RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

I have RGH 16547 and LT 3.0

If I do this it will ruin my LT 3.0?

No, this will NOT effect your DVD Drive

been stuck doing all this loop just to update avatar..for me the only way is just connect the usb and the latest dashlaunch in your xbox and boom avatar update is done

been stuck doing all this loop just to update avatar..for me the only way is just connect the usb and the latest dashlaunch in your xbox and boom avatar update is done

On the 16k+ dashboards you need to launch something to trigger the update, other then that it's all the same as before ;)

@Swizzy ,, I am not getting your point. plzz elaborate.

Start a game, fsd or whatever to make the update request appear

hi guys, i try to updated my xbox 360 slim (trinity) using xe build. after finish nand flashing kinect no longer works..It show a system update is required to use kinect. To get the update, sign to xbox live . before this my dash is 16203 now i have update it to 16756. Another thing happens which is my FSD V2.2  missing,  no longer able to use FSD. it only works when i used FSD from USB stick. Pulled out the USB no FSD. sorry guys i"m new to xbox..

what about people who are already on the latest dash?

What about them? You shouldn't have 16756 on a rgh/jtag as nothing has been officially released that supports that yet, if you have that i'd recommend going back to 16747...

You can install older avatar data over the latest ones without any issues...

so if i follow the same process on next update will my avatar data will be intact after updating with  $$ystemUpdate? cuz before this tutorial i have been playing with ghost avatar  :unsure:

so if i follow the same process on next update will my avatar data will be intact after updating with  $$ystemUpdate? cuz before this tutorial i have been playing with ghost avatar  :unsure:

If you follow the instructions in this tutorial and use the correct $SystemUpdate folder (correct version) or $$ystemUpdate if you use dashlaunch blocking... yes, your avatars will come back...

hello i ve got dashboard xbox 360 16547 will the newer version update work ???? and if i need the same file version where couldi get it from

hello i ve got dashboard xbox 360 16547 will the newer version update work ???? and if i need the same file version where couldi get it from

Yes, it's the same method as always even on 16756... you can get them all from http://www.gxarena.com/Firmwares/Xbox360/ or http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/

Hello there.

You helped a lot of people, so hopefully you will help me too :)

Here's what I did:

Downloaded a file from here corresponding with the number I got from my console settings (16547).

Did everything regarding renaming ,rooting and booting.

For a brief moment, the console was displaying letters HTTP and what seemed as updates being processed.

After this "update" was over, there was no effect regarding my kinect.

So, what should I do?

Hello there.

You helped a lot of people, so hopefully you will help me too :)

Here's what I did:

Downloaded a file from here corresponding with the number I got from my console settings (16547).

Did everything regarding renaming ,rooting and booting.

For a brief moment, the console was displaying letters HTTP and what seemed as updates being processed.

After this "update" was over, there was no effect regarding my kinect.

So, what should I do?

Do you get a dialog saying you need to update your Kinect or something like that? do you not have your avatars visuable?

If you answered no to both questions, there's nothing you need to do, things should work...

if it was showing HTTP, are you sure you were booting into the normal dash etc. and then trying the system update......

As posted in the first post of this thread then.......

IF YOU SEE THIS DO NOT APPLY THE UPDATE.

28tywr9.jpg

This is what your looking for.....

6hj055.jpg

if it was showing HTTP, are you sure you were booting into the normal dash etc. and then trying the system update......

As posted in the first post of this thread then.......

IF YOU SEE THIS DO NOT APPLY THE UPDATE.

28tywr9.jpg

This is what your looking for.....

6hj055.jpg

That first request there comes when you put in a usb stick with an update on it after launching a game or so... it's safe to accept that aswell...

really......... ?  :baby: you'd have had to update your jtag though the old fashion way ?

?? well, when you install the avatar stuff it's ok to accept any of those... the only thing is that you should unplug the network cable and not have a game disc with a newer update in the dvd drive... that way you're safe...

When the message don't appear even while the folders are correct it's ussually because one or more files are missing, you're trying to install the wrong version (older then the one you currently have) or you already have it installed

And no, i'm not meaning YOU as in datastream, i'm meaning whoever is having the problem...

• Like 1

aha, i see.... :)

simple is to update your jtag though and then worry about the avatars after that. 

just didn't want people putting the latest update on a USB and going ahead with it, blowing their fuses.  

aha, i see.... :)

simple is to update your jtag though and then worry about the avatars after that. 

just didn't want people putting the latest update on a USB and going ahead with it, blowing their fuses.

With the modern Dashlaunch versions the updates don't work when you try to install a newer version... i don't know when it occured... but... i noticed it a while back while at work, accidently trying to update to a newer version...