RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

OK, so you have updated your xell and you have updated your dashlaunch, so download the official system update 16537 and rename the folder to $$ystemUpdate and then put that in your machine and see if that updates....do it in your metro dashboard not FSD. 

OK, so you have updated your xell and you have updated your dashlaunch, so download the official system update 16537 and rename the folder to $$ystemUpdate and then put that in your machine and see if that updates....do it in your metro dashboard not FSD. 

Okay I downloaded the official systemupdate, I checked again for my current dashboard ( 2.0.16537.0 ) and tried to startup with holding RB to get in the metro dashboard.

i do not get in the metro dashboard it just starts on to freestyle?? then i go to filemanager then to flash and ther I start the dashboars so i am in metro I think.

The usbstick in the machine with the renamed file but no luck? also not with a original kinect game in the the drive . So maybe I should flash again??

or do you have a better solution?

when FSD boots up then press the middle button and go to system settings, this will take you to stock dashboard...then put the USB stick that you formatted (FAT32) into the machine.... you have un-rared it haven't you....and it's still not a zip file (Sorry got to ask..!)

make sure you have spelt it exactly as $$ystemUpdate (capital U) 

when FSD boots up then press the middle button and go to system settings, this will take you to stock dashboard...then put the USB stick that you formatted (FAT32) into the machine.... you have un-rared it haven't you....and it's still not a zip file (Sorry got to ask..!)

make sure you have spelt it exactly as $$ystemUpdate (capital U) 

I only can go to the stock dashboard with the filemanager/flash/default.xex and then I put in the usbstick. It says there is a new harddrive/usbstick and further nothing.

I also have installed dashlaunch ( lates from here ) 

I do not know what is wrong with it.

I have unzipped the file ofcourse and renamed it exactly like you write it

check in dashlaucnh that "no updater" is set to enabled...for the $$ytemUpdate

It is

I also tried with both $$ystemUpdate and $SystemUpdate in the root but nothing. Only is a notification at the start up that my kinect needs an update go to xbox live etc blabla bla but that does not work when I press okay so I do not know what is wrong 

Try $SystemUpdate but if that option is in the dashlaunch $$ystemUpdate should of worked..

Copy the contents to the USB stick and make 2 folders, one called $$ystemUpdate and one called $SystemUpdate, then put that in your machine when you boot, then try starting a game, make sure your kinnect is attached. (It's best to go into stock dashboard for the update but see if that works)

sent from my iphone5 

Okay, I bought a new stick today just to try but strange  enough I started tonight with my old stick in and yes there it cam the update!

My avatars are back but my kinect still n eeds an update wich does not come????

I tried with the folders you named in your post on my new stick but all it keeps telling is that it needs an update strange enough all of a sudden in dutch??

I am almost there but pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff the way is hard and long. Any suggestions??

My avatars are back but my kinect still n eeds an update wich does not come????

Run the same update again with the Kinect sensor connected to your console.

The problem was the wire between the kinect sensor and the Xbox360, probably a bad connection  or so, I changed the cable to the backside of the box and now the update is running, should it be in the back???

It always worked in the front connector.

Thanks for all the help!!!! Great forum overhere and a lot of patience all the way!!!!

Thanks again and now I can finaly play I think!!!  I tested all and finetuned my kinect it is supurb.

Si next time  the xbox must be disconected from the power for several minutes ( in my case it was a totall day ) then reconect and the update starts and then ofcourse your kinect must be connected with the right wire or on the back as in my case.

I am very greatfull!

@BL4K3Y i do not understand this one thing

Step 1 
Download the USB system update from here (remember to check that the system update you download matches your JTAG/RGH kernel version - go to System Settings>Console Settings>System Info and read where it says Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your current dashboard/kernel version).

but when i click "here" it simply downloads the update file how can i check it with the gtag version or someting ?

my system info is as follows 

dashboard - 2.0.16537.0 

2> i tried fowwing your step with the file from the "here" link and then i see the first screenshot update logo  which you told not to accept so what to do then ? as it then takes you to the main screen of your xbox !! HELP !! 

I've had a JTAG Xbox for a while and just got a kinect for Christmas. I'm on dash 16203 and have already run the official update to allow avatar support months ago. I've tried everything in the first post to try to get my Xbox to run the official update again to enable kinect support, but it seems like everything I try including going into FSD to delete files from SysExt  leaves me with the same message from my Xbox which is that the "device requires an update" when my kinect is plugged in. I haven't accepted the update since I didn't know if it would mess up my JTAG. Is this a normal message the first time a kinect is plugged in, or is there something else I should try to get it working? 

Thanks

Hello guys...Its a headache. I tried everything in this forum and even in other forums too.
But the update pop up wont come out. it's very frustrating.
Im on kernel 2.0.16537.0 and im running freestyle 3 dashboard..
im trying to update the kinect and my avatar..but up till today i couldnt find any solution.
i've checked the update file and it matches the kernal.
i tried updating through the metro dashboard by holding the RB button once i turn on the console.
I even tried going into DashLauncher while the USB sticked into the console..
the usb was already formatted to FAT32...
and yes.. i did plugged in the kinect all the time i was doing all this.
None of the above works. Please guys.. Help me  :hmm:

Ps; but i do notice that if i access the metro dash using the RB button...there's no notification of the usb has been plugged in or out. however if i load up the f3 first and then use the home button (y button then quickly hold RB), it does give a notification..both if i plugged in n out the usb...thats weird.

Just to let you know guys, I have changed the link in the OP temporarily to grab the 16537 update from my DropBox folder.

I have done this because M$ are now pushing update version 16547 (the original link grabs the update directly from M$) and we don't need to use that just yet ;).

Just to let you know guys, I have changed the link in the OP temporarily to grab the 16537 update from my DropBox folder. I have done this because M$ are now pushing update version 16547 (the original link grabs the update directly from M$) and we don't need to use that just yet ;).

you should use homebrew-connection :)http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/dl_%24SystemUpdate_16537.zip <--- 16537

Need a spot of help here. ive bought a bigger hdd and Im trying to get my avatars to show up. My dash is 16537 and I made sure I downloaded the correct update. However when I inserted my flashdrive, nothing happened. Need a memory jog with this. Thanks in advance guys

Need a spot of help here. ive bought a bigger hdd and Im trying to get my avatars to show up. My dash is 16537 and I made sure I downloaded the correct update. However when I inserted my flashdrive, nothing happened. Need a memory jog with this. Thanks in advance guys

Use the XeBuild Update Mode to update the console to 16547 and it will install this data for you if the 16547 $systemupdate folder is present in XeBuild's 16547 folder.

check if "noupdater" is set to false (if so; the folder name should be "$systemupdate" otherwise it should be "$$ystemupdate" and try to start a game or something to trigger the update...

check if "noupdater" is set to false (if so; the folder name should be "$systemupdate" otherwise it should be "$$ystemupdate" and try to start a game or something to trigger the update...

Nothing happens. 

Nothing happens.

And you are sure you don't already have the avatar data installed? and also that the avatar data files you're trying to install belong to the correct kernel version you're on?

if you're not sure about the later, try grabbing the correct version from here: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/

• Like 1