RealModScene
Anonymous

[Tutorial] Watch Dogs Installation

post-16724-0-95309000-1401037014_thumb.png

Game Data Contents is Located in Disc 1, Disc 2 is where the main game launches from.

Game is tested with the FIXED Version of the game in Extracted Format (.xex).

(Minimum Dashboard Version Required: v2.0.16537.0)

Instructions:

Copy the contents of installation1 and installation2 (Located in Disc 1) to the folder of Disc 2.

The Picture below shows the files and folders that should be in Disc 2 Afterwards:

post-16724-0-07860500-1401036948_thumb.png

Once done Copying the necessary contents to Disc 2, You may keep or delete Disc 1 to save space.

Launch the game with "game.xex".

FSD Users: Rename, Delete or backup the original default.xex file (For later use with Title Updates for Compatibility purposes) then rename "game.xex" to "default.xex" and launch it using FSD.

The Game should Not be used with an Internal Hard Drive if it causes cutscenes to be laggy to the point that you can't progress from the start of the game. A good example is to watch through the opening scene of a New Game and see if it lags.

*If it lags, Just play the game using an External Hard Drive.

The folder structure used is as follows:

Games \ Watch Dogs \ Disc 2 \ Extracted Files.

*The game runs fine with FSD and DashLaunch and has no problem so far.

Tested on:

XBOX 360 Slim 4GB trinity

RGH Glitch 2

Dash: 16747

FSD 3 rev 775

xexmenu

DashLaunch 3.12

sy2e4y3e.jpg

(This Tutorial May Apply To RGH/JTAG Users Only)

Here is my fb page

https://m.facebook.com/www.box360play.blogspot.in?_rdr

enjoy :thumbup::fun:

• Like 1

Do you have to transfer both iso files to your xbox hard drive before doing this procedure? Or do you have to turn them into GOD format first?

Do you have to transfer both iso files to your xbox hard drive before doing this procedure? Or do you have to turn them into xex format first?

first u need to convert xex format for this both iso in your pc afterthen doing this procedure

Do you have to transfer both iso files to your xbox hard drive before doing this procedure? Or do you have to turn them into GOD format first?

You never need to transfer your ISO files to the console (it cannot do anything with them anyways)

first u need to convert god format for this both iso in your pc afterthen doing this procedure

In the tutorial you write that you should extract the games to the XEX format (not convert to GOD) so, this is what should be done with both iso's

Use xbox backup creater Andthen extract your iso file

How do I turn them into xex formar?

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

How do I turn them into xex formar?

Use Exiso, ExisoGUI, Xbox Backup Creator, Xbox Image Browser or whatever Xbox 360 iso extractor of your choice which supports XGD3...

Thanks, I'll try those programs, the Xbox back up creator throws me a access denied error when I try to open the watch dog iso disc but it did work with other games I have on my pc. thanks 

May be your iso file is getting corrupted .check your iso via abgx 360

May be your iso file is getting corrupted .check your iso via abgx 360

That has nothing to do with the access, the access is most likely caused by the file beeing open in a different program while trying to load it...

This game must have been designed poorly. The complex release plays fine from disc and passes basic stealth. However upon trying to load disc 2 from either a XEX or GOD format then you get this screen-

dS5ZH5l9.jpeg

Disc 1 will install the video content as below-
disc 1 can be xex or god and simply installs
Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/555308B7/00000001/installation1  3.2 GB
Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/555308B7/00000001/installation2  3.6 GB

Once installed you don't need disc 1 anymore.

Luckily some clever spark realized you can play this game still in XEX format WITHOUT installing the video content to the internal Hdd Content folder. Here's how -

DIRTY DISC ERROR FIX ALL JTAG/RGH USERS PLEASE READ-

This is the only way for JTAG/RGH users to get this game to work.

Playing disc 2 as a god or xex and your get dirty disc error. The release is fine though
passes basic stealth in abgx.

1) Extract discs 1 and 2 of Watch Dogs (xex format)

2) Copy over the contents of installation1 and installation2 folders on disc 1 (not the folders
but the files/folders within) to the disc 2 folder.

3) Delete the default.xex on disc 2

4) Rename the game.xex to default.xex on disc 2

Folder should look as such. (You can delete the non english sound files if you don't need them)

RDoNMkDa.png

5) You only need this one folder on the xbox (folder size now 7.38 GB) name it what you like.

6) You can now play the game normally from the FSD3 menu

Of course this will present another problem. The TU (Title Updates) that come http://marketplace.jqe360.com/
will be for disc 1. As we are using disc 2 default.xex then FSD3 Title Update Manager won't find any TU's and so DLC won't be playable in the future.

Media ID (Complex release) -
disc 1 = 1DEB466B
disc 2 = 54A95DF1

So here's EDITED default.xex from disc 2 that has same media ID as disc 1 -

1.rename watch dogs default.xex to defaultORIGINAL.xex on your jtag.
2.download this edited default.xex https://copy.com/j7GSXq240nkI   it's media ID is 1DEB466B  and copy it to your watch dogs folder on your jtag (if you complete this step before FSD3 has scanned your default.xex for the first time then you can skip the following steps).
3.using FSD3 file manager move watch dogs folder to any location away from your fsd3 scan path
i.e hdd:\xbox 360 games\watch dogs    ---->   hdd:\watch dogs
4.go to your cover flow and delete watch dogs (this will clear fsd3 database of the old media ID for disc 2 of watch dogs in it's database.
5.move watch dogs back to your xbox 360 games folder set in fsd3 scan path and do a rescan by soft reset of fsd3.
6.Using TU Manager you should now be able to download latest TU.

If you want to add the TU manually then-

download the watch dogs TU with media ID 1DEB466B and place it -
Hdd\Content\0000000000000000\555308B7\000B0000\TU1

Hope this works in the future for any DLC.

yes as long as it passes basic stealth and has topology. Maybe post your abgx log and we can try and work out all ok?

some dlc and season pass to try-
https://copy.com/6mB1a1Eys7BI

i can confirm it works with the edited default.xex above so thumbs up. I have read this dlc doesn't need a TU so the edited default.xex above i still need to check against any future dlc or maybe someone can confirm dlc works without TU in place?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WATCH_DOGSâ„¢

GPD-file with no achievements and english description strings, see tutorial below how to install.

Exclusive Content

-> Blume Agent Pack
-> Breakthrough Pack
-> Club Justice Pack
-> Cyberpunk Pack
-> DedSec Shadow Pack
-> MP-412 REX Revolver
-> Palace Pack
-> R-33B Pistol
-> Signature Shot Pack
-> Untouchables Pack

UPlay Rewards

-> Gold D50
-> Papavero Stealth Edition

Thanks to eKZaeFNv9Nw6wlOu from x360iso for unlocking with UPlay points, but much thanks to paula3222, who had them first.

INSTALLATION
( Click to show/hide )

Save your profile:

Sign OUT of your profile on your console (DO THIS, you MUST do this in order to be able to copy your profile).
   Using FTP, navigate to \Hdd1,OnBoardMU,...\Content\<your profile ID directory>\FFFE07D1\00010000\
   (example: \Hdd1\Content\E0000xxxxxxxxxxx\FFFE07D1\00010000\).

Inside will be one single file with the same hash as <your profile ID> above.
   Copy that file somewhere on your PC, and make a backup of it.
   After you have a backup made via FTP, navigate back to where your profile is on your console and delete your existing one.
   If not already done, install Horizon and open it up.
   Drag&Drop your profile into Horizon.
   Now, with your profile open, click “Contentsâ€.
   You will see a little list of all files inside your profile.
   Use the search field to the left to find the 555308B7.GPD.
   Press right mouse-button, choose 'replace' and select the new/downloaded GPD.
   Press "Save, Rehash and Resign" and close it.
   Copy the profile (E0000xxxxxxxxxxx) back to your console.

GPD-file. Use this to edit your gamer profile for watch dogs in Horizon app for extra goodies.
https://copy.com/imsyhjHY3uVi

OsDmc9KV.png

1LHKutB3.png

tNd1F6lX.png

r0gU49dq.jpeg

42KY8ZY.jpeg

s823jDyk.jpeg

vzLFJOyM.jpeg

BSEPPLam.jpeg

y60gvaj5.jpeg

ZcJEDxv9.png

I have done everything as instructed but when i try to launch it it crashes

I am using Watch.Dogs.XBOX360-COMPLEX release

I am using xiso to extract files to pc then edit and use 360 contenet manger to transfer it to xbox ftp

it says"the game couldn't start try downloading the game again"

I have done everything as instructed but when i try to launch it it crashes

I am using Watch.Dogs.XBOX360-COMPLEX release

I am using xiso to extract files to pc then edit and use 360 contenet manger to transfer it to xbox ftp

it says"the game couldn't start try downloading the game again"

What kernel do you have?

What kernel do you have?

i have latest one i think k:2.0.16203.0

edit 1

Sorry i found out there are newer kernal XD

so can you give me link to good guid to flash  be wary it would be the 1st time ??

i have a jtag configration 

is this one ok

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/

edit 2

thx just flashed it with  16537 and i am able to play watch dogs :D and no problems so far ..... :D

i have latest one i think k:2.0.16203.0

edit 1

Sorry i found out there are newer kernal XD

so can you give me link to good guid to flash  be wary it would be the 1st time ??

i have a jtag configration 

is this one ok

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/

edit 2

thx just flashed it with  16537 and i am able to play watch dogs :D and no problems so far ..... :D

Generally, if your kernel is >= 6 months old, it's likely that there's a new version out, also, if games are crashing it's also very common that there's a new dashboard/kernel out

Where did it say tutorial for noobs..lmao..In the end you NEVER linked to the original tutorial you copy/pasted from which you should've done,been like that in all forums for years,accept the fact you've been caught with your pants down i suggest you don't do it again

OK , so i've done everything as in the tutorial for rgh: Copied the content of install 1&2 folders on my disc 2, renamed the game.xex to default.xex..but i still get the dirty disc error. I've tried recopying the game . Latest dashboard, lastest fs3. if any1 has a clue on this it's much apreciated.

Hmm , i got the $systemupdate folder..that's extra should i delete that?

Yeah, it's a useless folder ;)