RealModScene
jeffmangum

System Link still says TU #0 even after downloading latest updates

I download tu using fsd and it has no problem when i do it with black ops 2. I just download, set it as active then system link recognizes the new update. No need to restart or anything.

But on other games, it still says 0 when i updated to the latest one.

Sometimes there are little bugs in the title update manager.

I always download them manually from marketplace.jqe360.com (you have to know your Media ID and download the right version).

After downloading you have to put it in "HDD/Content/00000000000000000000/415608C3(which is the title ID of the game)/000B0000"

You can do this for every game by creating the folder with its title ID, if it doesnt exist, and putting the right Title Update (as I said you have to know your media ID, otherwise you have to test all TUs to find it out) in the 000B0000 subfolder.

Sometimes there are little bugs in the title update manager.

I always download them manually from marketplace.jqe360.com (you have to know your Media ID and download the right version).

After downloading you have to put it in "HDD/Content/00000000000000000000/415608C3(which is the title ID of the game)/000B0000"

You can do this for every game by creating the folder with its title ID, if it doesnt exist, and putting the right Title Update (as I said you have to know your media ID, otherwise you have to test all TUs to find it out) in the 000B0000 subfolder.

Ok i tried the manual method using FTP cause i cant seem to see the HDD/Content folder when i plug in my hdd on my pc.

I had to make a new folder cause theres no title id for the game. How will i know the title id of the game i have on my hdd by the way? Cause in marketplace, there are multiple ids for one game. 

So i did both title ids just to be sure. I see it on the update manager, but when i activate it and run the game, it doesnt run and goes back to the dashboard.

You probably need to update your dashboard/kernel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You probably need to update your dashboard/kernel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You mean the FSD? Why? I dont wanna update it cause last time i updated, it crashed fsd.

You mean the FSD? Why? I dont wanna update it cause last time i updated, it crashed fsd.

No, FSD isn't the same as Dashboard/Kernel

But, the latest TU's require the latest kernel... the Xbox 360 Dashboard... they don't work without it, which is probably why you are having game crashes...

FSD shouldn't crash unless there was a data failure/skin failure... you need to update both FSD and the skins you use, if all else fails you might as well do a clean-install, meaning remove your current FSD installation and download a fresh copy and put the files from it there... remember to do this without FSD running tho, it's best not to even start FSD before doing so (to make sure nothing is running in the background aswell)

I had this problem and the solution i used was way more simple, i was having the same problem with the TU's for CoD Black Ops 2 and CoD Ghosts what i did was to delete all my past TU's (versions 1,2,3,..., until the last released) cause i realized that when i downloaded them (directly from my jtag xbox) i didnt wait for them to properly finish and install, so after i delete the past versions, i downloaded the last version available and wait for the update to finish, then i selected as active and reboot my xbox, when i started the game i checked for system link and everything was working properly. Hope this work for you too.

Your point is?

My point is, there arent any other updates on the other games besides COD. I can easily update COD using the update manager but some games cant.

My point is, there arent any other updates on the other games besides COD. I can easily update COD using the update manager but some games cant.

there are updates for almost every game 

there are updates for almost every game 

Wait no i meant there arent any other downloaded updates for that game. In Cod, Ive already updated several times successfully even with previously downloaded updates.

in all the other games thats in TU #0, it cant be updated. 

On L4D2, i tried the manual update, and when i activate the new update, the game wont start.

• Like 1

you still didn't say whether you were on the current dash or not..current dash/kernel is 16747..( not FSD) Swizzy did ask you and got no response from you

if you aren't ,you should update your console ...this could be what is causing your issues

Im on latest 16747 kernel with avatars and im having this problem in bo2 as well. Also in bo2, im getting kicked to multiplayer menu after link matches and my console is freezing after matches if im hosting. My buddy did have the dlcs working on tu 14 but since i changed the tu to 18 via fsd im getting "wrong region dlc errors" im guessing these issues are connected

Im on latest 16747 kernel with avatars and im having this problem in bo2 as well. Also in bo2, im getting kicked to multiplayer menu after link matches and my console is freezing after matches if im hosting. My buddy did have the dlcs working on tu 14 but since i changed the tu to 18 via fsd im getting "wrong region dlc errors" im guessing these issues are connected

Go back to TU 17 or install the compatibility pack 2

compatibility pack 2?

That's some new DLC for COD Ghost, not BO2...

That's some new DLC for COD Ghost, not BO2...

Cool thanks 4 the replies, btw going back to tu17 solved all my probs so i really want to thank jpizzle for everything.  After tons of reasearch its apparent accross the jtag/ rgh community that the title update 18 uploaded for my bo2 media id is incorrect. Trying to reach out to jqe and xmbc to take down the incorrect tu until the correct one is posted to avoid further confusion. Somebody out there has that correct tu, they probably wont upload it if they see that one is already up

Cool thanks 4 the replies, btw going back to tu17 solved all my probs so i really want to thank jpizzle for everything. After tons of reasearch its apparent accross the jtag/ rgh community that the title update 18 uploaded for my bo2 media id is incorrect. Trying to reach out to jqe and xmbc to take down the incorrect tu until the correct one is posted to avoid further confusion. Somebody out there has that correct tu, they probably wont upload it if they see that one is already up

WRONG! Go to xbuc.com, go to black ops II title updates, download TU 18 by kab00m, transfer it in horizon, scan it in XM360 and activate it in manage title updates. WORKING 100%!!

Let's play! SugaryChalice1 (In Multiplayer) and AVI (In Zombies) and I mostly play zombies.

WRONG! Go to xbuc.com, go to black ops II title updates, download TU 18 by kab00m, transfer it in horizon, scan it in XM360 and activate it in manage title updates. WORKING 100%!!

Let's play! SugaryChalice1 (In Multiplayer) and AVI (In Zombies) and I mostly play zombies.

How is it WRONG to go backwards?? it's not like you HAVE to use the latest TU for the DLC to work... if you want to play with other players on LiNK and everyone else have TU18 installed, then yes... it's wrong... but... not everyone uses this yet...