RealModScene
GoJohnny

help, fsd does not boot after update dashlaunch

After updating dashlaunch from v3.11 tot 3.12, and updating the kernel to version 16747 (using xebuild 1.12) fsd 3 is not booting anymore.

Instead the xbox360 is starting in NXE, so i could not get into FSD using my PC.

After this i placed a ISO of XexMenu on a cd and started it in  XNE, then i went to the 'installer', which i had placed into  the 'emulators' map in FSD, and i loaded and started "default.xex". Now FSD3 started and everything seemed to be working fine. Using the large button on my controller i was able to restart in FSD3 aswell.

But when i turn off the xbox, and then start it again, the xbox starts with XNE again.

Please help, i don't know what to do anymore, excuse my poor English and being a noob to this.

You need to point the Default line in Launch.ini to FSD's Default.xex.

You can do this manually or set the path using the DashLaunch Installer.

For example: Default = Hdd:\FSD\Default.xex.

• Like 1

After updating dashlaunch from v3.11 tot 3.12, and updating the kernel to version 16747 (using xebuild 1.12) fsd 3 is not booting anymore.

Instead the xbox360 is starting in NXE, so i could not get into FSD using my PC.

After this i placed a ISO of XexMenu on a cd and started it in  XNE, then i went to the 'installer', which i had placed into  the 'emulators' map in FSD, and i loaded and started "default.xex". Now FSD3 started and everything seemed to be working fine. Using the large button on my controller i was able to restart in FSD3 aswell.

But when i turn off the xbox, and then start it again, the xbox starts with XNE again.

Please help, i don't know what to do anymore, excuse my poor English and being a noob to this.

If you ran the F3 installer and told it to install dashlaunch for you it actually downgraded dashlaunch and you need to re-install dashlaunch 3.12 manually, other then that, just point the default entry in a launch.ini to your f3 installation, and put it on your hdd so it's saved for future updates aswell ;)

• Like 1

thank you verry much for answering my question, i already thought it had to be something like that, but i have no clue of how to do this.

could you please explain this to me, in simple english. (our Dutch if you could)

thanks in advance.

Hello Experts,

I recently updated my RGH (Trinity) Xbox360 to Kernel "2.0.16767" (I used XeBUILD and this youtube guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v9d7jaGi4Q)

After the Kernel Update, I also applied the KINECT AVATAR UPDATE for 16767 to my XBOX so I can use Kinect again. (I followed this guide: http://www.xbox360iso.com/showpost.php?p=5251367&postcount=5)

I am using Freestyle Dash v3 dashboard, but after I updated my kernel to 6767... my XBOX now opens to the NXE Dash by default (official microsoft homescreen).

• I cannot open my Freestyle Dash anymore.
  • I dont have XEXmenu inside My Games of NXE Dash (I dont know how to install one) So now I can't explore the contents of my RGH XBOX. Previously I was only using the File Explorer that came in with Freestyle Dash to copy files to my XBOX HDD.
  • I also tried manually making a "launch.ini" file (see my launch.ini file below). I put the USB to my XBOX and then I turn it ON. But I still keep ending up in the official Microsoft NXE dashboard.

........fdy1pw.png

Not sure if this information helps:
But When I turn ON my xbox using EJECT button, I am still getting the XELL RELOADED screen, is there a way I can open Freestyle Dash via XELL Reloaded? I dont know what to do...

............i3f1xv.jpg

Please help...

Thank you in advance.

you need to flash back your dump made right before the update, then install 16747, dashlaunch doesn't officially support 16767, any version out there that does is a modified version which may or may not work as intended

you should read this guide: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/

Thanks Swizzy! I think the new game I'm trying to play requires Kernel 16767...

would you know if there's a work around so that I can play the 16767 required game when I roll back to 16747?

Thank you again!

Thanks Swizzy! I think the new game I'm trying to play requires Kernel 16767...

would you know if there's a work around so that I can play the 16767 required game when I roll back to 16747?

Thank you again!

Afaik there's no game that requires 16767, etheir way... i need to know which game you're wanting to play in order to answer this question, if it's Destiny or Titanfall forget about it, they require Xbox Live connection and thus cannot be played with a RGH/JTAG console

to revert to 16747 you just put your dumped nand on a usb stick formatted in FAT32 with the name "updflash.bin", booting XeLl will cause it to write this dump to your console =)

Afaik there's no game that requires 16767, etheir way... i need to know which game you're wanting to play in order to answer this question, if it's Destiny or Titanfall forget about it, they require Xbox Live connection and thus cannot be played with a RGH/JTAG console

to revert to 16747 you just put your dumped nand on a usb stick formatted in FAT32 with the name "updflash.bin", booting XeLl will cause it to write this dump to your console =)

Awesome! Thanks Swizzy! Actually I havent tried running the game yet, I just saw a post in X360iso that they had to update to 16767 to play the game.

Question though, I already installed the Kinect/Avatars update for Kernel 16767. Will this cause issues if I revert my KERNEL back to 16747?

I'm just weary because in the guide for Kinect Avatars update, they explicitly mentioned to "ensure" we will be loading the same Update ($systemupdate Files) for the specific Kernel that we have. Using the wrong $systemupdate files for another Kernel version will brick our console. So I'm wondering if it will cause bricking when done "the other way around", install a Lower version kernel when a Higher Version of Kinect/Avatars Update is already in my Xbox.

Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks Swizzy! Actually I havent tried running the game yet, I just saw a post in X360iso that they had to update to 16767 to play the game.

Question though, I already installed the Kinect/Avatars update for Kernel 16767. Will this cause issues if I revert my KERNEL back to 16747?

I'm just weary because in the guide for Kinect Avatars update, they explicitly mentioned to "ensure" we will be loading the same Update ($systemupdate Files) for the specific Kernel that we have. Using the wrong $systemupdate files for another Kernel version will brick our console. So I'm wondering if it will cause bricking when done "the other way around", install a Lower version kernel when a Higher Version of Kinect/Avatars Update is already in my Xbox.

Thanks!

Just re-install the 16747 update when you've reverted ;)

Just re-install the 16747 update when you've reverted ;)

Thanks Swizzy. So it means, everytime a new NAND is loaded to the XBOX, the Kinect/Avatar updates are removed as well?

Thanks Swizzy. So it means, everytime a new NAND is loaded to the XBOX, the Kinect/Avatar updates are removed as well?

No, when you shift kernel it won't load the files that are there for the old one (even if it's newer)