RealModScene
BL4K3Y

How to Install Avatar & Kinect Data on a JTAG/RGH Console

hello

i am on 16202 and latest dashboard and dashlaunch and i tried every thing but didnt work

i tried to change the name to $$ystemupdate and put it on the root of a fat32 formatted pen drive i tried to boot with the drive connected to the console doesnt work goes straight to fsd 3,and i tried to put it in the official dashboard(ms or whatever) still no luck.

does this update work for 16202 ?

ps: i wanted to install the avatars because i read somewhere that it would fix the fatal crash intercepted in black ops 2 while trying to join a game in link if theres any other way to fix that crash please help.

any help woulld be greatly appreciated !

The 16203 update won't work on the 16202 kernel (it will attempt to perform a full dashboard update which you don't want).

Update your JTAG/glitch image to 16203 and try running the 16203 update again.

Before you can use LiNK, system update data must be installed.

I did update the dashboard and then added Dashlaunch & F3 after I installed the update and everything works (avatars and kinect)

These tutorials are explained very well for anyone.  :thumbsup:

The 16203 update won't work on the 16202 kernel (it will attempt to perform a full dashboard update which you don't want).

Update your JTAG/glitch image to 16203 and try running the 16203 update again.

Before you can use LiNK, system update data must be installed.

yeah i didnt update but i installed the avatar update for 16202 and changed the name to $$ystemupdate and plugged the usb in and it worked i have installed the update the right message appears and everything but if i unplug the usb from the xbox the changes would not stay the avatars would go away

ps: link works on 16202 and everything and the update worked but if i unplug the usb that has the usb that has the $$ystemupdate folder the avatars would go away

any help would be very much appreciated! :) :) :D

yeah i didnt update but i installed the avatar update for 16202 and changed the name to $$ystemupdate and plugged the usb in and it worked i have installed the update the right message appears and everything but if i unplug the usb from the xbox the changes would not stay the avatars would go away

ps: link works on 16202 and everything and the update worked but if i unplug the usb that has the usb that has the $$ystemupdate folder the avatars would go away

any help would be very much appreciated! :) :) :D

Update your JTAG/RGH kernel to 16203 and then run the update.

The link in my OP will download the latest available system update.

1- I named folder $$ystemupdate2- My kernel is 162033- I inserted USB before booting4- There isn't any folder named SysextBut Xbox doesn't updating. Any menu doesn't come at startup.

hay guys im getting this problem when trying to update the avatar

Update Failed
cant process the update

Status Code
3F4B-0000-3000-0902-8007-045d

Any Suggestions? thanks

rename to $SystemUpdate and go into metro and then place the USB in.

this should be added on the tutorial... it was the only way that worked for me

really appreciate it :)

and also thanks for the tutorial ^^

this should be added on the tutorial... it was the only way that worked for me

I already put that in the tutorial at the bottom.

thanks boss this guide was helpful for showing the screenshot the second one i had and was worried till i read your guide. 

Hi Guys , I have the 16203 Kernal ! . And the console is not picking up the update for me. Tried putting the 2 named folders on the root of the drive but to no avail. Also launched a game and it also did`nt picked it up . Can someone please help me out here ?

Please keep in mind that i do not have a kinect , i am just trying to play via system link and i have been told that this update is required for that 

Edit : Never mind . It worked :)

i see that alot of people rename $systemupdate to $$ystemupdate or $$ystemUpdate. (tried all these but didnt work for me)

not sure if it is different on every system.( find that hard to believe)

i run kernel 2.0.16537.0 and Freestyle 3 3.0b Rev775

• what i did is put the $systemupdate on a fat32 formatted drive.
  • rename $systemupdate to $Systemupdate (watch the capital S )
  • boot xbox into dashboard ( hold RB )
  • put the usb stick in your xbox and the update screen poped up.

just wanted to share this with you all. and maybe it will work for those who cant get it to work.

The latest version of XeBuild and UPDSERV automatically installs system update data to HDD1, so this tutorial is pretty much redundant now.

The latest version of XeBuild and UPDSERV automatically installs system update data to HDD1, so this tutorial is pretty much redundant now.

true and not true. i just replace my xbox hard drive and tried to get this update on my new hard drive. i used the the XeBuild with UPDSERV again but i didnt work. i tried it 4 times. at the point that XeBuild sends the data from the 16537 map my xbox reboots. and i didnt see any option to send just the data. so i had ti use this tutorial again wich helped me greatly.

I did that , update completed successfully, but no avatar data got tranferred!

I have a corona 4GB(internal MU) , with a usb external hdd  (32GB usbmu + 300GB fat32 partition). My profile is on usbmu.

Now im on 16537. How to procede?

I did that , update completed successfully, but no avatar data got tranferred!

I have a corona 4GB(internal MU) , with a usb external hdd  (32GB usbmu + 300GB fat32 partition). My profile is on usbmu.

Now im on 16537. How to procede?

System update data will only be installed to HDD1 (an internal HDD) as far as I know.

You can also follow this tutorial to manually install Avatars and Kinect data.

How to install manually avatar and kinect data?

step 1: read carefully the first post of this thread step 2: ????step 3: your avatar and kinect data are fully updated. enjoy!
  • Like 1

Which JTAG/RGH kernel is your console currently running?I'm sure DashLaunch now prevents you from applying a system update newer than the current kernel version.

I tried every possible way to update my console with the tutorial overhere but nothing works, I tried several usb stick a harddisk, metro startup, freestyle etc. It says it need an update for kinect and that is true because it is not working but then the message disapear en the freestyledash starts so no update. I renamed the file wich I downloaded overhere en the dashversion is okay with mine so what can I try to get my kinect working?

I hope someone has a clear answer to my problem.

so you created a nand with 16537 and have a freshly formated FAT32 USB stick with it on... and you're booting into xell (using eject) what colour is your xell.....black or blue, this is quite an old post now, I would presume you haven't updated your kernel...what stock dashboard are you on..

so you created a nand with 16537 and have a freshly formated FAT32 USB stick with it on... and you're booting into xell (using eject) what colour is your xell.....black or blue, this is quite an old post now, I would presume you haven't updated your kernel...what stock dashboard are you on..

Was your answer ment for me?

I think I quoted the wrong post, I ment I have a problem with my avatars and kinetic since the last update I did with rawflash 4 after I had the booting problem.

I think you helped me very good that time 

So now I have again a problem but not as serious as the booting problem.

My kinect will not work because it needs an update. My dash is the latest 16537 and I made a fresh fat 32  stick with the update on it.

i tried it in freestyle and in metro but both no succes.

My xell is an older one it is black