "noupdater" in the ini

The turn off issues, what's the symptoms you have? is it just turning off the image but have the fans still spinning for a bit and blinking? if so, it's some of the settings... check for a setting in NXE (default dash) relating to background downloads

My kinect sensor stopped working and all avatars disappeared after the hdd upgrade. I found a system update matching my dashboard, put it on USB drive renamed, but the system didn't want to catch it up. Weird thing is that it worked after I started Dashlaunch.

Thanks to this instruction anyway!

Am having a problem . I got my xbox flashed and i cant play kinect any more i looked at other threads but i cant seem to understand am new to xbox modding so if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it . :)

hi guys i have an xbox 360 s 4gb with kinect i got it flashed but when i use kinect it tells me i need to update i looked at many threads but i couldnt understand am new to xbox modding so if anyone can help me in a simple way i would really appreciate

You have read the first page of this Thread ?

yes i have but i couldnt understand if you can explain it it would be very helpfull

Check out your current installed RGH Dashboard version on your 360 and download the same (retail) update. It is important that the installed RGH Dashboard on your 360, is matching the Systenupdate number that you want installed.

As an example:

If your installed RGH Image on your 360 is 17502, you have to download and install the same 17502 Update.

• Like 1

My dashboard version is 17150 . So i should download the update and put it on a usb . Then plug the usb in the xbox ???

If your installed RGH Dashboard is 17150, you have to download the 17150 Update, to get your Avatar & Kinect Data back. But it would be better, you create a new fresh 17502 RGH Image for your Xbox 360 RGH, because your current installed 17150 RGH Dashboard on your Xbox 360 is outdated.

• Like 1

so i just extract the update and put it on my flash drive the plug it in the xbox while the kinect is connected and the update should pop up ?

so i just extract the update and put it on my flash drive the plug it in the xbox while the kinect is connected and the update should pop up ?

Extract the update, plug it in to your console, boot it... then it should popup yes, if not, try launching a game or something...

The USB has to be FAT32, and the update should be something like this:

x:\$SystemUpdate\su_...

Ok . I will try this methode and do i have to boot to fsd or just the normal xbox dashboard ? Also i saw this tut on how to fix the xbox live while connecting to the internet without any stealth service and iknow that you do not encourage getting online with hacked consoles but if i connect to xbox live will my rgh be damaged and my games be deleted or no ???

Ok . I will try this methode and do i have to boot to fsd or just the normal xbox dashboard ? Also i saw this tut on how to fix the xbox live while connecting to the internet without any stealth service and iknow that you do not encourage getting online with hacked consoles but if i connect to xbox live will my rgh be damaged and my games be deleted or no ???

DONT CONNECT TO LIVE!!.. You will get insta ban ... Waste of money...rather play on LiNK!!..there is no way for you to play on XBL without stealth ... If you read the forums this has been told a million times..so why ask again and again?

And what do you mean by "how to fix the xbox live while connecting to the internet without any stealth service"

• Like 1

I didnt really look at other threads About connecting to xbl . And by fixing the xbl connection i mean when itry to connecte to my wifi it tells me connection failed . And what is this link thing . Is it free ????

I didnt really look at other threads About connecting to xbl . And by fixing the xbl connection i mean when itry to connecte to my wifi it tells me connection failed . And what is this link thing . Is it free ????

You don't need to launch anything specific for the update... although, FSD/Aurora don't trigger the update (in general)

LiNK is free yes, it's System Link over Internet, pretty cool actually =) check some threads on here, you'll find plenty about it :D

You don't have to worry about that failure, it's failing to connect to XBL correct? that doesn't matter... it should still be connected to your Wifi regardless