RealModScene
JPizzle

DashLaunch 3.04 - CIV hook fixed

================================================================================

ChangeLog

================================================================================

V3.04

- kinect health message block fixed for 16197

- updated polish translation (thanks Pelcu!)

- fix CIV hook issue, may break some titles that use CIV (a gamy Call of Decay: Body Odor 2 now works)

- lump updater version limit patch into noupdater option so it can be disabled

- improved installers ability to prevent install on unsupported kernels (including devkit and unsupported retail versions)

- installer will now only offer to update, if the embedded version is newer than currently running one

dash_launch_v3.04.zip

pizzle to get that dirty game to work for me i just iso2god and removed the old launch.

Are you saying with this update we just install and were good can anyone confirm that mulitplayer with bots works too?

i think is something i really need, is there a monkeyproof-tutorial / howto for the noobsters among us? (like me)

edit, is it enough to ftp the map installer to the hdd of the Xbox and via filemanager in F3 select the file default.xex?

Edited by sandeman11

yep just ftp the default.xex inside the installer folder and boot it to update.

i thought jtag/rgh was security free more or less.so was it some new code embedded in the game that originally stopped this playing with (the first game to ever do that) dashlaunch3.03?would love to know how this worked.

cheers to coz

All other games work fine with this version?

The change log does say that it could potentially "break" some CIV-checked games ("may break some titles that use CIV"), but other titles should boot and play fine ;).

i think is something i really need, is there a monkeyproof-tutorial / howto for the noobsters among us? (like me)

edit, is it enough to ftp the map installer to the hdd of the Xbox and via filemanager in F3 select the file default.xex?

Simply run the installer (default.xex) with XeXMenu or FSD/F3 and follow what you see on-screen.

i thought jtag/rgh was security free more or less.so was it some new code embedded in the game that originally stopped this playing with (the first game to ever do that) dashlaunch3.03?would love to know how this worked.

A JTAG/RGH system is region free and the majority of security checks are removed - this seems to be an issue with certain CIV-checked games (BLOPS 2 being one of them I believe).

• Like 1

Everything is working like a charm.

No issues in any game mod.

Thanx to c0z for this fix :D

• Like 1

The change log does say that it could potentially "break" some CIV-checked games ("may break some titles that use CIV"), but other titles should boot and play fine ;).

Simply run the installer (default.xex) with XeXMenu or FSD/F3 and follow what you see on-screen.

A JTAG/RGH system is region free and the majority of security checks are removed - this seems to be an issue with certain CIV-checked games (BLOPS 2 being one of them I believe).

is that you from Team Executer BL4K3Y?

thanks for answering the Above ;)

is that you from Team Executer BL4K3Y?

thanks for answering the Above ;)

Yes.

No problem - I help out when I can :).

Yes.

No problem - I help out when I can :).

So how's blops2 then bl4k3y:lol:

And to the person that asked does that dodgy avatar not give it away lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So how's blops2 then bl4k3y:lol:

And to the person that asked does that dodgy avatar not give it away lol

I wouldn't know as I haven't got it :).

I thought it was quite amusing, but it seems to be a very "fitting" avatar lol.

Lol nearly as amusing as your package the other day:p

I not updated my dash launch yet as I have not needed to everything been working as it should.

Tbh that's a game I be playing online so be original disk anyway. Never no where your popping up u be on my forum next and I'll be redundant:lol:

im a noob so please help, firstly i have a xbox 360 (250gb) slim it as glitch mod and been jtag not by me this was new dec 2011, i have a internal hd that the guy that did the mod installed some games, and i have added a external hd where i have been adding games by extracting using xbox backup creator and using xexmenu to run them . Ive 2 problems cant get cod bops 2 to work with my setup and also i cant run 2 disk games , from what ive read this new dash launch 3.04 will sort me out, can i copy the new launcher install onto my external hd and use xexmenu to run it , is that all i need to do are is there more?

Ive 2 problems cant get cod bops 2 to work with my setup and also i cant run 2 disk games , from what ive read this new dash launch 3.04 will sort me out, can i copy the new launcher install onto my external hd and use xexmenu to run it , is that all i need to do are is there more?

Run the DashLaunch 3.04 installer to install it on your console.

Let F3 handle your multiple-disc games.

Note that some games aren't really multiple discs as such, they are often DLC which must be placed in the Content/0000000000000000/Title ID/00000002 directory on the internal HDD.

The directory structure for letting F3 handle the swap is as follows:

GameName > Disc 1 > Disc 1 Files and GameName > Disc 2 > Disc 2 Files (GoD or extracted).

When the relevant disc is required, F3 will automatically select and load it - remember to move the "duplicate" game entry to "No Section" (Press Y, select Move Game and select No Section then rename GameName Disc 1 to GameName).

Note that if DashLaunch Disk Swapper is enabled, you will have issues - use one OR the other!

so i can copy the dashlauncher 3.04 install folder to my ext hd and just use xexmenu to run the installer default.hex and thats it ? whats F3

so i can copy the dashlauncher 3.04 install folder to my ext hd and just use xexmenu to run the installer default.hex and thats it ? whats F3

That is correct and F3 is FreeStyle 3 :).

I ws told on tx that dashlaunch must be updated with new 16197 image, is that correct or just updating dashlaunch will do? I am on 15574 and just preparing myself for retail dvd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

updating dashlaunch should be enough but i would suggest you always keep your FreeBOOT up to date.

so a question, as I am a noob to this. I put the entire dash folder (including Media, Plugins, and skins folders, as well as misc. files, like "default.exe" ad database.xmplr) on to an external drive, then plugged it in, and loaded up file manager in FS 2. from here, do I copy the entire folder into a specific location on the xbox's internal drive, or just the default.exe file? and then do I need to delete the older "Freestyle" folder after I have copied the new one and run default.exe?

sorry about all this, and thanks in advance!