RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
bloodykean

After update to 16756 DashLaunch 3.12 don't work anymore

Hello!

After i updated the console from 16747 to 16756 dashboard, the DashLaunch isn't working anymore. I can get to FSD through the "stock" dash NXE and the games are working normal (XBLA, Games, etc.), even FTP is working from FSD. XeXMenu is working to. But everytime i power up the console is going to default dashboard.

I also get into the DashLaunch installer. But the setting are not showing (are blank - not "none" or something:) and when i wish to change anything the DashLaunch installer freezes and i have to reboot the console. The Launch.ini is on drive HDD. I have read the crashlog from DashLaunch and is saying that it cannot access the virtual drive for some reason. In the settings i also cannot uninstall DashLaunch or anything like that. Only two options are there ("Launch" and "install to drive"), "Uninstall" and "Unload" are grey and cannot be selected. I also tried to change Launch.ini from the computer and loaded back to the drive, but nothing helps :( .

I realized that the DashLaunch 3.12 is not compatible with 16756. I've read this in the changelog readme, but it was to late for that. What can i do in this situation? Can i downgrade to 16747 from 16756? Or i have to wait that the new DashLaunch 3.13 is out?  Or is there another method to fix this? 

Thank you for your answers.

I have a jasper jtag (not RGH) and i can put whatever dash i want installed.

Thank you for your answer. But i have a Trinity board. I thought also that DashLaunch version doesn't matter at all, but i have been mistaken :) My bad! :)

Thank you for your answer. But i have a Trinity board. I thought also that DashLaunch version doesn't matter at all, but i have been mistaken :) My bad! :)

when you reflash to an older dash just revert DL, problem solved :)

Hello! Me again!

I reflashed the console to 16747 and DashLaunch is working again! Thank you for your answer.

From now on i'm a bit more careful when to flash. I will wait for a new version of DashLaunch that will work with 16756 version.

Maybe i have another question for you guys. Has someone some recommendation with the DashLaunch settings. what to enable and what not, for some optimal setting? Are the default settings in info_launch.ini also optimal?

Thank you again.

It all depends on your preferences, the default settings are "fail-safe" for the most part, the network blocking settings do cause issues when they're enabled (mostly with downloading covers and such in FSD) but other then that, they're made to be safe and not cause problems with games and such...

Some settings don't really effect games much, others can cause serious issues... for instance, the contpatch setting can cause XBLA/DLC not to work, and the fakelive/autofake settings can cause games to not work (or work depending on how they're done)

the pingpatch is one thing that is very common to enable, especially if you're going to use LiNK

Hello what if I have a Corona style motherboard. Will the downgrade method still work if I plan on using an online service?

Downgrading ALWAYS work, no matter what motherboard you have...

As long as you have your CPUKey and don't go below the version which supports your motherboard (hacked) it'll work just fine ;)

I rode an amendment to auto gg to update the dashboard 16756 and some consoles have taken the dashlauch 3.12 and sometimes not, but I also miss a modification of xeBuild gui program to update and dashboard 16756 to this if I run the dashlauch 3.12 in all and miss but again not the daslauch 3.12 running xeBuild gui very rare and not run!

yo he echo una modificacion al auto gg  para actualizar con el dashboard 16756 y algunas consolas han corrido el dashlauch 3.12 y otras no, pero tambien he echo una modificacion del programa xebuild gui para actualizar a dashboard 16756 y con este si me a corrido el dashlauch 3.12 en todas pero e echo de nuevo las que no corrian el daslauch 3.12 con xebuild gui y a corrido muy raro no!!

1_zps2fbce70a.jpg

2_zpsa76eeaf9.jpg

3_zpsf1275181.jpg

I rode an amendment to auto gg to update the dashboard 16756 and some consoles have taken the dashlauch 3.12 and sometimes not, but I also miss a modification of xeBuild gui program to update and dashboard 16756 to this if I run the dashlauch 3.12 in all and miss but again not the daslauch 3.12 running xeBuild gui very rare and not run!

yo he echo una modificacion al auto gg  para actualizar con el dashboard 16756 y algunas consolas han corrido el dashlauch 3.12 y otras no, pero tambien he echo una modificacion del programa xebuild gui para actualizar a dashboard 16756 y con este si me a corrido el dashlauch 3.12 en todas pero e echo de nuevo las que no corrian el daslauch 3.12 con xebuild gui y a corrido muy raro no!!

1_zps2fbce70a.jpg

2_zpsa76eeaf9.jpg

3_zpsf1275181.jpg

xeBuild GUI will only be officially updated once xeBuild and dashlaunch are updated...

Those screenshots don't really show much as you can run the installer just fine (the installer works on any dashboard) dashlaunch itself doesn't support 16756 tho ;)

ajajaja works for me very well with 3.12 dashlauch to link pluguin  :thumbup:   

You're a great, friend, all credits to you  :clap:

ajajaja a mi me funciona muy bien con el dashlauch 3.12 hasta el pluguin link  :thumbup:

eres grande, amigo, todos los creditos a ti :clap:

I'm having the same issue with a Trinity MB RGH console. Every since flashing my NAND for a second time, DashLaunch does not load and when opening the installer it says the Kernel is not supported. I had DashLaunch working just fine on 16756 before flashing for a second time. I feel like I have tried everything to get it working again including changing the ini file, removing plugins, reinstalling dashlaunch and reflashing the NAND entirely.

Can anyone offer some insight to what the problem might be? I'm not one to give up!

Something I haven't tried is flashing the NAND back to 16747 and trying to update again...

How can I tell the dash version of a NAND dump so I use the right one?

Is it necessary I write my 16747 NAND to downgrade? Or can I dump my current NAND, change the Dash version in xeBuild and rewrite?

I'm having the same issue with a Trinity MB RGH console. Every since flashing my NAND for a second time, DashLaunch does not load and when opening the installer it says the Kernel is not supported. I had DashLaunch working just fine on 16756 before flashing for a second time. I feel like I have tried everything to get it working again including changing the ini file, removing plugins, reinstalling dashlaunch and reflashing the NAND entirely.

Can anyone offer some insight to what the problem might be? I'm not one to give up!

Something I haven't tried is flashing the NAND back to 16747 and trying to update again...

How can I tell the dash version of a NAND dump so I use the right one?

Is it necessary I write my 16747 NAND to downgrade? Or can I dump my current NAND, change the Dash version in xeBuild and rewrite?

The problem is as has been stated before Dashlaunch 3.12 does NOT support 16756... there is an unofficial mod circling about on the internet which does work on 16756, but it doesn't have the installer updated... just the launch.xex...

I've been using the 3.12 launch.xex from here that's been on my console since the last dash update and it works fine.

Just include dashlaunch in xebuild and flash the update, then use the old 3.12 xex to launch dashlaunch and make any changes to the launch.ini.

I've been using the 3.12 launch.xex from here that's been on my console since the last dash update and it works fine.

Just include dashlaunch in xebuild and flash the update, then use the old 3.12 xex to launch dashlaunch and make any changes to the launch.ini.

the original 3.12 launch.xex doesn't work on 16756, period... So, you are NOT using the "old" one, as it's incompatible... each dashlaunch version have the versions it supports hardcoded, if there's a mismatch it doesn't run...

the original 3.12 launch.xex doesn't work on 16756, period... So, you are NOT using the "old" one, as it's incompatible... each dashlaunch version have the versions it supports hardcoded, if there's a mismatch it doesn't run...

I'm using the default.xex inside the Installer folder, sorry.

I'm using the default.xex inside the Installer folder, sorry.

Yes, the installers always work, however if you install dashlaunch it will not work unless you have a compatible version... (the installation succeeds, but dashlaunch will not run)

Yes, the installers always work, however if you install dashlaunch it will not work unless you have a compatible version... (the installation succeeds, but dashlaunch will not run)

I installed the unofficial version of dashlaunch with the unofficial version of xebuild for the latest dash, and I've been using the installer to edit the launch.ini on the latest dash. Sorry, that's what I meant.

I need help with a couple things i had to downgrade to make dashlaunch work to add my plugins now i want to play live with stealth i would need help updating it! and it might be something i activated in dashlaunch but when i turn on my console i have to click eject r it shuts off

I need help with a couple things i had to downgrade to make dashlaunch work to add my plugins now i want to play live with stealth i would need help updating it! and it might be something i activated in dashlaunch but when i turn on my console i have to click eject r it shuts off

You'll have to ask the ppl over @ XBLSE for support with that... we don't offer support for ppl that wants to mess with Xbox Live (especially ppl that do that, and this means anyone using "Xbox Live Stealth" or anything like that)

You'll have to ask the ppl over @ XBLSE for support with that... we don't offer support for ppl that wants to mess with Xbox Live (especially ppl that do that, and this means anyone using "Xbox Live Stealth" or anything like that)

Ohh alright but do you know why it shuts of if i turn it on normally? when i click the power button it i have to click eeject or else when it loads it shuts down i was thinking maybe liveblocker or something like that in dash launch

Ohh alright but do you know why it shuts of if i turn it on normally? when i click the power button it i have to click eeject or else when it loads it shuts down i was thinking maybe liveblocker or something like that in dash launch

No idea what's up with that, but my guess would be a hardware fault somewhere...

if you have a previous dump somewhere, maybe try writing it back and see if the error stays...

So like a fool I didnt check to see if 3.12 was compatible with the latest dash on my Demon. Updated Live NAND and Live HDD, then updated Demon NAND.

Now, Id left my Network cable in and noticed that the time had been updated. 

Am I looking at a ban on the Live side as DL wasnt blocking it?

So like a fool I didnt check to see if 3.12 was compatible with the latest dash on my Demon. Updated Live NAND and Live HDD, then updated Demon NAND.

Now, Id left my Network cable in and noticed that the time had been updated. 

Am I looking at a ban on the Live side as DL wasnt blocking it?

you will know within the next 24h ;)