RealModScene
Anonymous

Hdd low space issue

I am using 1 tp external HDD(fat 32) for my rgh console but now I have 300gb space bcoz of fat32 conversion. I don't knw where was gone my balance700 gb space.Any way to connect with my console via NTFS ???

Sent from my Xperia Miro using Tapatalk

If you formatted that HDD from NXE it will do a 32GB partition, even if there is a while TB availiable because it can't handle bigger drives, if you are in FDS3 it can handle the TB but with some limits like DLC must be place in the internal hdd to be recognized and I recommend you do some partitions on that TB because fat 32 is buggy handling large data volumes (1 TB and up), so you can store all your game data and other stuff in different partitions BUT only wil be availiable trough FSD3, NXE won't recognize them.

• Like 1

I cant believe that u are loosing 300gb just because of the fat32! NTFS wont work.

• Like 1

I cant believe that u are loosing 300gb just because of the fat32! NTFS wont work.

not 300gb .I am loosing approximately 700 GB

not 300gb .I am loosing approximately 700 GB

My guess is that you etheir used a faulty formatting tool which repartitioned your drive to 300gb instead of 1TB or something along those lines...

• Like 1

My guess is that you etheir used a faulty formatting tool which repartitioned your drive to 300gb instead of 1TB or something along those lines...

thank you swizzy ur guess was correct .

• Like 1

If you formatted that HDD from NXE it will do a 32GB partition, even if there is a while TB availiable because it can't handle bigger drives, if you are in FDS3 it can handle the TB but with some limits like DLC must be place in the internal hdd to be recognized and I recommend you do some partitions on that TB because fat 32 is buggy handling large data volumes (1 TB and up), so you can store all your game data and other stuff in different partitions BUT only wil be availiable trough FSD3, NXE won't recognize them.

I gave no idea where you read that about fat32 not handling big drives properly, i have a 2tb drive with alot of games on it (over 50% of the drive) and i still have 0 issues, the one possible issue is that it can be a little slow to load sometimes, but that has nothing to do with fat32 but rather the large count of files and folders...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It can handle them, but the probability of data corruption is high along with increased file size it cant move files bigger than 4GB and sometimes even if it does it can be corrupted most of the time (personal experience), I've asked in several forums about this issues with FAT32 and many answers I've got so far share some common aspects regarding big files in FAT32

It can handle them, but the probability of data corruption is high along with increased file size it cant move files bigger than 4GB and sometimes even if it does it can be corrupted most of the time (personal experience), I've asked in several forums about this issues with FAT32 and many answers I've got so far share some common aspects regarding big files in FAT32

Well, FAT32 don't support 4GB+ files, this is a known fact, other then that... there is no issues with big harddrives afaik, the possible issues is most likely caused by the harddrive used rather then the filesystem itself...

The only issue with larger (external) hard drives on the 360 is the console scans the HDD on boot up and it will GREATLY increase the length of the boot up process. I have a 2TB external attache to my console with A LOT of backup games on it and it takes 40 seconds for my console to boot.

I use a 2 TB external HDD , sometimes I have to wait 2 to 3 minutes till the console boots up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, big harddrives may cause the console to take alot longer to start, but that has nothing to do with the filesystem, it's the drive/ammount of content on it