RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
PDAkiller1974

Two XBOX360 from LAN to LiNK...

Hi Guys!

We've got a problem. We have 2 XBOX360s, in different rooms :-) . We'd like to play via LiNK, with others.

The boxes are set up in fixed different IPs, different forwarded ports (paired with the right IPs), with different users name.

If we'd like to play with together (with others via LiNK) we can see the our and the others user names in the same room, but we can not see our host. 

(The Games are on the same TU levels and with the same DLCs, of course.)

So, what is the possible solution?

Thank You!

To play against each other on the LAN - you need to turn the link plugin off so that you can see each other on the LAN.

To play each other on link, online - you need a separate WAN IP address for each 360 - Not two separate Local IP's - as they use the same WAN IP. Basically you will need two separate internet connections (one for each 360) so that when you log into the link server, the link server knows what traffic to send and receive to each IP address.

To play against each other on the LAN - you need to turn the link plugin off so that you can see each other on the LAN.

To play each other on link, online - you need a separate WAN IP address for each 360 - Not two separate Local IP's - as they use the same WAN IP. Basically you will need two separate internet connections (one for each 360) so that when you log into the link server, the link server knows what traffic to send and receive to each IP address.

r u kidding me. i need to have 2 ISPs to play 2 freeboot xbox 360 on FSD 3 LiNK. well dam,, that sucks

r u kidding me. i need to have 2 ISPs to play 2 freeboot xbox 360 on FSD 3 LiNK. well dam,, that sucks

No, you don't... it should work with a single connection, however you have to use 2 different ports (obviously)

I have a single connection like many and am using 2 different ports forwarding to the 2 different boxes 

still no good, looks like what Mrdude is saying is correct ?

i cant get it to work on one of them with out using DMZ.. with ports setup on both routers. and on top of that i use WISP internet. i get internet from my apartment neighbor wireless. setup is.. cable modem. linksys router at apartment neighbor. on my side. i have a high power wireless WISP router static IPed in to the linksys router.. the WISP router is ran to a 24 port hub. 3 computer ip setup with 2 xbox ip setup and a wifi high power router for wireless in my apartment. i have one xbox on LiNK ports and ip setup with DMZ on both routers setup. ones i turn off DMZ i have 1/2 ports working. if u need router models. let me know. i would like to get both xboxs working on LiNK with my setup. ps for the record. i can not get internet any outer way so plz keep comments and any outer thing not helping on my current setup out of here. it is what it is. so plz only comment or post use full things here. thxs. way to much focking flaming Wars. i hop some one can help me out here   

Hi Guys!

We've got a problem. We have 2 XBOX360s, in different rooms :-) . We'd like to play via LiNK, with others.

The boxes are set up in fixed different IPs, different forwarded ports (paired with the right IPs), with different users name.

If we'd like to play with together (with others via LiNK) we can see the our and the others user names in the same room, but we can not see our host. 

(The Games are on the same TU levels and with the same DLCs, of course.)

So, what is the possible solution?

Thank You

Have you tested both data and broadcast ports on each xbox and they both pass?

If so it'll be down to your router...

I had the same problem and Swizzy explained the resons why you can't connect with certain routers, I changed mine to a Billion 7800 and both Xbox's on my network can connect to link and play against each other.....

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2526-please-suggest-a-suitable-router-for-link/#entry20011

Have you tested both data and broadcast ports on each xbox and they both pass?

If so it'll be down to your router...

I had the same problem and Swizzy explained the resons why you can't connect with certain routers, I changed mine to a Billion 7800 and both Xbox's on my network can connect to link and play against each other.....

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2526-please-suggest-a-suitable-router-for-link/#entry20011

here it is my fix IPs in LAN:

192.168.0.200 ports: TCP and UDP both: 30711, 30721

192.168.0.222 ports: TCP and UDP both: 30712, 30722

GW: 192.168.0.1

uPNP enabled.

These LAN IPs are out of DHCP scopes.

Is it possible, the games on the different xboxes tried to use the same upnp ports?

(example game: COD GHOSTS TU14, with all DLCs)

I have a single connection like many and am using 2 different ports forwarding to the 2 different boxes 

still no good, looks like what Mrdude is saying is correct ?

How are you testing things? and are you using 2 different accounts? (1 Account can't be used on 2 consoles at the same time)

Also, you cannot join a game hosted by the other console (you can both join the same game if someone else host it tho)

During the private tests of LiNK several of the guys that i was talking to had their kids playing together with the rest of us, some of them had multipile boxes but only a single internet connection... so, unless they changed the behaviour of it all it shouldn't be what he said... and quite frankly, what he said is pure bullshit when it comes to how networking works... the server can handle multipile connections from the same IP, it's quite common actually ;) and if you are using different ports it's not going to collide at all...

• Like 1

hi Swizzy

2 different accounts 

2 different ports forwarded to different xbox's

both of us can play the same game hosted by someone else

but I cannot join a game thats hosted on the other xbox and vice versa 

might be a router problem ?

Swizzy also want to add thanks for your quick response and guidance 

hi Swizzy

2 different accounts 

2 different ports forwarded to different xbox's

both of us can play the same game hosted by someone else

but I cannot join a game thats hosted on the other xbox and vice versa 

might be a router problem ?

Swizzy also want to add thanks for your quick response and guidance

This is kind of normal i'm afraid, it's part of how networking works... i can't say why, but it just don't work to play locally while also playing over LiNK =/

As you can both connect to other players hosted games it's working as it should... (it works the same as it did while we were testing if my memory serves me right)

BTW

If I want to play local on both boxes do I need to turn off the link patch

if so how do you do that.

Thanks

Yes, go to the settings menu in F3 and unload the F3 Plugin ;)